Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you react?

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Elliptic7.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
Member #153629
March 20, 2014
128 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2016, 3:40 am - IP Logged

You should of course not continue sending money to your friend. 

Find another friend to trust or play as your self. It's not personal, just buisness.

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2016, 9:27 am - IP Logged

yeah gotta say i wouldnt count on him. Thigs go this badly already you cant imagine how bad it might get with an actually large win! dont risk it, the next draw could be that win. plan ahead, buy more when you go on your own for longer pre paid games. have responsibility on yourself. then only you can let yourself down.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49699 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2016, 10:14 am - IP Logged

So, I have been here before, and decided to come back.   I am in a bad position that makes me sick to my stomach.

I have been playing the same six sets of numbers in powerball for the past 12 years.   And have been sending money to a friend out of state because he is in a state that you can claim anonymously.   (This is not illegal.  I have checked into it.  Besides you can claim through the mail, and get money in the mail from lotteries, even if you are out of state.)

Anyway, this is the third time something has happened that I had to end up going out of state to get another set of tickets because he 1) first time, he lost the money; 2) another time screwed up on one of the lines; and 3) this last week, he has lost the tickets that he already bought.    I trust that he bought them.   I don't have any doubt, but what gives me the sick feeling is, what if this is the batch that wins, not only the money I have spent over the last 12 years would be lost, but the potential winning money would be lost.   I want to say "what the f---" but I am not a confrontational person.   If we win something maybe I might blow my top.   He is under the impression that the store will vouch for him.   (I know better).  It is so frustrating, because now, I will have to go to Wyoming on Saturday to get a new set of draws.   I pay him 20 dollars to buy the tickets as well as a promise that if we hit big, I will share it with him.   You'd think he would be careful.   I don't know.  I just know I am sick because every Wednesday and Saturday I hope that I wake up the next morning to a win.  When stuff like this happens, I hope I don't wake up to a win.   

I really don't know what to do.   I am frustrated at this point, because I worry that they will hit the time they are lost.

Uggh.

Write to President Trump: Ask him what to do!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

CALI
        Afghanistan
        Member #118735
        November 6, 2011
        134 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2016, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Thank YAH...

all out Ticket buys are done via Paypal and automated its all good

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2016, 11:26 am - IP Logged

"I really don't know what to do."

Then there's something wrong with your decision making skills or you've got a gambling problem. Would you keep going back to a restaurant that messes up your order on a regular basis?  Or keep buying products from a company that regularly gives you defective merchandise?

" I worry that they will hit the time they are lost."

You should worry a lot more about drowning, being hit by lightning, or a host of other bad things that are unlikely to happen.

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
            Member #71120
            February 19, 2009
            1209 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2016, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

We wake up everyday in Tennessee wishing for a miracle in change..It goes deeper than a friendship.So I couldnt give you valid advise.For myself personally,I would never trust anyone with such high dollars, low chances of winning.I can speak for every player in Tennessee....We hate the Lottery here.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2016, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

To win anything you have to have a winning ticket before the drawing, if you don't it's your fault and not the fault of an undependable friend.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                Member #164603
                March 8, 2015
                604 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2016, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

If you really live in Salt Lake City and have a car, why don't you drive the 1h15min to Evanston and buy multi-draw tickets?

Most people commute to work between 30-60min, so unless you can't afford the gas once a week, why would you put up with someone that unreliable?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19782 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2016, 8:00 am - IP Logged

So, I have been here before, and decided to come back.   I am in a bad position that makes me sick to my stomach.

I have been playing the same six sets of numbers in powerball for the past 12 years.   And have been sending money to a friend out of state because he is in a state that you can claim anonymously.   (This is not illegal.  I have checked into it.  Besides you can claim through the mail, and get money in the mail from lotteries, even if you are out of state.)

Anyway, this is the third time something has happened that I had to end up going out of state to get another set of tickets because he 1) first time, he lost the money; 2) another time screwed up on one of the lines; and 3) this last week, he has lost the tickets that he already bought.    I trust that he bought them.   I don't have any doubt, but what gives me the sick feeling is, what if this is the batch that wins, not only the money I have spent over the last 12 years would be lost, but the potential winning money would be lost.   I want to say "what the f---" but I am not a confrontational person.   If we win something maybe I might blow my top.   He is under the impression that the store will vouch for him.   (I know better).  It is so frustrating, because now, I will have to go to Wyoming on Saturday to get a new set of draws.   I pay him 20 dollars to buy the tickets as well as a promise that if we hit big, I will share it with him.   You'd think he would be careful.   I don't know.  I just know I am sick because every Wednesday and Saturday I hope that I wake up the next morning to a win.  When stuff like this happens, I hope I don't wake up to a win.   

I really don't know what to do.   I am frustrated at this point, because I worry that they will hit the time they are lost.

Uggh.

Welcome back SWSO50,See Ya! Maybe you should give your friend more money seems like you are getting the better deal for all you are asking him to do for you, and cut him some slack have you never lost anything or misplaced anything or ever got the numbers wrong on the tickets?

Hope you get feeling better try not to worry so much. Blue Angel

Good Luck

Let it Snow Snowman

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #123290
                    February 17, 2012
                    3050 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2016, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Not just an email, but do it in writing and date it and take a photo of it. Emails can be accidentally deleted.  Date it and photo

it, so he can't say; "you sent it after you won, and the deal still goes." Better yet, mail it return receipt requested. 

He sounds like someone who would lawyer up in a heartbeat, so cover your butt.

100% Co-sign!! GET IT IN WRITING!!

Whatever agreement you two have, you need to write it down and both sign it.

But if this guy keeps "losing" your money/tickets maybe should not have him purchse for you.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4106 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2016, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

You need to Vet your friends. The saying is true that "True friends don't screw you over, no matter what." Remove the deadwood.

I just noticed: No one from the forum won the MM jackpot last night.. we still have another shot at it Tuesday. Smile. Don't despair. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                        Marquette, MI
                        United States
                        Member #20541
                        August 20, 2005
                        705 Posts
                        Posted: June 25, 2016, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Does your friend live in a state where you can play on the states official website?

If so ask if you can register an account in your name with his address.  Then just buy your tickets online.

Check to make sure that is legal first though.

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8790 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2016, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

He said if it wasn't for me he wouldn't even be playing.  yes, he knows I will share.   He signs the tickets and sends them back to me so that neither can jip the other.   I am ok with that.   Unfortunately, because this doesn't seem like a big deal to him and he doesn't think we will ever win, I think he just is careless.

I love the "Is this a friend you want to grow old with."    We are mutual acquantences is more like it.  I call him friend because we know each other.

He signs the tickets!

UMMMM

WHATT

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4106 Posts
                            Posted: June 25, 2016, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

He signs the tickets!

UMMMM

My thought exactly J69- he signs the tickets?

*  That's like saying l have my friend sleepover at the apartment l share WITH my girlfriend on a regular basis while l am away. It's no biggie, he sleeping in the spare room. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7308 Posts
                              Posted: June 25, 2016, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I think you need to just buy the tickets yourself.

I Agree!