Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ok, this is getting

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Think.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2016, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

really irritating.  I may have to set my new ticket buy in point on the Mega Millions at $265 Million cash.  I'm tired not only of losing drawing after drawing  but I'm also tired of not seeing anyone win much of anything.

Ok everybody repeat after me -

Matrix Change! Matrix Change! Matrix Change!

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23267 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
      Philadelphia, PA
      United States
      Member #153774
      March 24, 2014
      879 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2016, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I only play about $10 every week.  Todd has another site usamega I go to and check out.  So basically that means most of the members that play on the MegaMillions and Powerball weekly might not win or might want a lot.  If you're having bad luck to stop playing.

Marquette, MI
        United States
        Member #20541
        August 20, 2005
        705 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2016, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I only play about $10 every week.  Todd has another site usamega I go to and check out.  So basically that means most of the members that play on the MegaMillions and Powerball weekly might not win or might want a lot.  If you're having bad luck to stop playing.

You must be winning alot if you aren't tired on this jackpot run!

It's time for a matrix change you just haven't figured that out yet.

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Philadelphia, PA
          United States
          Member #153774
          March 24, 2014
          879 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2016, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

One time I won $25 on $10.  My search engine Http://Www.whatzonyourmind.com.  the best thing to do is watch what players play and go to USA Mega and check out the stats

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #169277
            October 10, 2015
            630 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2016, 9:15 am - IP Logged

So many rollovers without a winner is getting discouraging.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22931 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2016, 9:52 am - IP Logged

really irritating.  I may have to set my new ticket buy in point on the Mega Millions at $265 Million cash.  I'm tired not only of losing drawing after drawing  but I'm also tired of not seeing anyone win much of anything.

This is why I hate the big jackpot games. It seems when the pot is way up there

and the buying frenzy is on, how can it rollover to begin a new frenzy? The odds

are terrible and one or a couple tickets are going to win at some point but with

the millions sold, why isn't it more winners and a faster reset? I searched for a 

post here explaining how quick picks are selected from pools of numbers and

how the chances of winning change as percentages of pools are used up...I can't

find that post...it was a good one too.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                877 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2016, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

The lotteries have changed their matrix structure to create exactly what is happening...bigger jackpots with less jackpot winners!

Most people, myself included, would rather see more people winning smaller jackpots more often and not have it rollover week after week with no winner(s).

Since you have to be "in it to win it", I buy at least one ticket per drawing. Otherwise, there's no chance at all of winning.

Yes, it's frustrating to not win, but not everyone will win...even a smaller prize...ever. Being a regular player, we just keep plugging along and hope for the best.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Marquette, MI
                  United States
                  Member #20541
                  August 20, 2005
                  705 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2016, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

So many rollovers without a winner is getting discouraging.

I started years ago with making an occasional trip to Wisc to buy lotto America tickets.

I have been at it near 25 years and they just keep making it harder and harder to win!

I'm not winning...well...whatever...but nobody is winning much of anything G D it!

How fun is a game that nobody wins?

Philadelphia, PA
                    United States
                    Member #153774
                    March 24, 2014
                    879 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2016, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

This is why somebody suggested not on this site but someone here where I work at claims that every state should have their own built up lottery jackpot writer than the big ones. 

Best advice is just play at your own risk and just be careful and watch what other people's numbers are not everyone is going to win and some people will

Marquette, MI
                      United States
                      Member #20541
                      August 20, 2005
                      705 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2016, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

This is why I hate the big jackpot games. It seems when the pot is way up there

and the buying frenzy is on, how can it rollover to begin a new frenzy? The odds

are terrible and one or a couple tickets are going to win at some point but with

the millions sold, why isn't it more winners and a faster reset? I searched for a 

post here explaining how quick picks are selected from pools of numbers and

how the chances of winning change as percentages of pools are used up...I can't

find that post...it was a good one too.

I remember that post.  It explained something along the lines of this - If the odds are 258 million to one then more than 129 million tickets need to be sold for there to be a 50/50 chance of a hit because of all the duplicate combos.

Course it was more in depth than that.

Marquette, MI
                        United States
                        Member #20541
                        August 20, 2005
                        705 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2016, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

The lotteries have changed their matrix structure to create exactly what is happening...bigger jackpots with less jackpot winners!

Most people, myself included, would rather see more people winning smaller jackpots more often and not have it rollover week after week with no winner(s).

Since you have to be "in it to win it", I buy at least one ticket per drawing. Otherwise, there's no chance at all of winning.

Yes, it's frustrating to not win, but not everyone will win...even a smaller prize...ever. Being a regular player, we just keep plugging along and hope for the best.

Yep, and the best is a MATRIX CHANGE!

I have already ABQ'd the PowerBall and after this run up I am going ABQ on the Mega too (All but quit- meaning only xmas, 4th of July and JP Level buys)

Philadelphia, PA
                          United States
                          Member #153774
                          March 24, 2014
                          879 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2016, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Do you play your own numbers or computer picks give me an idea of what you play

South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #18322
                            July 9, 2005
                            1704 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2016, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Do you play your own numbers or computer picks give me an idea of what you play

Since the number range is so high for PB & MM [PB = 5/69 & 1/26; MM = 5/75 & 1/15][I ignore the Odds], I play computer picks, b/c the computer is just as likely to choose the right combination of 5 winning numbers on the same line, as I am [my choosing the Jackpot numbers would be a long shot].

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5600 Posts
                              Posted: June 27, 2016, 8:52 am - IP Logged

While everyone is bemoaning the big jackpot, (which is the reason people play), the smaller jackpots that folks also want is right there. Getting the first 5 numbers pays a million dollars without the multipliers, and most draws there are 1, 2, or more that win that.

Changing the matrix to make it easier to win the jackpot would kill the games. PB and MM aren't for everyone. But they are for the people that want and like big jackpots. For those that don't, there the state lottos, pick 5 games, keno, Lucky for Life games. There are lots of other games out there to play if you like better odds, smaller prizes. You can even play a Pick 4 game for $5 straight to win $25,000, odds 1 in 10,000.

I play a lot of different games in my state, and the one thing I have learned is that they are ALL hard to win.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)