Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ok, this is getting

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Think.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
879 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2016, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

While everyone is bemoaning the big jackpot, (which is the reason people play), the smaller jackpots that folks also want is right there. Getting the first 5 numbers pays a million dollars without the multipliers, and most draws there are 1, 2, or more that win that.

Changing the matrix to make it easier to win the jackpot would kill the games. PB and MM aren't for everyone. But they are for the people that want and like big jackpots. For those that don't, there the state lottos, pick 5 games, keno, Lucky for Life games. There are lots of other games out there to play if you like better odds, smaller prizes. You can even play a Pick 4 game for $5 straight to win $25,000, odds 1 in 10,000.

I play a lot of different games in my state, and the one thing I have learned is that they are ALL hard to win.

In addition to what you said, I don't know which is worse.....

1. Checking your ticket(s) after the drawing and finding out someone won, but it wasn't you
  2. Checking your ticket(s) after the drawing and finding out that NOBODY won

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Chicago
    United States
    Member #171107
    December 31, 2015
    79 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2016, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

While everyone is bemoaning the big jackpot, (which is the reason people play), the smaller jackpots that folks also want is right there. Getting the first 5 numbers pays a million dollars without the multipliers, and most draws there are 1, 2, or more that win that.

Changing the matrix to make it easier to win the jackpot would kill the games. PB and MM aren't for everyone. But they are for the people that want and like big jackpots. For those that don't, there the state lottos, pick 5 games, keno, Lucky for Life games. There are lots of other games out there to play if you like better odds, smaller prizes. You can even play a Pick 4 game for $5 straight to win $25,000, odds 1 in 10,000.

I play a lot of different games in my state, and the one thing I have learned is that they are ALL hard to win.

Problem is state lotto's are following example and changing matrix as

Illinois Lotto got harder to win and now it just an endless # of rollovers with very few actual winners. It goes months without a winner at times

Smaller jackpots with more winners would be so much better

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
      Philadelphia, PA
      United States
      Member #153774
      March 24, 2014
      925 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2016, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Illinois Lotto got harder to win and now it just an endless # of rollovers with very few actual winners. It goes months without a winner at times

You're absolutely right.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5615 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2016, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Go on usamega and see how many hit 5+0 on the last MM and PB draws. The Tx MM 5+0 winner won 5 mil because he played the megaplier.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Philadelphia, PA
          United States
          Member #153774
          March 24, 2014
          925 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2016, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Go on usamega and see how many hit 5+0 on the last MM and PB draws. The Tx MM 5+0 winner won 5 mil because he played the megaplier.

I think there is a way of hitting in some form way but which ones will come out.   I like the usamega and need to look carefully comparing what could come out.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
            Marquette, MI
            United States
            Member #20541
            August 20, 2005
            705 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2016, 11:36 am - IP Logged

????  Everyone????

That was one person and one post and suddenly the poster is speaking for everyone???

Mega Millions is setting a new record and that record is most number of rolls before the jackpot is won.

If they are going to give it away quarterly or every six months or every year then they should convert it into a raffle with 1,2, or 4 draws per year!

Lucky for Life should be a raffle too because they seem to want to award only 1 jackpot per year so I don't play LFL either  because nobody wins!

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Think's avatar - lightbulb
              Marquette, MI
              United States
              Member #20541
              August 20, 2005
              705 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2016, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Coincidentally The Michigan 6/xx game is an RNG game and while the Mega Millions is not producing any winners the Michigan 6/xx RNG game has, all of a sudden, been paying out the Wazoo with many many small jackpots without the odds having been changed at all!

I believe it may be setting a record for how often it  is paying out the RNG jackpots

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                Upstate NY
                United States
                Member #174656
                May 5, 2016
                781 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

The lotteries have changed their matrix structure to create exactly what is happening...bigger jackpots with less jackpot winners!

Most people, myself included, would rather see more people winning smaller jackpots more often and not have it rollover week after week with no winner(s).

Since you have to be "in it to win it", I buy at least one ticket per drawing. Otherwise, there's no chance at all of winning.

Yes, it's frustrating to not win, but not everyone will win...even a smaller prize...ever. Being a regular player, we just keep plugging along and hope for the best.

That is extremely incorrect. Most people want BIG Jackpots, not more random people collecting their money. Use a more appropriate term like "a few" or " almost nobody" rather than most. 

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                  Upstate NY
                  United States
                  Member #174656
                  May 5, 2016
                  781 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

In addition to what you said, I don't know which is worse.....

1. Checking your ticket(s) after the drawing and finding out someone won, but it wasn't you
                  2. Checking your ticket(s) after the drawing and finding out that NOBODY won

Number 1 is FAR worse. Nobody winning allows me to compete for a real jackpot on the next drawing while someone else winning it means i have to wait 2 months or more for a real jackpot.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                    Member #169277
                    October 10, 2015
                    630 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I agree, Illinois lotto has become really bad with only one, maybe two winners in a year.  Lucky Day lotto is looking better to me, there's a winner about once a week. It's too much to play every day with twice a day drawings, but once it gets up to 800,000 or more, it's worth a try.

Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #171107
                      December 31, 2015
                      79 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

I just started playing LDL in Feb

Before that it never appealed to me but the fact there seems to be more winners and somewhat better odds (Still extremly unlikley you will ever win anything) made me start buying

I do one line for 14 draws (Both day/evening draws). So $14 a week and I usually win back a few bucks so its not total loss

I am thinking of cutting back on Instant tickets and playing two lines of LDL for a while to see how it goes. $28 is a bit steep for 2 lines in 14 draws but at same time I buy $20 instant tickets and lose often so its not that much of a stretch financially right now

My current lotto budget weekly

$12 on regular lotto
                      $28 on LDL (Started this past week)
                      $20-100 depending on how I do on stratch offs

Some weeks I spend big ($100) if I have some good runs like my $500 or $1000 wins this year. Sometimes I only play low ($20) on scratch offs

I play PB and Mega when jackpots get big. Usually do 2 lines of PB ($4) and 3 lines of Mega ($3) each draw though occasionally I will do $4 a draw in Mega if I go with an additional QP

I know I am ultimately losing $$$ overall but right now I can afford this type of budget

It just sucks that Illinois lotto seems to have so few winners even on any games lately. LDL is only exception ,, Seems like its rare for big instant wins either for Illinois this year

I have noticed the odds on newer instant tickets are slowly creeping upwards so its becoming less appealing knowing that all the jackpot games are getting more and more rare wins for people

Philadelphia, PA
                        United States
                        Member #153774
                        March 24, 2014
                        925 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2016, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

This is what I have been doing a little bit.  I go to usamega and look at the numbers and stats.   '

I might also take a look at what some members do play but of course no one really knows what will come out.  I predict 7-5-2016 someone hits.

Philadelphia, PA
                          United States
                          Member #153774
                          March 24, 2014
                          925 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2016, 9:05 am - IP Logged

really irritating.  I may have to set my new ticket buy in point on the Mega Millions at $265 Million cash.  I'm tired not only of losing drawing after drawing  but I'm also tired of not seeing anyone win much of anything.

Ok everybody repeat after me -

Matrix Change! Matrix Change! Matrix Change!

I was thinking about this posting last night too.   Yeah well maybe some of us need the experts who predict the correct numbers out.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                            Member #93164
                            June 23, 2010
                            1325 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2016, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I would stick to Mega Millions because they cost only $1 per draw versus $2 per draw for Powerball.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #162631
                              January 7, 2015
                              507 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2016, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

So many rollovers without a winner is getting discouraging.

Exactamundo!

• Don't chase the numbers you play.
                              • Play only numbers you've already played, plus however many random picks.
                              • But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.
                                        (so far, though, I've yet to win any significant lotto prize)