Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2 winners for MM minimum

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 5 months ago by ressuccess.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #169365
October 13, 2015
135 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2016, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if this is the first time a draw game jackpot has been won with a three consecutive number string?

It would be a real shame if both of those winning tickets were QPs.  With sales being very low (because of the starting JP amount) put the odds of 'randomly generating' 2 JP winners at staggering odds - up in the billions.

Kind of a kick in the groin, having to split the starting JP.  It's barely over the amount for hitting 5+0 with a 5x megaplier.

It may actually come out to be less if you choose the cash value over the annuity - assuming that a $5M win (5+0 with max megaplier) is a $5M cash payout.

In any case, I'm sure the winners are elated.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
    Member #93164
    June 23, 2010
    1325 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2016, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if this is the first time a draw game jackpot has been won with a three consecutive number string?

It would be a real shame if both of those winning tickets were QPs.  With sales being very low (because of the starting JP amount) put the odds of 'randomly generating' 2 JP winners at staggering odds - up in the billions.

Kind of a kick in the groin, having to split the starting JP.  It's barely over the amount for hitting 5+0 with a 5x megaplier.

It may actually come out to be less if you choose the cash value over the annuity - assuming that a $5M win (5+0 with max megaplier) is a $5M cash payout.

In any case, I'm sure the winners are elated.

It has happened to California Super Lotto Plus twice (Once in March 2003 and again in December 26, 2015 to January 2, 2016).

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!