Welcome Guest
You last visited April 23, 2017, 3:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you continue to play if you won MM or PB?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 7 months ago by mikeintexas.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

You just won MM or PB. Would you keep playing?

Yes, I would still buy a ticket for each drawing. [ 28 ]  [66.67%]
No. I won! So why play any more? [ 14 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 42 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
893 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2016, 6:22 am - IP Logged

Scene 1: You bought your PB or MM tickets like you always have, but this time when you check your ticket(s), you see that you have the PB or MM# and 1 match...2 matches.....3 matches...(your pulse quickens and you begin to breathe heavier) ....4 matches.....holy sh*t you got all 5 numbers plus the PB or MM# and won the jackpot. You start screaming and running around your house. Hurray!BananaDanceHyperPanic sets in Eek...what do I do now? 

Scene 2: You contacted legal and financial advisers and collected your money. Your money is in the bank and now YOU'RE RICH!

PartyPartyPartyPartyParty

Do you keep playing? 

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1326 Posts
    Posted: August 14, 2016, 6:43 am - IP Logged

I would quit playing.  The only reason I play is for the money.  But that's an interesting question... I'd like to know if past lottery winners continue to buy tickets.

Never give up.  Banana

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2016, 7:44 am - IP Logged

I would quit playing.  The only reason I play is for the money.  But that's an interesting question... I'd like to know if past lottery winners continue to buy tickets.

I know Brad Duke does because his name was on a winner's list for the annual lottery raffle a couple years ago.  If he's buying raffle tickets I assume he's buying others too.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
        Member #169277
        October 10, 2015
        630 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2016, 8:05 am - IP Logged

Scene 1: You bought your PB or MM tickets like you always have, but this time when you check your ticket(s), you see that you have the PB or MM# and 1 match...2 matches.....3 matches...(your pulse quickens and you begin to breathe heavier) ....4 matches.....holy sh*t you got all 5 numbers plus the PB or MM# and won the jackpot. You start screaming and running around your house. Hurray!BananaDanceHyperPanic sets in Eek...what do I do now? 

Scene 2: You contacted legal and financial advisers and collected your money. Your money is in the bank and now YOU'RE RICH!

PartyPartyPartyPartyParty

Do you keep playing? 

How much did I win? Under 50 million and the answer is yes, keep playing.  More than that, I'm not sure, maybe occasionally.

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #157701
          July 28, 2014
          150 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2016, 8:25 am - IP Logged

It depends how much I won. If it was a reset of Mega Millions and I split the base jackpot then yes, I would continue to play. If I won a jackpot of $80 million where I would most likely net $30 million after taxes then no, I would no longer play regularly.

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #138729
            February 4, 2013
            2909 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2016, 8:31 am - IP Logged

I voted.... yes.

Smile

*Do you live in MI and want legal regulated online poker? Click on me
            *Do you live in NY and want legal regulated online poker? Click on me
            *Do you live in PA and want legal regulated online poker? Click on me
            *Do you live in CA and want legal regulated online poker? Click on me

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #77167
              July 15, 2009
              604 Posts
              Posted: August 14, 2016, 8:56 am - IP Logged

This lady didn't win MM or PB but still two decent wins and blew it.

"Evelyn Adams won the New Jersey Lottery twice (in 1985 and 1986), for over $5.4 million combined (both prizes were paid in the form of mandatory annuities.) However, she was a compulsive gambler, giving large sums to friends and family. By 2001, Adams was living in a trailer."

If I won a small jackpot I would probably keep playing to fund some projects--not for bling.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                USA
                United States
                Member #152799
                February 25, 2014
                1095 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2016, 8:56 am - IP Logged

How much did I win? Under 50 million and the answer is yes, keep playing.  More than that, I'm not sure, maybe occasionally.

I would agree with your choice as well!

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                  Green Bay
                  United States
                  Member #169391
                  October 15, 2015
                  1326 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2016, 9:23 am - IP Logged

This lady didn't win MM or PB but still two decent wins and blew it.

"Evelyn Adams won the New Jersey Lottery twice (in 1985 and 1986), for over $5.4 million combined (both prizes were paid in the form of mandatory annuities.) However, she was a compulsive gambler, giving large sums to friends and family. By 2001, Adams was living in a trailer."

If I won a small jackpot I would probably keep playing to fund some projects--not for bling.

zephbe...What do you consider a small jackpot?  To me, anything under two or three million would be a small jackpot.  In that case, I would keep playing.  I guess it all depends on what someone actually needs to live a comfortable life.

Never give up.  Banana

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
                    Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #168137
                    August 17, 2015
                    128 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2016, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

I dont think I would have a ticket in every draw, or even still play that regularly. I would consider tickets when the jackpots are getting quite high.

It would also depend on the jackpot size that I'd won. If I only win a million, after taxes- there is still some daydreams left unfunded, and I would probably continue to play.

United States
                      Member #169911
                      November 6, 2015
                      59 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2016, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Depends on the jackpot size but I would still continue to play.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                        Chasing the Dream.
                        Utopia- California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4253 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2016, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Between 30-50 Mil ( after all taxes are paid) done playing for good. The whole purpose is to win, once that has been accomplished its Game Over. As Edna Mode would say 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3907 Posts
                          Posted: August 14, 2016, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

I'd most likely quit, I already went from an every draw player to an occasional player,

when I changed my preference to CFL and LFL.

If I was in a store and got the urge I might buy a ticket..but it wouldn't be the reason for the trip anymore.

Voted no.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

south el monte
                            United States
                            Member #154982
                            May 4, 2014
                            65 Posts
                            Posted: August 14, 2016, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

If i won a big amount , say a couple of mil. I would never play again.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #171219
                              January 3, 2016
                              125 Posts
                              Posted: August 14, 2016, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

The whole purpose of playing the lottery is to win the lottery. After that is done, mission accomplished, on to the next mountain.