Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you rather be Lucky or Good when it comes to playing the lottery?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 3 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
Brooklyn, NY
United States
Member #169723
October 29, 2015
879 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2016, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I would like to be good at being lucky.

If you pick your numbers and hit, you're good only if you used a system. Although, I don't think any system can work in a random game. No No

If you buy a quick pick and hit, you're lucky. Lep

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4529 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2016, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Since I've gotten unlucky thru no effort , I think I'll choose proficient at good.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1183 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2016, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Both could be interpreted differently- what would be your choice?  Have a Great Weekend People,  be safe out there and above all else- Stay Healthy & blessed with long life. Smile

Don't know what "good" means in the context of lottery playing but I'd rather be lucky. 

Machiavelli is one of the few people who understood the role fortuna plays in success. Jennifer Hudson, Usain Bolt, Warren Buffett, Oprah, are all where they are now because of a freaky set of lucky circumstances.

I'm on the fence regarding Kit Harrington. When he was young he idolized a reporter whose name was Jon Snow. He used to say, "when I grow up, I'm going to be Jon Snow." That he just so happened to snag the role of the most popular character in HBO's most popular show, whose name just happened to be Jon Snow, may not be luck, but it's still downright freaky. 

But I definitely believe luck played a huge part in Steven White and Gloria buying those winning tickets. So give me luck. PLEASE!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2016, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Lucky. No matter how 'good' you are it takes luck to hit a jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
          N.C.
          United States
          Member #56005
          October 28, 2007
          832 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2016, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Well stated.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2016, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

NG:

What do you mean by "Good".....???  "like wipe it with a cloth...?  or  "like hit it with a hammer"...? Bash   or  "put Clorox bleach on it"...? Let It All Out Yes, you got to be good if you were named after Sir Edmund Hillary 

who said,..."Boredom has always been a problem"...Lurking   Naughty Stooges   but, it just can't much" BUTTER"  ??? 

Note my response to DestinyCreaction Psy...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2016, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Don't know what "good" means in the context of lottery playing but I'd rather be lucky. 

Machiavelli is one of the few people who understood the role fortuna plays in success. Jennifer Hudson, Usain Bolt, Warren Buffett, Oprah, are all where they are now because of a freaky set of lucky circumstances.

I'm on the fence regarding Kit Harrington. When he was young he idolized a reporter whose name was Jon Snow. He used to say, "when I grow up, I'm going to be Jon Snow." That he just so happened to snag the role of the most popular character in HBO's most popular show, whose name just happened to be Jon Snow, may not be luck, but it's still downright freaky. 

But I definitely believe luck played a huge part in Steven White and Gloria buying those winning tickets. So give me luck. PLEASE!!!

DestinyCreaction asked that question as well Teddi. Take a gander at my response Girl.Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2016, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I would like to be good at being lucky.

If you pick your numbers and hit, you're good only if you used a system. Although, I don't think any system can work in a random game. No No

If you buy a quick pick and hit, you're lucky. Lep

That makes a lot of sense MM.

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2016, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

..and therein lies the rub Coin.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                    Brooklyn, NY
                    United States
                    Member #169723
                    October 29, 2015
                    879 Posts
                    Posted: September 10, 2016, 11:30 am - IP Logged

That makes a lot of sense MM.

I would rather have DOLLARS than SENSE (cents) 

I'll need the sense once I win the dollars.

LOL

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot