Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Second Chance Drawings

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 2 months ago by Redd55.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How often if ever do you register your tickets for a second chance drawing?

I register all my tickets everytime [ 14 ]  [58.33%]
I sometimes register my tickets [ 3 ]  [12.50%]
I have in the past, but no longer register tickets [ 3 ]  [12.50%]
I never register my tickets [ 4 ]  [16.67%]
I have never heard of second chance drawings [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2016, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Our state lottery just finished a promo giving away $1000 per week for 8 weeks in a 2nd chance.  It included all games with "hot" in the name.  I play Hot Lotto so I entered my few losers, then saw some discarded "hot" scratch tickets at a scratch station.  I kinda got caught up in finding thrown away tickets and was able to enter 20 - 30 per week thru the whole promo.  Didn't win a thing.  But I was pretty surprised at the number of people who discard losers instead of entering the 2nd chance.

We also have an ongoing 2nd chance on Megamillions.  If you buy a ticket worth at least $5 on a Monday you get a voucher to enter the drawing.  I've been entering about every other week for probably six months with the same result.  Nada.

Catpickednumber's avatar - cat anm.gif
    Santa Cruz, California
    United States
    Member #175784
    July 5, 2016
    68 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2016, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Oh I know, I do sometimes take the torn up pieces but sometimes there are way too many that it isn't worth it. The person who tears them up makes sure (it sseems) that the two codes needed are not on the same piece. If I scanned then all i'd need would be the scan code but I don't scan..

Catpickednumber's avatar - cat anm.gif
      Santa Cruz, California
      United States
      Member #175784
      July 5, 2016
      68 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2016, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I bet the people who win only enter a few codes.lol.. Seems to be the way of the Universe.  We in CA are allowed 500 codes for scratchers per month. I made 500 mostly from thrown away tickets..I still haven't won. In one week I had over 2000 entries due to some tickets having extra points.. So expected to win, but with over a million entries it's still a fat chance.. I won't give up though..odds are still better than the scratchers themselves.

United States
        Member #164725
        March 12, 2015
        341 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2016, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Our state lottery just finished a promo giving away $1000 per week for 8 weeks in a 2nd chance.  It included all games with "hot" in the name.  I play Hot Lotto so I entered my few losers, then saw some discarded "hot" scratch tickets at a scratch station.  I kinda got caught up in finding thrown away tickets and was able to enter 20 - 30 per week thru the whole promo.  Didn't win a thing.  But I was pretty surprised at the number of people who discard losers instead of entering the 2nd chance.

We also have an ongoing 2nd chance on Megamillions.  If you buy a ticket worth at least $5 on a Monday you get a voucher to enter the drawing.  I've been entering about every other week for probably six months with the same result.  Nada.

Interesting. Calif has recently did something similar. They had a second chance drawing for a $40k prize. It also lasted about 5 weeks.  Depending on the price of the scratcher you received entry points. This resulted in 60 million entries for the second chance drawing. 

They did a promo for our state lottery for 4 weeks where you got a weekly raffle ticket for a $500 prize. 

A couple of years ago, a lot less people entered these second chance contest and the odds were better. Someone here said that they won a significant prize but partly bc so few people entered. I cant remember the numbers so I am not even going to try to guess.

United States
          Member #164725
          March 12, 2015
          341 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2016, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I bet the people who win only enter a few codes.lol.. Seems to be the way of the Universe.  We in CA are allowed 500 codes for scratchers per month. I made 500 mostly from thrown away tickets..I still haven't won. In one week I had over 2000 entries due to some tickets having extra points.. So expected to win, but with over a million entries it's still a fat chance.. I won't give up though..odds are still better than the scratchers themselves.

If you check the weekly Results and Winners, they get over 19 million entries a week on scratchers. 

As to torn tickets, the numbers you need are usually very near each other .

TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
            Augusta, Georgia
            United States
            Member #127854
            May 10, 2012
            81 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2016, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Sure you can benefit from them.  All you need are the entry numbers - not a whole intact ticket.

Most of the 2nd chance games here in Georgia require the ticket. Be sure to read the rules to find out if you have to present the actual ticket. In South Carolina you don't have to have it.

I can not imagine the horror of being a winner and not being able to claim a million dollars because you don't have the actual ticket! (Or what ever the prize for a particular drawing)

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

United States
              Member #164725
              March 12, 2015
              341 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2016, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Most of the 2nd chance games here in Georgia require the ticket. Be sure to read the rules to find out if you have to present the actual ticket. In South Carolina you don't have to have it.

I can not imagine the horror of being a winner and not being able to claim a million dollars because you don't have the actual ticket! (Or what ever the prize for a particular drawing)

He's in California. He doesnt need the ticket. California use to have 2 second chance drawings -- a weekly one and an end of game one where they offered one top prize what ever it was.  Since it took years for the end of game second chance drawings people would have had to save all their scratcher tickets for that game for years. Not exactly practical.  Unfortunately, they did away with the end of game drawings.