Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If I were running my states lottery I would...

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 2 months ago by LiveInGreenBay.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
Winning makes me smile.
bel air maryland
United States
Member #90251
April 24, 2010
4872 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2016, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Mandate the use of ball machines.

Live Televised/streamed drawings.

Increase payout ratios (this one would problably end my tenure in the job quite quickly!)

Eliminate pre-tests.

Introduce parimutuel payouts (prize pool divided by number of winners) and thereby eliminate blocking of numbers.

Negotiate a huge salary, many perks, and a generous golden parachute for myself!

I agree with everything except the parimutuel payouts. You used to get $500 for a P3 straight, now you may get $236? No way.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4872 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2016, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I would get rid of the pre and post tests, and lock the machines and ball sets in a vault with a live feed that records the rooms with a security guard monitoring the video feed.

This would save tons of payroll employing dozens of people wasting 10 hours a day or more man handling machines for no good reason whatsoever. Also saves money for new machines since they wear out the machines before their time with all those dumb tests.

The machines are already locked up in a vault. Google or go on you tube and type in "lottery drawing procedures for..." whatever state, and see what they go through. No way in the world can anyone tamper with anything.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7310 Posts
      Posted: October 10, 2016, 12:21 am - IP Logged

I don't remember the last time we did these.  I have already opened a Forum for Michigan.

Feel free to either open a forum for your state or post here.

I would start by adding every possible bet to pick-3 games, IE sums, pairs, any digit in any digit position, any digit in any position, etc. And if that works out, add the same options to pick-4 and pick-5 games. If the state has live ball drawings and TV cost was an issue, I live stream them on the Internet.

gladys48's avatar - animaniacs07
        Newnan GA
        United States
        Member #176392
        August 3, 2016
        174 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2016, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I would start by adding every possible bet to pick-3 games, IE sums, pairs, any digit in any digit position, any digit in any position, etc. And if that works out, add the same options to pick-4 and pick-5 games. If the state has live ball drawings and TV cost was an issue, I live stream them on the Internet.

I was running my state lottery and I'm work with the Inspector Pick 4 Number Classification System and i came up with 1308 3189 3812 3811 and it said that 100% do anybody no what that mean if you do send me a reply

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
          Green Bay
          United States
          Member #169391
          October 15, 2015
          1245 Posts
          Posted: October 14, 2016, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

I would transfer all the money into my off-shore bank account and hi-tail it to somewhere in South America.  Big Grin

Never give up.  Banana