Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your detailed plan IF you won the jackpot PB or MG?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 2 months ago by Unluckyone.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
candle2016's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
Member #177478
October 1, 2016
20 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2016, 4:10 am - IP Logged

It's fun to dream. If I won PB or MG, I would use the money to support education for all my nieces and nephews. I also like to help my siblings and relatives. I will probably not purchase anything expensive for at least a year.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
    Happy California
    United States
    Member #157856
    August 2, 2014
    1522 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2016, 6:59 am - IP Logged

It's fun to dream. If I won PB or MG, I would use the money to support education for all my nieces and nephews. I also like to help my siblings and relatives. I will probably not purchase anything expensive for at least a year.

Welcome, candle2016. "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." 

I hope that you have an enjoyable experience here on Lottery Post. 

You do have the two letter abbreviation for Power Ball correct, PB.  But the common abbreviation for Mega Millions is MM. Just as LP Member is short for Lottery Post member.

Personally, I would use CDARS and ICS. CDARS stands for Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service. And ICS is Insured Cash Sweeps. You can find both on the website, www.cdars.com  ICS is at the bottom of the opening page of CDARS.

This would give me time to grow into the money. I would be in a Decision Free Zone. Except for the necessary decisions that need to be made. Legal, Financial, Taxes, 

I hope that you learn a lot while you stay here in Lottery Post and USAMEGA.

Dance

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

United States
      Member #177478
      October 1, 2016
      20 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2016, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Thank you Music*. I am still new to PB and MM. I like your idea about CDARS and ICS. I learn a little bit every time I come here.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4110 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2016, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Music has covered all the bases. The most important thing for any jackpot winner is " Don't do anything foolish with your money. "

There is a saying that goes like this " A Fool and his/ her money is soon parted." It's all true given the stories we have read. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
          Member #164603
          March 8, 2015
          614 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2016, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Music has covered all the bases. The most important thing for any jackpot winner is " Don't do anything foolish with your money. "

There is a saying that goes like this " A Fool and his/ her money is soon parted." It's all true given the stories we have read. 

How about doing something foolish with a small part of your win?

Nolege is power.

Marana AZ
            United States
            Member #145341
            August 3, 2013
            178 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2016, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I plan to bail out Hot Sauce when I win.  Well, maybe not something that foolish.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
              Green Bay
              United States
              Member #169391
              October 15, 2015
              1248 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2016, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I'd buy a really nice house in the country surrounded by woods and a stream where the closest neighbor is 10 miles away.  I'd buy a really nice ATV vehicle and just have fun on my property which would be 40 acres at a minimum.  The rest of my money would sit in several banks.  I don't need all sorts of high priced financial planners or lawyers.  I'm a simple man.

Never give up.  Banana

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1522 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2016, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Max, I stand corrected. Yes, I will have a certain amount of play or blow money. A certain percentage possibly. For entertainment purposes. Maybe take a cruise up to Alaska or South to Mexico. Get out of Fresno, CA after collecting and let the media frenzy dissipate.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                  Texas Panhandle
                  United States
                  Member #136843
                  December 20, 2012
                  1284 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2016, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

LiveInGreenBay, that song reminds me of what my mom used to tell me. She's been gone for 12 yrs. now (just last week was the anniversary of the day she passed) and there's not been a single day go by that I haven't thought of her.  I wasn't a typical "momma's boy" but she truly was my best friend I've ever had and a buffer between me and my pop who were so much alike, we sometimes got on each others nerves.   I'd give half the life I have left just to have her back for one more day.

Your plans are much the same as mine, but not as strict on the neighbor distance.  Even here in Texas, it's hard to find a place like that, at least not one with live water and a pond.  I want it to be a convenient distance to town, too.  I had a dream place that fit nearly every qualification, but it was taken off the market a couple of weeks back. It was $2.225 million, 4BR/3.5bath, two large living areas, a large breakfast nook with East-facing windows overlooking the nearest lake and a cute 1BR guest cottage, four small spring-fed lakes (about 30 acres in total), two barns, several ponds, about 30% wooded with several pastures that also produced a good amount of hay.

I want a few mules and a couple of pet pigs to eat the scraps, a raised bed garden, lots of chickens, both for eggs and meat.  I want a few cats and a couple of dogs, one of the lap variety but the other a big one that could hang a fang in a prowler. 

I have loads of sites bookmarked, places to buy chickens, gardening supplies, etc. and really like the KubotaUSA website with their small tractors and haying equipment, and particularly their utility vehicles.   One model has a hydraulic connection to power tools like a chainsaw, fencepost driver, water pump, tree trimmer and others.

Dreaming about it might be considered a waste of time to some and that's fine, but it doesn't cost anything and at least you can have some tentative plans in case you DO win the lottery.  It keeps me off the streets, anyway.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2016, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Live 'heat, eat, and taxes' as the saying goes. 

A little bit of fun too, maybe taking some ladies to the beach to watch the submarine races and spending a St Paddy's Day in South Boston. 

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                      Member #164603
                      March 8, 2015
                      614 Posts
                      Posted: October 12, 2016, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Mike, sad to hear about the loss of your mom.

From your comment about the farm I gather you didn't win the MM then? 

Gotta say I was immediately thinking you must have been the one.

Next time!

Nolege is power.

United States
                        Member #177478
                        October 1, 2016
                        20 Posts
                        Posted: October 12, 2016, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

@mikeintexas: I almost cried reading your post. It reminds me of how lucky I am to have both parents alive. I am sure your mom is looking over you in heaven. Nothing is impossible. The person who won the lottery probably was dreaming about it before he/she won just like we do now. It does not hurt to dream. I want to take care the people I love and money will make it a lot easier. I am helping them now, but now as much as I would like to do.

Texas Panhandle
                          United States
                          Member #136843
                          December 20, 2012
                          1284 Posts
                          Posted: October 12, 2016, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Mike, sad to hear about the loss of your mom.

From your comment about the farm I gather you didn't win the MM then? 

Gotta say I was immediately thinking you must have been the one.

Next time!

Well, I checked on Google Earth and the distance from here to Balch Springs (a suburb of Dallas, small town) is 364 miles. Shoot, I'd rather go get my lottery tickets at a liquor store where some really cute young women work, but it's on the other side of THIS small town.  I go to either the convenience store that's just a quarter mile away or another liquor store that's not much farther OR get them out of the vending machine when I'm at the grocery store. 

I'm glad you didn't wish me ill and that made me think of how some folks in here would act if a "friend" won or if someone they didn't like had won.  There's more than enough hateful talk going around over politics, anonymity, what you'd buy if you won or how you'd invest.   I'm going to try to be a kinder, gentler mikeintexas.

That'll probably last about as long as a fart in a tornado.

Thanks for your kind words.

Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136843
                            December 20, 2012
                            1284 Posts
                            Posted: October 12, 2016, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

@mikeintexas: I almost cried reading your post. It reminds me of how lucky I am to have both parents alive. I am sure your mom is looking over you in heaven. Nothing is impossible. The person who won the lottery probably was dreaming about it before he/she won just like we do now. It does not hurt to dream. I want to take care the people I love and money will make it a lot easier. I am helping them now, but now as much as I would like to do.

I'm sure you know this and do it anyway, but be sure to tell them OFTEN that you love them and show it in some way.   My best childhood friend was at Momma's funeral and we talked the entire afternoon, catching up and recalling our old "glory days" playing ball, the cars we had, the girls we had chased and all the mischief we had got into.  Before he left I impulsively hugged him and told him I loved him.  He was taken aback, but said the same to me.   He was dead a couple months later, a fast growing brain tumor.   I grieved for him like I still do my mom, but at least I let him know how I felt about him.

Before my mom went into the hospital, I was over there and got to looking at her and suddenly felt ashamed, wondering just how many of those gray hairs on her head and wrinkles on her face I had put there.    I was a good son,  never in any trouble, but I could have been a better one and I'd give up a huge JP win just to be able to go back in time and be a better son.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                              Green Bay
                              United States
                              Member #169391
                              October 15, 2015
                              1248 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2016, 6:20 am - IP Logged

Mike I lost both parents years ago and its not an easy loss to get over.  As they say time heals all wounds.

Never give up.  Banana