Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your detailed plan IF you won the jackpot PB or MG?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 2 months ago by Unluckyone.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5591 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2016, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure you know this and do it anyway, but be sure to tell them OFTEN that you love them and show it in some way.   My best childhood friend was at Momma's funeral and we talked the entire afternoon, catching up and recalling our old "glory days" playing ball, the cars we had, the girls we had chased and all the mischief we had got into.  Before he left I impulsively hugged him and told him I loved him.  He was taken aback, but said the same to me.   He was dead a couple months later, a fast growing brain tumor.   I grieved for him like I still do my mom, but at least I let him know how I felt about him.

Before my mom went into the hospital, I was over there and got to looking at her and suddenly felt ashamed, wondering just how many of those gray hairs on her head and wrinkles on her face I had put there.    I was a good son,  never in any trouble, but I could have been a better one and I'd give up a huge JP win just to be able to go back in time and be a better son.

Lost my Mom in 1997, and Dad in 2005.

I think about them every day.

Now I'm getting older, and my kids are grown. The circle of life.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5591 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2016, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Forgot my plan, LOL.

Probably find a place in the Hill Country. Little bit of acreage. The wife always wanted a log home. I really want some seclusion, but need to stay fairly close to doctors and hospitals. Getting older, and starting to have some health issues.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2657 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2016, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

plenty of most curious farm and ranch type properties

and I thank MarkP1950 for showing me that Eranches site a good while back

full of curious DIY starter places

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4105 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2016, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

How about doing something foolish with a small part of your win?

Depends on the degree of " foolishness"  Max. For instance a foolish foolishness would be out drinking with folks you just met at a bar and you go off on how you won the lottery and how you would split it 50/50 with some total stranger who ends up taking you to court for his/ her cut. Especially if you were foolish enough to write the so called  " contract" on a napkin.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
          Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1675 Posts
          Posted: October 14, 2016, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Depends on the degree of " foolishness"  Max. For instance a foolish foolishness would be out drinking with folks you just met at a bar and you go off on how you won the lottery and how you would split it 50/50 with some total stranger who ends up taking you to court for his/ her cut. Especially if you were foolish enough to write the so called  " contract" on a napkin.

The more foolish person would announce it on LP and be sued by other members for stealing their idea.  (The only safe way to announce it here is by Quick Pick.)

First, I'd take six months and search for bigfoot, ghosts, and UFOS. By then people have forgotten and I invest in a hula-hoop and comb factory, start a banana farm, and make child proof toys for cereal boxes.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1182 Posts
            Posted: October 14, 2016, 3:17 am - IP Logged

My grandmother passed in July 1996. I still miss her. I still cry. We had to have 3 different services because the church couldn't hold everyone who wanted to be there. (side note: if you can help it, never have 3 services. I think I'd rather be waterboarded or at least shot full of valium first)

Anyway, I have a theory that the void left when someone amazing dies, never gets filled, nor should it. You can love your spouse and children to bits, but there's always that piece of your heart that's for that person and her alone.

I've always wanted a part of my lottery win to fo towards starting a charity in her honor. She'd have been embarrassed to have that much attention on her, but I'd love for her legacy to touch others' lives the way it's touched mine and everyone she came in contact with.

xstreamgaming15's avatar - 41M8sCXM8YL _SY300_.jpg
              SoCal
              United States
              Member #170973
              December 25, 2015
              30 Posts
              Posted: October 14, 2016, 4:24 am - IP Logged

Well my first agenda if I won the Powerball or Mega Millions is first stay low and remain anonymous as possible after the money has settled into my bank account(s). I'd use part of my lotto winnings to help around my community. I'd like to invest at my high school and donate funds to open a judo and lacrosse programs with scholarships for future students. A couple of years ago the only movie theater in the city was torn down to build a new plaza of outlet stores so I would like to help construct a new drive-in theater in its place. I'd open a second EB games location and pay the store employees to play videogames for a youtube channel. Furthermore I'd help my younger relatives with college tuition.

United Kingdom
                Member #177679
                October 14, 2016
                1 Posts
                Posted: October 14, 2016, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Well, I've been playing PB & MM for years now and I still dream to win the jackpot with my fav. agent lottery.club. If I win by God's grcae, I would bring my whole family to a luxurious world tour, bring my grandchildren to Disney Land and buy few properties for them – after all we all want to provide our kids with the best. I would gift my son a new car and definitely build my dream house where my family can live peacefully. Last, but not the least I would keep some for donations, develop some new projects and of course party a bit as a big win need celebration… I'll keep playing lotteries until I win and encourage players like me to never give up, you never know man when luck can strike you hahaha… #fingerscrossed

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19754 Posts
                  Posted: October 14, 2016, 9:03 am - IP Logged

I would like to give more money to them TV preachers. I have sent them $25.00 here and there but i mean i would like to send them $1000.00 each or more seems like they need it because they keep asking.
                  God Bless them Blue Angel

Let it Snow Snowman

aux8b's avatar - home

United States
                    Member #57793
                    January 19, 2008
                    2323 Posts
                    Posted: October 14, 2016, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Detailed  Plan      What?  Tell NO one.    Green laugh Check Please..

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5591 Posts
                      Posted: October 14, 2016, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

I would like to give more money to them TV preachers. I have sent them $25.00 here and there but i mean i would like to send them $1000.00 each or more seems like they need it because they keep asking.
                      God Bless them Blue Angel

Someone has to help make the payments on their private jets.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                        Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1267 Posts
                        Posted: October 15, 2016, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Someone has to help make the payments on their private jets.

Yep.  Have you ever noticed they want you to give your soul to God, but make the check out to them?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1675 Posts
                          Posted: October 15, 2016, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Yep.  Have you ever noticed they want you to give your soul to God, but make the check out to them?

You guys made me reconsider. I'm sending all my extra dollars to Nigeria!

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

candle2016's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #177478
                            October 1, 2016
                            20 Posts
                            Posted: October 15, 2016, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

If I won the lottery, I would love to be anonymous. The only problem I have is that I will share the news with my spouse, who will tell everyone we know!. Is it even legal to hide the news from our spouse for that reason?

Chicago
                              United States
                              Member #171107
                              December 31, 2015
                              77 Posts
                              Posted: October 15, 2016, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

If I won any large amount , the type to live rest of life off of (To me that is 2M+). I would consult with Financial adviser before claiming and then a lawyer who specializes in lottery

Probably decide to set aside a certain amount for investment/ longterm savings , a certain amount for immediate needs (Housing/etc) and then have a chunk set aside for living off of in coming years

Wouldn't go crazy but a nice house would probably be my personal priority along with helping my parents/siblings financially (As much as I could within financial framework of what I work out for future)