Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Marie Holmes / Iyanla "Fix My Life" / Sat Oct 22, 2016

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 1 month ago by Redd55.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
South Carolina
United States
Member #18322
July 9, 2005
1704 Posts
Posted: October 19, 2016, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

If that's the premise I highly doubt people will be fascinated to learn about her and "Hot Sauce".

This is the NATURE of the show, Iyanla "Fix My Life".  It is a THERAPY Show.  Many people watch Iyanla, b/c they are interested in this type of show [just like Dr. Phil].

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
    Member #176419
    August 4, 2016
    111 Posts
    Posted: October 19, 2016, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Hope she listens to the advice they give her. All the help in the world won't do anything if she refuses to stick to her old beliefs.

United States
      Member #164725
      March 12, 2015
      341 Posts
      Posted: October 19, 2016, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Hope she listens to the advice they give her. All the help in the world won't do anything if she refuses to stick to her old beliefs.

Marie was a very nice looking woman. In that video she looks horrible. Can that really be her with that awful wig on?

Florida
        United States
        Member #171219
        January 3, 2016
        95 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2016, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Marie was a very nice looking woman. In that video she looks horrible. Can that really be her with that awful wig on?

She can probably afford a few wigs / weaves / whatever. She is rich (as of now)! Have you seen some of the horrible haircuts rich people have?

http://65.media.tumblr.com/89c4bf04d88bcaf03be256c1239f952c/tumblr_nkdxhraK9B1tbdjc4o2_500.jpg

//lp.vg/images/space.gif

I would post a picture of a certain presidential candidate, but that would attract trolls like a magnet, and the last thing I would want is to turn this forum into that dreadful British Columbia election betting forum!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
          Member #142499
          May 13, 2013
          1182 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the clip. I like Iyanla's tough love approach. Marie needs someone to help her put a stop to her self destructive tendencies. She's acting as if she doesn't think she deserves better for herself. 

Was reading an article on BBC and came across a term (occupation) I'd never heard before: Financial Therapist

Apparently they counsel people who make bad financial decisions because of underlying emotional issues. I'm guessing they exist for people like Marie.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
            Happy California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1509 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2016, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the clip. I like Iyanla's tough love approach. Marie needs someone to help her put a stop to her self destructive tendencies. She's acting as if she doesn't think she deserves better for herself. 

Was reading an article on BBC and came across a term (occupation) I'd never heard before: Financial Therapist

Apparently they counsel people who make bad financial decisions because of underlying emotional issues. I'm guessing they exist for people like Marie.

I Agree!  A lottery winner is different than another wealthy person who has accumulated wealth over a life- time. All the emotions inside a winner have to be dealt with immediately. A winner must slow down their life.

You are no longer in the rat race. The problem with being in the rat race is that you are still a rat after you win.

A winner will have so many emotions rising up. These could cause problems if not handled properly.

Some winners have medicated themselves with alcohol, drugs, and strip joints. Dance

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
              Member #65961
              October 11, 2008
              162 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2016, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I dont think it will be about her and HotSauce. They appear pretty tight. It may be about people suing her, claiming that she promised them money from her jackpot.

Hi Redd55!

Based on the clips that I found on-line, it is about Marie and Hot Sauce (Iyanla even has a one-on-one with him).

Iyanla addresses the lottery and why Marie continues to makes the choices that she makes....

I have a feeling that there will be a lot said that many people (lottery winners or not) can learn from.

I plan to watch.

United States
                Member #164725
                March 12, 2015
                341 Posts
                Posted: October 21, 2016, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi Redd55!

Based on the clips that I found on-line, it is about Marie and Hot Sauce (Iyanla even has a one-on-one with him).

Iyanla addresses the lottery and why Marie continues to makes the choices that she makes....

I have a feeling that there will be a lot said that many people (lottery winners or not) can learn from.

I plan to watch.

Hot Sauce began serving his prison sentence April 6, 2016.  He is out of the picture for the next 7 1/2 to 10 years.  I doubt even Marie is going to wait around that long for him. 

LA Ca.
                  United States
                  Member #172750
                  February 3, 2016
                  88 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2016, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Good grief, I think I've stepped on things with a higher IQ than these two specimens.

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                    Member #164603
                    March 8, 2015
                    604 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2016, 12:42 am - IP Logged

I'm watching it right now. This show is weird. Iyanla rocking/cradling a grown Marie. Too many truism and clichés for me.

Nolege is power.

Germany
                      Member #164603
                      March 8, 2015
                      604 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2016, 12:59 am - IP Logged

And now they claimed Marie's mom picked the numbers to represent Maries's kids. But the ticket shows the 5 lines were QPs.LOL

Nolege is power.

South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #18322
                        July 9, 2005
                        1704 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2016, 1:19 am - IP Logged

I'm watching it right now. This show is weird. Iyanla rocking/cradling a grown Marie. Too many truism and clichés for me.

The woman is depressed by the emotional and psychological burden that she has been carrying for years, since she was a child.   She felt abandoned by her drug dealing father, and abused by her mother who used inappropriate physical punishment [always slapping her in the face] to discipline her.  Marie needed a hug from IyanlaMarie is NOT psychologically a grown woman.  As far as Truisms are concerned, ... that is the nature of this type of show.  The therapy was not cliche. The therapy was a Self Awareness Reality Check, that apparently neither Marie nor her Mother nor Lamar ever did the appropriate Soul Searching to connect the dots, to discover the "truth" behind the misery in their lives. 

Marie has left her home in North Carolina, and is living with her children in an undisclosed location [perhaps in Seattle where she brought a home for her mother, who is caring for Marie's 4 children there]. 

Now, unless Marie appears on Dr. Phil next, I think we can lay the topic of Marie Holmes to rest for a while [R.I.P.].  Marie's best option would be to pursue private counseling with a good therapist, and stay out of the spotlight for a while, until she gets her head on straight, and gets her life in order.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                          Happy California
                          United States
                          Member #157856
                          August 2, 2014
                          1509 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2016, 1:41 am - IP Logged

The woman is depressed by the emotional and psychological burden that she has been carrying for years, since she was a child.   She felt abandoned by her drug dealing father, and abused by her mother who used inappropriate physical punishment [always slapping her in the face] to discipline her.  Marie needed a hug from IyanlaMarie is NOT psychologically a grown woman.  As far as Truisms are concerned, ... that is the nature of this type of show.  The therapy was not cliche. The therapy was a Self Awareness Reality Check, that apparently neither Marie nor her Mother nor Lamar ever did the appropriate Soul Searching to connect the dots, to discover the "truth" behind the misery in their lives. 

Marie has left her home in North Carolina, and is living with her children in an undisclosed location [perhaps in Seattle where she brought a home for her mother, who is caring for Marie's 4 children there]. 

Now, unless Marie appears on Dr. Phil next, I think we can lay the topic of Marie Holmes to rest for a while [R.I.P.].  Marie's best option would be to pursue private counseling with a good therapist, and stay out of the spotlight for a while, until she gets her head on straight, and gets her life in order.

I Agree! Good advice and well taken. US Flag

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Germany
                            Member #164603
                            March 8, 2015
                            604 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2016, 2:35 am - IP Logged

Iyanla didn't merely give her a hug, she rocked and cradled her on TV, that is exploitative.

While she has trauma and issues she is still a grown woman, infantilizing her is harmful, as it legitimizes her bad choices.

The truisms a la "Be a witness to your own pain" don't serve a purpose, there was no therapy on this show. Therapy (which I agree she would benefit from but didn't receive on this show) happens in a respectful manner behind closed doors, not in fabricated reality settings.

She now has enough time to decide what to do, as her partner (who has also been having sex with her cousin!) won't be out for 7 years.

She should think about why she as a black woman bought a plantation.

What do you think is the reason the pool was dirty and the house was a mess? Why did they lie and pretend her mom picked the numbers to represent the kids when it was a QP?

Nolege is power.

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
                              Member #176419
                              August 4, 2016
                              111 Posts
                              Posted: October 24, 2016, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Judging by the lack of response that not too many watched the show. I didn't watch it either but was merely curious as to what others thought?