Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2017 PA Millionaire Raffle With Six EARLY BIRD Drawings!

17 replies. Last post 2 days ago by GiveFive.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3702 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2016, 4:55 am - IP Logged

The PA Lottery started selling New Years Millionaire Raffle tickets on 11/8/16 for a January 7, 2017 drawing...

This year they've introduced six "Early Bird" bonus drawings for $50,000.  For instance if you buy a ticket between 11/8/16 and 11/14/16, your ticket(s) number will be entered into a bonus drawing for three prizes of $50,000.  If you win one of the three prizes, sign the ticket, go to the nearest PA Lottery Office, you'll receive a check for $50,000, and your ticket will be returned to you to be entered in the million dollar drawing to be held on 1/7/2017.  The last bonus drawing is set for tickets purchased between 12/13/16 and 12/19/16. Only ticket numbers purchased between one of the specified date ranges qualify for a $50,000 bonus drawing.  In other words, if you bought your ticket today (11/10/16) it will only be eligible for the 11/8/16 to 11/14 bonus drawing.  I'm guessing that the bonus drawing would be held on 11/15/16. 

Glad to see The Millionaire raffle is back. I kind of thought there was not going to be one!  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
    Member #93164
    June 23, 2010
    1322 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2016, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Good luck to the participants. I hope they win.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3702 Posts
      Posted: November 10, 2016, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I've already jumped on The Early Bird!!

I bought two tickets today... they were in the 18,6XX range.  So as you can see, ticket sales have been about 6,000 per day since last Tuesday when tickets first went on sale.  That's a high  number of ticket sales given that it's very early in the sales cycle. (It's about 3 times the usual rate per day) Usually at this point in the cycle, we've seen a number of approximately 2,000 tickets sold per day.  That would  translate into about 6,000 tickets sold in the first three days. 

If they keep selling at the current pace, 84,000 could be sold by 11/18/16.  That means the odds of winning $50,000 in the first Early Bird bonus drawing is 1 in 84,000.  Pretty good odds to score a 50 grand win.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3702 Posts
        Posted: November 10, 2016, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I've already jumped on The Early Bird!!

I bought two tickets today... they were in the 18,6XX range.  So as you can see, ticket sales have been about 6,000 per day since last Tuesday when tickets first went on sale.  That's a high  number of ticket sales given that it's very early in the sales cycle. (It's about 3 times the usual rate per day) Usually at this point in the cycle, we've seen a number of approximately 2,000 tickets sold per day.  That would  translate into about 6,000 tickets sold in the first three days. 

If they keep selling at the current pace, 84,000 could be sold by 11/18/16.  That means the odds of winning $50,000 in the first Early Bird bonus drawing is 1 in 84,000.  Pretty good odds to score a 50 grand win.  G5

I should point out that because there are THREE ticket numbers drawn in each Early Bird drawing, if they sell 84,000 for the first drawing, then the odds are not 84,000 to 1, they are 28,000 to 1. 

You ever seen odds that low to win 50 grand????  Me either.  G5

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3702 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2016, 6:19 am - IP Logged

Bumping this topic up to the top of the page.  G5

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3702 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2016, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I cant be the only guy here at The LP that is playing The PA Millionaire Raffle..... Can I????

They had the first "Early Bird" drawing today,  haven't seen results for it yet on The PA Lottery website.  G5

PS It's da oily boid dat gets da woim!

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3702 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2016, 5:33 am - IP Logged

Bump

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3702 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2016, 7:02 am - IP Logged

I cant believe no one is posting ticket numbers for the PA New Years Millionaire Raffle!  There's already been two Early Bird drawings too!  I'll be going over to PA late this week to buy tickets for the pool I run.  I'll post the range the numbers fell in after I've returned.  G5

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4526 Posts
                  Posted: November 22, 2016, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Good luck! Hope you are an early bird winner.

Odds do seem enticing. 

Tip: jump in front of the person buying milk or gas ;)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3702 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2016, 7:15 am - IP Logged

Good luck! Hope you are an early bird winner.

Odds do seem enticing. 

Tip: jump in front of the person buying milk or gas ;)

Yeah, it's the odds that get me every time!  G5

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3702 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2016, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Picked up my pool's tickets this afternoon at about 3 PM.  They're in the 1034xx range.

They must have been selling pretty good on this Black Friday.  The 1st ticket was printed at 15:01 and the last was printed at 15:05. (I went to two different stores to buy a total of seven tickets) and the difference between the 1st number and the last number is 47.  G5 

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3702 Posts
                        Posted: November 28, 2016, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I found some info on The PA Lottery's website with regard to the number of tickets sold for the first and second Early Bird drawings.  For the first drawing they sold 42,322 tickets which made the odds of winning $50,000 42,322 to 1.  For the second Early Bird drawing they sold 39,513 tickets which made the odds 39,513 to1.  Not too bad odds to win 50 grand.  G5 

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3702 Posts
                          Posted: December 1, 2016, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow The Mrs G5 has to go to Port Jervis, New York for the day on business. 

"So what!" you say?  You must not have passed geography in high school, because if you had passed it, then you'd know that Port Jervis borders on a town in Pennsylvania.  Matamoras, PA to be exact.  Bet you can guess what I'm gonna do.  Tonite I gave her 60 bucks to buy me three Holiday Millionaire Raffle tickets.  I'll post numbers tomorrow nite after she gets home.  G5 

Eastern PA
                            United States
                            Member #174955
                            May 21, 2016
                            9 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2016, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow The Mrs G5 has to go to Port Jervis, New York for the day on business. 

"So what!" you say?  You must not have passed geography in high school, because if you had passed it, then you'd know that Port Jervis borders on a town in Pennsylvania.  Matamoras, PA to be exact.  Bet you can guess what I'm gonna do.  Tonite I gave her 60 bucks to buy me three Holiday Millionaire Raffle tickets.  I'll post numbers tomorrow nite after she gets home.  G5 

I play Millionaire Raffle too! I have 3...I try to buy one a week. I have numbers.....4xxx, 97xxx, 135xxx. No early bird drawing was remotely close to me. I'll keep trying! 

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3702 Posts
                              Posted: December 2, 2016, 7:17 am - IP Logged

I play Millionaire Raffle too! I have 3...I try to buy one a week. I have numbers.....4xxx, 97xxx, 135xxx. No early bird drawing was remotely close to me. I'll keep trying! 

Hang in there Scratcher!!  You aint dead yet!  I haven't been remotely close in the Early Birds either. 

You might be interested to know that in the previous years that PA has offered the millionaire raffle, there has always been a HUGE rush to buy tickets about a week before the drawing.  Ticket sales (per day) go from about 2,000,   to 8,000 to 10,000 per day.  Now that in and of itself doesn't mean very much, but if you took a look at the top prize winning ticket numbers, you'd have seen that about 3 of the 4 top prize winners were purchased during that last minute rush.  And that has happened in multiple years, it's not just a "one time thing".  Connecticut used to offer a millionaire raffle too, and the same thing happened in Connecticut - big last minute rush to buy tickets a week before the drawing, and the winner was usually bought during that rush.  Hard to believe but it's true. That's all been thoroughly discussed here at The Lottery Post in previous years threads about PA's millionaire raffle. 

After today, I'll have a total of five tickets that I bought for myself.  I also run a pool at work with seven other guys in it.  We buy a total of 16 raffle tickets.  I buy 8 of them early on, and then I wait until about a week before the drawing, and then drive over to PA (I'm located in New York about a 45 minute drive from  PA) to buy eight more. So this year I'll have a total of 84 shots at winning one of the million dollar prizes.  Of course, if a ticket from my pool wins, then I'll have to split it eight ways with the other guys.  G5