Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 10:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do you play the lottery games?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 14 years ago by suger as spice.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
Queens, NY
United States
Member #245
April 15, 2002
451 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2003, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

A few of ya know i spend a minium of $3000 a week on the GA lottery, all cash3,,,,,with the exception of 2 losing weeks in March .......i am $5850 in the black....NOW THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT WITH A CAPITAL E !!!

Billy-loco
You spent up till this time 45thousand bucks to win 5, 850 doesn't seem like good odds to me.

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: April 26, 2003, 3:07 am - IP Logged

$5850 on $45000 is +13% so for which could be +45% apr by the end of the year.  I'm only getting 2.7% on my CD's.  I just may have to take a better look at the pick3 games.  I've been playing the jackpot games and I'm in the red.

RJOh 

Pick 3 Fairy's avatar - faery
      Texas
      United States
      Member #44
      November 15, 2001
      3839 Posts
      Posted: April 26, 2003, 6:40 am - IP Logged

billy-loco said he was $5850 in the black, he didn't say that is all he had won.  As long as you stay ahead of the game, it doesn't matter what you win. 

By the way billy, would you consider an older woman, a new Harley and a few extra bucks?

The Fairy

Buford, GA
        United States
        Member #1215
        March 3, 2003
        433 Posts
        Posted: April 26, 2003, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

hey Mega....a $1 n d black beats hell outa a $1n d red  LOL .... and i been n d red untill November last year!! it sucked  LOL

hey RJOH ... i am aware of that % and think exactly as u...

Pick 3 Fairy...i just got my new Harley Fri afternoon, i gots a leetle jingle too, i also gots a older "hottie" (miss Theresa) older ladies just don't demand alot from u as most younger women  LOL

billyloco

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19900 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2003, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Believe it or not, there are lottery players out there that play to support their local schools.  Check this out.
           http://news.tbo.com/news/MGA5AJHA6FD.html

RJOh

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23351 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2003, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I saw that story this morning but I passed on it.  Maybe should have posted it in hindsight.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
              Member #567
              August 14, 2002
              485 Posts
              Posted: May 14, 2003, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I think that it depends.

A lot of people who are retired will play the lottery in order to give winnings to their children and their grandchildren. 

OR

If you absolutely love what you do, then you are not as likely to play.  I know friends who are in professional school and have been trying to get into their chosen profession since college, and they usually don't even bother to buy lottery tickets.  One of my best friends even told me to stop buying lottery tickets.  I know people who love their jobs and careers so much that they usually don't even mention anything about lottery.  I think that they probably would rather keep their lives the way they are than undergo such a momentous life change of winning a lottery.  The person who won the Powerball on Christmas was already a millionaire, and he gave some of the money to churches and he set up a website to accept donation requests.  I read this book called the Millionaire Next Door, and it said that in order to become a millionaire,  you have to absolutely love what you do.  So, of course, if Mr. Whittaker is already the CEO of three construction companies, he must have developed an inherent passion for his career.  I think that he wanted to win the lottery, so he could help people and the churches with his winnings.  I think that his deeds are very noble as well as great.  And most importantly, they are all doing what they want to do, so of course, they wouldn't care to play unless when the jackpot gets really high.  But if you don't like your job or you want to do something else with your life, then winning that $10 million jackpot would sure help.  In my opinion, that's why a lot of lottery winners used to work at factories or clerical jobs for someone else.  I work at a forensic firm for my father, and believe me, if I ever won it, I would leave town before sunrise.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

suger as spice's avatar - disney09

United States
                Member #1245
                March 9, 2003
                36 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2003, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

i play it because its fun but i try to win i always have a bad luck with it sometimes i also lose alot of my money on it the lottery and cant get my whole thousand dollars back that i play with the lottery  last few years back and right now of this year 2003.