Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Beating The Lottery

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 13 years ago by lottoscorp.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Are we close to finding a way?

Yes, definitely. [ 9 ]  [18.37%]
No [ 23 ]  [46.94%]
Maybe [ 9 ]  [18.37%]
Who really cares /in for the fun [ 8 ]  [16.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 49 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Calscorp's avatar - dnk st
Bakersfield
United States
Member #1568
May 24, 2003
421 Posts
Posted: July 18, 2003, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Everett

I did find a date for the beginning of Superlottoplus in Ca. 6/7/2000.  Actually, all I had to do was go into Lottopro and look for the very first draw date.

Thanks for the link for the Newsletter Archives. I did go in and check it out. Interesting stuff there.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19891 Posts
    Posted: July 18, 2003, 10:07 am - IP Logged

To Littleoldlady,

The samething happen a few year ago in Chicago befor Illionios had the BigGame, a bartender would go up to Wisconsin to pick up Powerball tickets for his friend and customers.  One of the ticket he picked up was worth nearly $200M and the friend told him he would make the trip worth his troulbe.  It seem the he thought his trouble should have been worth $1M each for him and his wife and his friend thought $10K was plenty for both of them and they ended up in court.  There was a case in Alabama where a guy drove to Georgia ever week and bought ticket for the BigGame(Megamillions) and tipped the waitesses at a near-by cafe with some of those lottery tickets expecting if any of them ever hit big they would share the winnings with the whole crew and buy him a new pickup, but when one the waitess won $17M, she didn't remember him or working at the cafe.  He tried to go to court, but the state of Alabama said playing the lottery was illegal and he was on his own.  When it comes to sharing the cost of a cup of coffe or a drink, everybody is a friend, when comes to sharing a lottery jackpot, you don't have any friends.

RJOh

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
      Clarksville
      United States
      Member #487
      July 15, 2002
      17638 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2003, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

That is so true.  I remember about the waitress story.  that was in the news.  She never did get that guy a pick-up either.  She kept the whole thing for herself.  That is why when I play with anyone else, I USE A CONTRACT!  It is always better to work that way because if you are playing even among friends, the human condition of "greed" can get in the way.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        12004 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2003, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I cant remember all of it but wasnt there a man that had won the lottery..and his brother put a contrtact out oh him cause he wouldn't share his winnings with him...I could swear i saw this on a Oprah show some years ago when she had lottery winners on.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
          light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: July 19, 2003, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

FJA,

you are correct although i cannot remember the details.

i have a brother who is less than "trustworthy".  he is the black sheep of the family.  although i don't think he would get the soprano's after me,  he probably would come after a "chunk".

that's why i personally preach anonymity...

VDQPLS

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

midwstrngirl's avatar - hair

United States
            Member #1529
            May 18, 2003
            74 Posts
            Posted: July 19, 2003, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

black sheep have a way of multiplying when there is alot of money involved...i agree with the low profile strategy

"It is an old maxim of mine, that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. "

"I presume nothing. I imagine nothing. Data! Data! Data! I can't make bricks without clay. "

Sherlock Holmes, The Sign of Four

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2003, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by fja on July 19, 2003

I cant remember all of it but wasnt there a man that had won the lottery..and his brother put a contrtact out oh him cause he wouldn't share his winnings with him...I could swear i saw this on a Oprah show some years ago when she had lottery winners on.

It was right here in PA... the guy won 16 million, now he's broke from bad investments and family coming out of the woodwork looking to have him fund business ventures he never seen a profit on.

some more bad winner's stories...

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2001/08/25/loc_winning_big_isnt.html

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
                Member #60
                October 28, 2001
                455 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2003, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I