Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gun Raffles

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 13 years ago by luckycat.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
light on my feet
United States
Member #356
May 20, 2002
2744 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2003, 10:21 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by visiondude on October 11, 2003

just kidding. not into the gun thing.  just recently sold my only gun (a  .357 magnum) to the pawnshop.

itsnotthesizeofthevisionthatcountsbuthowthemanwieldsit

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Dowser's avatar - pendule

United States
    Member #947
    December 24, 2002
    95 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2003, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

No luckcat...I don't profit and if you read any of the above above you will see I have not advertised anything. I was just interested to see if anyone else enjoyed the gun raffles like I do....just making conversation like anyone else on here...I thought. Most of these lotteries are based on a state lottery drawing so I consider it related. But for some reason you decided I need to feed the poor instead of by raffle tickets...what is that all about?

Most of these drawings benefit a local fire department or something similar. No, their members do not get paid to sell the tickets either and the money goes to a good cause. So I will advertise that below.

Here is a link to a ticket I purchased today, it benefits a International Association of Fire Fighters Local in Cumberland, Maryland. That is a small, 65 person, paid department. It looks like a FUN THING TO DO to me for a $100.00 bucks. Trucks, 4 wheelers, boats, campers, trips, and 56 firearms...and all the beer you can drink...what a deal. I ordered my ticket on line. I know where I will be on August 7, 2004...THE SPORTSMAN"S BASH, check it out:

http://www.iafflocal1715.com/

ps:

Please tell me where all these hungry people are. ... ..please cite sources of information instead your warm fuzzy feel good babble about all these hungry people. I believe you may have been misinformed by the left leaning liberal media.

Hunger in America is not as big a problem as obesity is, hunger overseas...yes that is a big problem....especially in Africa....(jeeze and not to mention the dang flies).

And, I am not saying that food banks and soup kitchens are not needed as a safety net. I donate to them and other causes. I have repaired houses for the poor in the Xmas in April Program for many years....although I won't do it anymore...and believe me, I never saw a house without food.

I am saying that I just don't think that many poor people are going to bed hungry and I cited evidence of that above. If kids are going to bed hungry, I would think that the problem is parental neglect, not lack of food.

How ya like me now?

best wishes, Dowser

PPS: dvdiva, please don't stun me with that thing, even though I deserve it...hehe ;)

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8364 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2003, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I won a gun raffle a rifle 50 cal muzzleloader from a factory that burned down. It was a 250 dollar rifle. Ticket cost 20 bucks for charity. I ended up trading it for a shotgun since I was not into muzzleloaders. The gun is now worth a lot more then I got for it. So I would say depending on what type of gun it is or whether or not you need a gun/rifle. If that's your thing go for it you just might be the winner, or not.

luckycat's avatar - animaniacs24

United States
        Member #1687
        June 16, 2003
        1047 Posts
        Posted: October 14, 2003, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

DOWSER:

You are so

luckycat        >>>>>>>    purr-purr--purrfect                           

Dowser's avatar - pendule

United States
          Member #947
          December 24, 2002
          95 Posts
          Posted: October 15, 2003, 5:55 am - IP Logged

Luckycat...listen...at the Fireman's Bash all prizes are given away. If an unsold number is pulled, it is thrown out and another number is pulled. The others that I have are just like the lottery...your number has to hit to win.   

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23274 Posts
            Posted: October 15, 2003, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Dowser:  man of a thousand avatars.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

luckycat's avatar - animaniacs24

United States
              Member #1687
              June 16, 2003
              1047 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2003, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

dowser:

you are so wrong. guess you need a building to fall on you.to see the light.    it has been explained to you/ you just refuse to believe it.

you can lead a horse to water/ but you can't make him drink.

I have done my part to explain/ and warn of the type of so called ticket raffles.      but I cant make you drink, the water.

guess you learn the hard way,    best wishes

luckycat        >>>>>>>    purr-purr--purrfect