Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online lotteries in Brazil

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Avatar
New Member

Norway
Member #5537
July 10, 2004
12 Posts
Offline
Posted: July 10, 2004, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I was wond

    Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: July 10, 2004, 11:33 am - IP Logged

    Really?  Which online gaming company are you playing with?

     

    Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

     

    Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

      Avatar
      New Member

      Norway
      Member #5537
      July 10, 2004
      12 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: July 10, 2004, 11:41 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Todd on July 10, 2004


      Really?  Which online gaming company are you playing with?



      Hi,

      I'm playing with World Games Inc., which cooperates with the bookmaker Victor Chandler for the betting services.

        BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3102 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: July 10, 2004, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

        I wouldn't advise playing third world lotteries whose language you don't understand, who's security, currency and banking is questionable, you might as well reply to those Nigerian scam letters. 

        No offense to my friends in Brazil, but China just had a big lottery scandle and they regulate everything, Brazil - half the spam I recieve comes from there like a river of crime.

        At first those 25/50 and 50/99 games sound real interesting and easy to win, but you'll soon find them not only just as hard or harder to win then normal games, they're harder to work with as well.  No commercial or easily available lottery software will work with it.   

        What's the point of winning if you might never collect?  At least when you play a game in Europe, the US, Australia, once you win the hard part is over.

        BobP
         

          Avatar
          New Member

          Norway
          Member #5537
          July 10, 2004
          12 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: July 10, 2004, 2:21 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by BobP on July 10, 2004



          I wouldn't advise playing third world lotteries whose language you don't understand, who's security, currency and banking is questionable, you might as well reply to those Nigerian scam letters. 

          No offense to my friends in Brazil, but China just had a big lottery scandle and they regulate everything, Brazil - half the spam I recieve comes from there like a river of crime.

          At first those 25/50 and 50/99 games sound real interesting and easy to win, but you'll soon find them not only just as hard or harder to win then normal games, they're harder to work with as well.  No commercial or easily available lottery software will work with it.   

          What's the point of winning if you might never collect?  At least when you play a game in Europe, the US, Australia, once you win the hard part is over.

          BobP
           





          Well, I don't exactly see what you mean, but I'm not talking about "third world" lotteries. You should of course avoid those "Nigerian letters" and SPAM mails. What I've heard, there has been some issues regarding the lottery activity down there, and the government has decided to hand over the national lottery to a global distributor, which in this case is World Games Inc. Making it the official online gaming company in Brazil, including all federal states. I just wanted to hear if there has been some talking about the "release of a new lottery" in Brazil nowadays. In that case I'm interested in Brazilian contacts, in the light of my relation to World Games Inc. Feel free to PM me for further details.

            BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Offline
            Posted: July 10, 2004, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

            You're losing me, Victor Chandler doesn't handle lottery and world games inc dot com is a pay to play fantasy stock market scheme with an inhouse lotto.

            BobP

              Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: July 10, 2004, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

              slampen,

              What is the Web site URL?  I'd like to check it out.

               

              Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

               

              Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

                Avatar
                New Member

                Norway
                Member #5537
                July 10, 2004
                12 Posts
                Offline
                Posted: July 10, 2004, 6:33 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Todd on July 10, 2004



                slampen,

                What is the Web site URL?  I'd like to check it out.




                You find some basic information on http://www.worldgamesinc.com, but you need to be a member to access the products.
                  Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Offline
                  Posted: July 10, 2004, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

                  Thanks for the link.

                  BobP is right: that is not an official government lottery, it is a private Internet lottery.

                  Almost without exception, I advise people to stay away from those, because they are accountable to no one other than their personal bank accounts.  In other words, if you think government lotteries have the potential for corruption, that potential for corruption would be ten-fold for private lotteries.

                  Now, I believe your original question was about their signing an agreement with the Brazilian government.  I have no information about an agreement, and I can't dig anything up on it.  Do you have a source for this information?

                  If such an agreement exists, I would have to examine the basis of the agreement in order to give you an opinion.  But as of right now, I would advise against participating with that Web site (World Games), based on the fact that they only offer private Internet lotteries.

                   

                  Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

                   

                  Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

                    Avatar
                    New Member

                    Norway
                    Member #5537
                    July 10, 2004
                    12 Posts
                    Offline
                    Posted: July 11, 2004, 5:34 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by Todd on July 10, 2004



                    Thanks for the link.

                    BobP is right: that is not an official government lottery, it is a private Internet lottery.

                    Almost without exception, I advise people to stay away from those, because they are accountable to no one other than their personal bank accounts.  In other words, if you think government lotteries have the potential for corruption, that potential for corruption would be ten-fold for private lotteries.

                    Now, I believe your original question was about their signing an agreement with the Brazilian government.  I have no information about an agreement, and I can't dig anything up on it.  Do you have a source for this information?

                    If such an agreement exists, I would have to examine the basis of the agreement in order to give you an opinion.  But as of right now, I would advise against participating with that Web site (World Games), based on the fact that they only offer private Internet lotteries.





                    Hi,

                    That's right. I never ment they ARE a government lottery today, but my sources, which unfortunately is Norwegians, confirm that it's going to be the official online gaming/gambling company in Brazil - launching in August. I agree with you; I don't think this could ever happend to a regular private lottery, but by contributing to culture like sports etc. it's a bit different. Each year, some percent of the lottery sales is also donated to charities. In fact, the company aim, ideally, "to donate 50% of the company's profits to charitable organizations of which 75% would go to children's charities." -as stated by World Games Inc. chairman, Greg Kennedy, in a weekly newsflash to members.

                      BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                      Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3102 Posts
                      Offline
                      Posted: July 11, 2004, 11:17 pm - IP Logged
                      The Australian government calls it a pyramid scheme . . .


                      "The ACCC allege that the internet gaming scheme at www.worldgamesinc.con is a pyramid selling or referral selling scheme, and that the services offered to the scheme by WPS constitute participation in a pyramid scheme or referral selling. The ACCC also alleges that Mr Kennedy is knowingly concerned in this conduct."

                      Their claim to be connected to Plus Lotto and Planet Lotto is stated in a funny way that could mean they are little more then fancy affiliates, they do run an inhouse lottery that is part of the fantasy stock market game system.

                      "World Games Inc offers different lottery and gaming products to its members* provided by the International Lottery in Liechtenstein Foundation. A percentage of all lottery sales are donated to local and international charities."

                      Here is a long thread of people talking about where the money comes from the wgi members win or lose.  Draw your own conclusions . . .

                      http://www.casinomeister.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4465

                      BobP


                        Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23260 Posts
                        Offline
                        Posted: July 12, 2004, 12:24 am - IP Logged

                        Excellent job BobP!

                         

                        Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

                         

                        Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

                          Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23260 Posts
                          Offline
                          Posted: July 12, 2004, 8:10 am - IP Logged

                          slampen,

                          According

                           

                          Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

                           

                          Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

                            Avatar
                            New Member

                            Norway
                            Member #5537
                            July 10, 2004
                            12 Posts
                            Offline
                            Posted: July 12, 2004, 10:41 am - IP Logged

                            As regards to this "Virtual World Direct" I don't know, maybe that's a pyramid scheme - haven't heard of it before. The text you refer to above come from an e-mail sent out from Sergeant Karen Suchar of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, as a personal scare campaign against WGI members and others. The truth is that there has not yet been even a trial in respect of this matter.

                            The following article might be of interest, sent out by WGI Press Enquiries after some concerns among members:
                            http://map-second.makeaprofit.info/NR/rdonlyres/6A3FD27E-725A-4582-8017-0796BB19F57C/0/WGIresponsereRCMPenquiries.doc

                            Read it, and think for your self. In our country we have a "golden rule" saying; "innocent until proven guilty", and until the results of the trial are ready, WGI is fully legal - also in Canada. And I will be surprised if they doesn't get acquit.

                              Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Offline
                              Posted: July 12, 2004, 10:59 am - IP Logged

                              I did not say that the trial has been ruled on yet.  I said they are scheduled for trial.  We will see if they come back guilty or not.

                              I think it's a bit early to say that WGI is "fully legal" in Canada.  Are you a lawyer?

                              In the States, we also have a saying: "there's a sucker born every minute." (P.T. Barnum)

                               

                              Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

                               

                              Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!