Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone collect scratch tickets?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 12 years ago by lotologist861.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Waltham, Ma.
United States
Member #5658
July 15, 2004
14 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2004, 4:53 am - IP Logged

Slotplayer:

The "GLP" (gauranteed lowest payback) is the same on today's ten dollar tickets as it has been since the first ten dollar ticket which was introduced in Mass. in 1999. The only difference from then to now, is the number of tickets produced for each game has gotten progressively larger. You pay 1,000.00 for a book of 100 tickets. and you WILL get back at LEAST 565.00 there will be ten 10.00 winners, five 15.00 winners, eight 20.00 winners, two 40.00 winners, one 50.00, and one 100.00. totalling 27 winning tickets. This is the exact payback on the "average" ten dollar book. approx. one out of ten books will have a bigger winner in it, and it may be in addition to the other 27 winners, or it could take the place of one of the lower prizes.

It does seem sometimes, like nobody is winning, but look at how many open games there are at the same time!! as well as how many open books of the SAME game at the same store. with so many choices, unless you are there for a long time, you won't see too many winners.

Jim

Member # 861 of the Global Lottery Collectors Society. HTTP://www.lotterycollectors.com

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2004, 2:28 am - IP Logged

at my old work, we had a guy who would buy 3 books a week of "Grand-A-Day Holiday" tickets, looking for the final top prize. he never found it, but each book would have $185 in winners. I think that's the standard in PA.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
      Member #7962
      October 19, 2004
      27 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2004, 9:01 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on November 01, 2004

at my old work, we had a guy who would buy 3 books a week of "Grand-A-Day Holiday" tickets, looking for the final top prize. he never found it, but each book would have $185 in winners. I think that's the standard in PA.

That's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Chasing tickets is not the way to win and some stores here in MA are supposed to pull a ticket and they don't, so a person could be chasing a ticket that is off the market. Two recent $2 tickets come to mind, 7 or 11 and Money Bags. As a general rule, when there is only 1 top prize left in a ticket run I stop buying it. Also I usually don't buy tickets loooking for the top prize, if I happen to hit it great.

Aproximately, 40,320,000 tickets are printed on a typical run of a MA $2 tickets and each book contains 300 tickets. So that is about 134,400 books and there is usually 40 top prizes in a $2 ticket. So unless all 134k books are in circulation at once, theoretically, all 40 top prizes could still be in lottery distribution head quarters or in the case of 1 remaining top prize it could be in a store or instant ticket machine at the other end of the state.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2004, 1:41 am - IP Logged

could be. in PA, the big winners are usually closer to harrisburg. unfortunately, there are prize chasers out there, and they will spend pretty much any amount of money in order to win a bigger amount of money.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
          USA
          United States
          Member #8242
          October 29, 2004
          1133 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2004, 9:17 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by lotologist861 on July 15, 2004

Hi, my name is jim casey, and I collect Scratch tickets from all over the U.S. and I am looking for other traders of tickets, or even sellers of certain tickets, to do business with.

Do you just collect them? How much are you offering? hehe
            Waltham, Ma.
            United States
            Member #5658
            July 15, 2004
            14 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2004, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Hi Maverick,

I mostly collect. but do buy and sell from time to time. what did you have in mind? drop me an email at: yellow1@ix.netcom.com