Michigan Lottery players will have a chance at a daily jackpot of at least $100,000 with Fantasy 5, a new daily game that debuts on September 12.
With Fantasy 5, players select five numbers from a field of 39. A match of all five numbers wins the jackpot, which will start at $100,000. If there is no winner, the jackpot grows by $5,000 per day until it is won. Average jackpots are expected to be $155,000.
In addition to the jackpot, players who match four numbers are guaranteed $100; three numbers guarantee $10; and two numbers guarantee $1.
"We call this game our mini-lotto," said Lottery Commissioner Gary Peters. "The great thing about it is that the jackpot will continue to roll over until it is won, and because other prize amounts are guaranteed, there will always be winners!"
Fantasy 5 tickets are $1 each, and players can play up to five games on each playslip. Players can select numbers themselves, or use the "easy pick" option. Fantasy 5's overall odds are one in nine.
Fantasy 5 is replacing Rolldown, which has been in play since early 2000. With Rolldown, average jackpots over the last year were only $11,100, and additional match prizes varied. The last Rolldown drawing will be September 11.
All net revenues from the sales of Michigan Lottery tickets go directly to the state's School Aid Fund, which supports public education in grades kindergarten through 12. In 2003, the Lottery contributed $586 million to the School Aid Fund.
Fantasy Five Info
How to Win
5 numbers Jackpot starts at $100,000
4 numbers $100
3 numbers $10
2 numbers $1
- Jackpots start at $100,000 and increase daily by at least $5,000 until someone matches all five numbers.
- If two or more persons match all five winning numbers, the jackpot is shared equally among winning persons.
- Jackpots are paid in one lump sum, with no annuities.
- Guaranteed prize amounts of $100 for matching four numbers, $10 for matching three numbers, and $1 for matching two numbers.
- Overall odds of winning a cash prize are 1 in 9.
- Each play is $1.
- Drawings are at 7:29 p.m. daily.
How to Play
- Players select five numbers from a field of 39, or mark the Easy Pick box and let the computer randomly select the numbers for them.
- Players can play up to five times on each Fantasy 5 playslip.
- Before submitting a playslip, players should make sure the numbers and multi-draw option are the ones they want. Tickets cannot be cancelled after they are issued.