Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quantum Physics

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 12 years ago by NewClub.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #5122
June 18, 2004
68 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2004, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

It's interesting how people who win frequently or win really big never give any impression that they read tea leaves, use quantum equations or have the help and wisdom of gods and spirits to figure out their numbers to play. All winning cases I hear about are either the quick pick variety or the odd person who always played the same numbers (usually sentimental numbers like birthdays) for decades and finally had luck with them. Even the profiles of most winners, like Whittaker and the recent case of the 95 year old woman in Massachusetts, suggests there isn't much thought that goes into picking the right numbers. It's sheer luck and totally random.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19823 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2004, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Phokas on December 31, 2004

It's interesting how people who win frequently or win really big never give any impression that they read tea leaves, use quantum equations or have the help and wisdom of gods and spirits to figure out their numbers to play. 

If you won a big jackpot and really believed that you knew something that gave you an edge, would you share it with the whole world before you had a chance to try and win big again?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #89
      January 18, 2002
      2092 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2004, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Hello Sedertree,

From the speculations that I have read lately, I take it that few if any have heard that time is a river---suppose that there are three log side by side in this river---also suppose that these logs are titled "Past, Present and Future"---It would be a good speculation that an entity could bridge any one of the titled logs and note what did happen; what will happen; the Log titled "Present" is the go between because so to say, it's half-"Past" and half-"Future." I would seriously doubt that an attempted tampering would work in either direction but the ability to observe those dvents may be possible. It was just mentioned about tampering or changing the course of happened or will happen dvents---I would hypothesize that the "Future" can't be changed because it hasn't happened and that the "Present" would be a rehash at some point of a "Past" dvent.

This leaves the "Present" with random dvents and the possible knowledge of how to program games (lottery) thru instincts, hunches and the like. There are peoples with certain blinders that refuse to accept this kind of thinking. This is good but it also removes any possibility that this kind of morp idealogy may be real. Basically, all that the human race has to go on is in the past in scriptural writings; and in tribal storys that were handed down thru the ages before writing in any form became known. Hence, there is no possible belief beyond what was handed down and therefore, not acceptable in most cases. I think that in the future and many millinia of mind training, all that has been or will be can be ascertained probably in a mental capacity only and that prediction will be a reality!

Teufellj... 

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2004, 11:08 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by Sedertree on December 31, 2004

The problem with human free will is "The Will of God"

Omnipotent and Omniscient

In theology you are pawns in "Gods Plan" so how can you have free will at all. It is impossible to have your cake and eat it too.

As we speak, particle accelerators like FermiLab and CERN are/will be on the hunt for Gravitons and Sparticles. Discovering these will prove that the equations of quantum mechanics, including parallel universes, are correct without a shadow of a doubt. Then we will be Omniscient.

It all ends up dependent upon how each individual defines "God"; and which attributes one wishes to give to that definition of god. ANd whether you choose to believe in theology and which theology you wish to believe in.  I personally believe in free will over theological concepts to the contrary. We will never really know for certain while we are physically alive. I think if anyone really knew the truth, we wouldn't have so many different religions with so many different ideas. So to paraphrase Mulder....The truth is ...still....out there.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
          Member #5122
          June 18, 2004
          68 Posts
          Posted: January 1, 2005, 7:39 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on December 31, 2004

If you won a big jackpot and really believed that you knew something that gave you an edge, would you share it with the whole world before you had a chance to try and win big again?

RJOh

As for me, no, I couldn't share a winning strategy with others only because I personally don't believe that one exists. I always play quick picks.

If there were people who won big or consecutively then of course other people would be asking if they had a system that helped them pick the correct numbers. And I seriously doubt people would share with others their so-called methods that they thought gave them an edge - if they ever had such a thing; which is very doubtful.

I've heard of people who won consecutively on scratch cards but no one can claim they had a method figured out for that; unless they were doing something illegal with the cards. And yes, people who are heavy gamblers do stand a better chance, but no guarantee, of winning unless they bought every conceivable combination which is both impractical and unaffordable for nearly all players.

I think it is quaint that people try to use prediction methods. I can see where it makes playing the lottery more fun for some people. But for those who have played other games and either won big or consecutively I have never heard anyone claim they had a method for their wins. And I don't believe they found a winning strategy and were just keeping this to themselves. Every game played is designed to give the same chances to everyone who is playing it. Sure, everyone wants to think they not only beat the odds but were clever enough to figure it all out. Reality shows that the winners are just as random as the numbers drawn. Yes, it seems most winners are white, middle-class, middle-aged people from the Northeast. But I think this just reflects the demographics of the majority of lottery players. Still, there have been and will continue to be winners from across the races and income brackets and geographic regions of our great country. And for those who have won in the past, I still found the majority claim their winning ticket was a quick pick. Since the tickets indicate quick picks, it can't be disputed by anyone who selected the numbers. Since quick picks seem to be the norm for big winners then no one can hide from others a winning strategy because there is no strategy to hide in the first place.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: January 1, 2005, 7:23 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Sedertree on December 31, 2004

Hyper,

I don't know if you've seen the special;

3 Part Series Special

I had to install realplayer to watch it... well worth it. I've got to get this on DVD.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19823 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Phokas on January 1, 2005

If there were people who won big or consecutively then of course other people would be asking if they had a system that helped them pick the correct numbers. And I seriously doubt people would share with others their so-called methods that they thought gave them an edge - if they ever had such a thing; which is very doubtful. 

You assume a player with a winning system would win big often, I don't.  For a pick three or a pick four game, it might mean over a period of time, he would win more than he spent.  For a jackpot game, it might mean he would win a jackpot more than once in several years. Neither scenario would be obvious to anyone else unless he told them.  I think if anyone won big consecutively and continually, they as well as the lottery would be investigated because chances are something would be illegal.  As you say, maybe no such system exists and I don't know of one, but people have written a lot of books about things I don't know and will never know.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2005, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Sedertree, I believe there are streaming video recorders available on the net if you look hard enough for them ;-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2005, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Phokas in the sense that if I'm playing a lottery game with 135 million combinations, a quick pick (or any random number) is the way to go.  Not because it is a better way of picking numbers but because there are too many variables to consider to make a logical decision and randomness is too tough to beat in these circumstances. 

However, if I'm playing the pick 3 game with only 1000 possible outcomes, you can bet I'm playing MY numbers, not theirs.  135,000 times easier to win.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

LuckyFoxTerrier's avatar - anglewings
                    mt. airy, nc
                    United States
                    Member #10832
                    January 27, 2005
                    160 Posts
                    Posted: January 30, 2005, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Some of you, based on this thread of conversation, might be interested in reading "The Nature of Personal Reality" by Jane Roberts, and also some of her other books, which are known as "Seth" books.  Seth was a channeled entity who spoke about how we "create our own realities."  --through our thoughts and beliefs, and not through dumb luck.  Is he right?  I don't know.  When I see what sure looks like random numbers and winners in the lottery, I doubt it.  Yet at other times, it sure SEEMS like we create what comes to us! 

Seth talks alot about past,present,future all existing at the same time.  He also speaks of "probable realities" and our past,future,present "selves" who, like a previous post mentioned, are out there doing things in OTHER REALITIES!!!  Parallel realities!  And, yeah, I find this to be a disconcerting thought!  However, there are times I think I bump into my other selves through dreams that are so reall, and having some other life, doing things completely unrelated to the life "I think" I'm living, that it really makes me wonder!

I've taken to trying to contact my future self, the one who WINS MEGAMILLIONS, and asking her what the heck the numbers are! :) 

Maybe we are all creators.  Seth says we create both individually and as a mass consciousness, too.  I say we have a ways to go b/c we aren't creating too well!  But, even if I can't create a lottery win, even if it IS just random dumb luck, all this thought process keeps me from getting bored!  And it does make my twice a week ticket purchases a lot more fun than just getting an easy pick.  Also, I find that my numbers are a LOT closer when I choose them, than when I get an easy pick ticket.

Enjoying the "math" conversation a lot more than the Mystical message boards!  LOL - you "mathematicians" are much more open-minded than the mystical group!!  ha! 

LuckyFox

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                      Member #9517
                      December 10, 2004
                      1272 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2005, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I've said it somewhere else and I'll say it again.

We need some quantum physics implemented in the predictions software.

In addition we probably need PC hardware(working together with the prediction software) which is able to peek into the future.

East Jordan, MI
                        United States
                        Member #2
                        June 1, 2001
                        675 Posts
                        Posted: February 9, 2005, 11:55 am - IP Logged

I wonder when quantum computers come of age, if that would be possible. Haven't done any research into this area though. Just heard they were on the horizon.

I wonder how much the 64bit processors/systems are going for?

stoopendaal's avatar - archer

Netherlands
                          Member #3476
                          January 24, 2004
                          212 Posts
                          Posted: February 13, 2005, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Hi Sedertree,

You might find this link interesting :

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=126649

ineed9million's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
                            Philadelphia, PA
                            United States
                            Member #11436
                            February 13, 2005
                            176 Posts
                            Posted: February 17, 2005, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

sedertree

nice avatar.

East Jordan, MI
                              United States
                              Member #2
                              June 1, 2001
                              675 Posts
                              Posted: February 22, 2005, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

On Saturday, 02/19/2005;

Me, Myself and I; ad infitem quit smoking for good.

We are mostly happy with our decision to quit. Some of us have to be reminded, from time to time, that this was a joint decision.