Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quantum Physics

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 12 years ago by NewClub.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2005, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Congrats on that Sedertree!

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

East Jordan, MI
    United States
    Member #2
    June 1, 2001
    675 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2005, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Thanks Hyper,

Still smoke free... I came close to giving in a couple of times.

This has been cold-turkey all the way.

Today is two weeks without a cigarette. Cravings have just about subsided.

SirMetro's avatar - center
      East of Atlanta
      United States
      Member #6191
      August 11, 2004
      1389 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2005, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Sedertree....Congrats on the smokefree.

Am smokefree here for 4 years now. Wished the program my wife sells was available back when I quit smoking. Take a shot and smoke no more. She says they have an average of 83% success rate (even higher when the females are removed from the count). And if it's any consolation, since it's been 2 weeks, your body is free of the nicotine. Now all you have to do is stop the emotional "reaching into your shirt pocket" behavior. Believe me, even after 4 years, I tend to still reach into my shirt pocket. Kinda interesting how some foods even taste better.

Sir Metro

East Jordan, MI
        United States
        Member #2
        June 1, 2001
        675 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2005, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanks SirMetro,

I know this is it this time. I will never smoke again.

BTW, I gave my brother Matthew a ride to see his son yesterday. OMG, I about gagged at the smell of cigarette smoke on him when he got in.

I actually had to crack the window, sunroof and turn on the vent.

That was probably me not too long ago.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2005, 9:15 am - IP Logged

We need some quantum physics implemented in the predictions software.
          In addition we probably need PC hardware(working together with the prediction software) which is able to peek into the future.

The only problem I can see with that is that the balls in lottery drawings appear to perform somewhat to electrons described in a theorem known as Bell's Inequality.  Einstein's fixed universe, full of rules and patterns everything has to obey at every level from sub-atomic upward, was conclusively disproved in 1974, by Stuart Freedom and John Clauser at Berkely.  Again, a lot more precisely a short time later by Alain Aspect at the University of Paris during the early '80s.

Those of us who'd like the universe and reality to settle down and behave itself, follow rules, whether we happen to be paying attention or not, aren't likely to come out of Quantum physics any happier about the state of the universe.  We aren't going to be devising any software that can hit a moving target that knows when we take aim and dodges, as happens with both electrons and pingpong balls painted with numbers.

At least, so it seems to me.  I'd add as an afterthought, that might be one of the reasons the big jackpots are won by Quick Picks, rather than by those of us who have a lot of fancy software, or who study the numbers, the patterns, and line our sights up on them every draw.  I don't discount the obvious fact that a lot more QPs are sold, but those of us who study those numbers and see the patterns ought to be winning better than we do in a more righteous universe.

Jack

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19894 Posts
            Posted: March 12, 2005, 11:56 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on March 12, 2005

I don't discount the obvious fact that a lot more QPs are sold, but those of us who study those numbers and see the patterns ought to be winning better than we do in a more righteous universe.

Jack

Maybe we aren't righteous enough in this righteous universe to pick the righteous lottery numbers.  We are going to have to study the numbers more righteously.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2005, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Maybe we aren't righteous enough in this righteous universe to pick the righteous lottery numbers.  We are going to have to study the numbers more righteously.

RJOh

I wouldn't be reading, posting, studying the numbers if I din't believe that's true.  Probably, you, also.  I just happen to harbor more doubts that it can be done than you probably do.  I'm not all that righteous.

Jack

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19894 Posts
                Posted: March 12, 2005, 7:58 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on March 12, 2005

I wouldn't be reading, posting, studying the numbers if I din't believe that's true.  Probably, you, also.  I just happen to harbor more doubts that it can be done than you probably do.  I'm not all that righteous.

Jack

I think those of us who study the numbers, see patterns and pick our own numbers are trying to accomplished in 10-50 lines what is accomplished in thousands of lines with quickpicks and that is impossible.  I've noticed in the pick3 sections people who post the most picks, pick the most winners.  Pick3 posters amaze themselves by posting 50 numbers and having several box hits some where in the country every day.  What are the odds?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #12495
                  March 15, 2005
                  76 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2005, 12:31 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by stoopendaal on February 13, 2005

Hi Sedertree,

You might find this link interesting :
                  http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=126649

Thanks Sedertree for starting this link and thank stoopendaal for this info.