Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm so pissed off

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Rick G.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Poway CA (San Diego County)
United States
Member #3489
January 25, 2004
14120 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2005, 12:38 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by MollyG on January 8, 2005

Fairy said a mouth full....that's why I'm here...a catchy subject title.

The ones that get most of my attention have something like this in the subject: Tx...Tex...Texas...OR a post by one of my fellow Texas players (and there are at least 40 of them here...probably much more).

The posts that I usually don't even check are the ones like: "all states" , etc. Shoot, I can pull numbers out of the hat and in my eyes, that's what an All State post would be. (If I get any feed-back on this one...I'll do it for a while...to show everyone..so please, don't fuss at me) To me, when someone zooms in on a particular state, THAT means more than all the rest, and those are the ones (ie:Tx) that I check.

So, lottaloot, I haven't read most of your posts...not my fault, couldn't find any with Tx (etc) in them. The one's I have read, have a 'catchy' title to them...like this one.

I'm sorry you feel like you do. Don't know what to say. Fairy had good advice...suck it up and go on with life.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
    OHIO
    United States
    Member #4164
    March 27, 2004
    14586 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2005, 12:40 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by emilyg on January 8, 2005

if you enjoy posting to help people - then do it.  leave your ego out of it. 

I agree with a quote SandyK made one time, this should be fun if it's no longer fun....then you start regretting what you do. and I also say,  I agree with EmilyG...

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2005, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Lottaloot,

There are over 10,500 members here on LP.  One day's worth of posts go back 8 pages of posts.  On any given day there are 40 to 50 predictors per state predicting on the state prediction pages.

The stats pages tell you how good you're doing in any given state and it's OK to pat yourself on the back when you're winning a profit.  Sometimes that's the only pat on the back you're going to get so you have two choices...

1) Stop posting for that state and leave your stats to stand, or

2) Keep posting for that state and show the folks who has been winning.

You're too good a predictor to get frustrated, but we've been all through it and you just have to adjust your response to it. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2005, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

A couple more points I want to make here.  If you hit in a state with very few participants on LP expect a very small, if any, response (e.g. WV, OR)

If you post a winner with 20 people posting for IL or GA on the forum and 35 others posting on the prediction boards, don't expect too much of a response because your picks got lost in the 1000 picks posted.

In my humble opinion, if you want recognition for posting a winner in a state then post it on that state's prediction board and let the stats give you the pat on the back.  That's why Todd made it and that's where the wheat is seperated from the chaff.  10,000 other players on this site can't always give credit where it is due if it goes unrecognized.

It's nice to be recognized on the forum and I love it myself but I won't let it get me down if I posted an unrecognized winner.  The win is a reward in itself and maybe just helped someone win a few bucks.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
          Redford/MI
          United States
          Member #3396
          January 18, 2004
          4867 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2005, 1:57 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by LAVERNE MALONEY on January 8, 2005

WHAT? Come on now lottaloot, let's get back on track. First of all we are in a forum with a diverse group of people. People from all walks of life. Everyone is not going to be as outgoing as you. However they still want to win. When you post something in this type of forum you have to divorce yourself from believing that people are going to automatically gravitate to you. Lottaloot you have to put the results of your efforts out there not expecting to get a mass reaction directly back to you. When you post you put it out there & let it go. Of course everybody likes a pat on the back, but don't expect it & it will come to you more easily & more readily. Just from your posts I've learned so much about you. You are an enforcer, you are a woman with a back bone who knows how to take and make a stand for what you believe. And you want everyone that you tell of your findings to be as gung ho about it as you are. But unfortunately that is not the way of the world. Take satisfaction in knowing that you are able to acquire knowledge about the numbers and that you have a big heart that loves to share your findings with everyone. Even if it means you only get a few replies. Come on now lottaloot, don't let this break your spirit & your good energy. Continue to give even though the responses may be few. However, your blessings will be many. !$!$ :-)       

Thank You.  I guess I am being a bit childish, but like you say every now and then a pat on the back would be appreciated. 

From now on, I'll put a couple of lucky numbers for the day on a post and leave it at that (that way, I can accept :every now and then".

That way, it will give people less numbers to focus on and still satisfy my need to post a winning number--every now and then

Thanks for the reality check

L ttaL   T

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
            Redford/MI
            United States
            Member #3396
            January 18, 2004
            4867 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2005, 1:58 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Justin on January 8, 2005

We all get ignored........alot.......

the reason for this is simple....alot of the main posters that do things like this (me, you and lots and lots of others) are busy doing our own workouts lol, i always wondered why no one said anything to my West Va posts. well cuz everyones busy tracking GA or SC for themselves, i cant blame people for that, but it is ****ing annoying when you take an hour to make a post and see there has been like 100 views and no responses.......

Mine's were even less than that.  Try 3 or 4

L ttaL   T

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2005, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

If you play what you post, your recognition will come when you cash in your tickets.  If it's a jackpot amount, your local friends and neighbors will be quick to give you some recognition.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #9579
                December 12, 2004
                2121 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2005, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

i heard from a friend who works for lottery,thinks he's a kid genius,paid big money,to cheat us out of our hard earned money!sure looks it as stingy as the lottery has been since just before x mas!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8364 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Another thing about posting on the pick 3 board is you could post somthing right now and in less than three minutes your post could get buried under twenty other posts. I don't always go to the topics page and back track all the pick 3 posts that have been written unless I am looking for a particular thread or topic. Their might be as many as 300 pick 3 posts on any given day. And people might not be following all of them. Which might be the case with people not responding to your posts?

When Todd made the prediction board for us all to post numbers for all states I see people posting 20/30 or more numbers for various states on the pick 3 board. It's confusing to me because if they posted on the prediction board numbers for all states or separate states. Then turn around and post on pick 3 and 4 boards additional numbers different from the ones on the prediction pages. It's a wonder to me that anybody can make sense of it. So I have deduced that everyone has there own particular posters they like to follow. And everyone isn't going to have the same followers. Or reply's to ever single post they put on the board. 

JAZZY JASPER's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg

United States
                    Member #786
                    October 14, 2002
                    2723 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

If you play what you post, your recognition will come when you cash in your tickets.  If it's a jackpot amount, your local friends and neighbors will be quick to give you some recognition.

RJOh

This is where my opinion lays.

Everytime I step out the door, and into my car. I 'savour' my reconigtion.

I use to be full of resentment. That few acknowledged how good, I thought I was.

My wife, and friends on this 'forum' told me too either do it, or not do it. 

I feel a lot better these days!

If I don't like the way i'm being treated, I,

STOP! 

"It's not easy, being, GREEN! "

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
                      Charleston
                      United States
                      Member #1990
                      August 5, 2003
                      1675 Posts
                      Posted: January 8, 2005, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Let's get a peak at that car Jazzy!!!!

I'm HAPPY to hear that...I might be a little off, but I LOVE your posts Jazzy because they are often with few words...enough to make one think when something was posted that appears a bit "out there".

Keep the posts coming Jazzy!

LottaLoot, I'm glad you have calm down and feeling a bit better. It is obvious that some people on the forum do appreciate the work, but don't feel the need to reply.  Go knock the predicition page out, then all can see your results if he chooses to look a previous winners stats.

HAPPY WINNING TO ALL TONIGHT !!!!!

Sometimes the Heart can see what the eyes cannot.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23275 Posts
                        Posted: January 8, 2005, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

I have just a couple of comments to make here, which may be useful:

1. Rick G hit it right on the mark.  The best way to post predictions is to post the on the predictions board, and then if you want a pat on the back, you should link to the page showing your actual hit.  If you don't want to post to the predictions board then don't  when there are no WTGs.  (Sorry to sound harsh, but that's the fact.)

2. Four4me also made a great point.  If you post numbers to the predictions board, and then post completely different numbers to the forum, you are seen by others as trying to cover every single number combination to make yourself look better.  This doesn't apply if you post an All States post to the predictions board for numbers you feel are  valid everywhere, and then post some targeted numbers for individual states.  HOWEVER, I would much rather have you post ALL your numbers to the predictions board, because (a) they are all indicluded in the stats, and (b) it LOOKS better - like you're not trying to deceive.

3. Well, I don't really have a third point, other than to repeat: post your predictions to the predictions board, not the forum.  I you can't figure it out then ask.  If you're just posting pairs, then obviously this doesn't apply to you.  If you don't like posting to the predictions board then learn to like it

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                          United States
                          Member #3489
                          January 25, 2004
                          14120 Posts
                          Posted: January 8, 2005, 5:37 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 8, 2005

• Well, I don't really have a third point, other than to repeat: post your predictions to the predictions board, not the forum. I you can't figure it out then ask. If you're just posting pairs, then obviously this doesn't apply to you. If you don't like posting to the predictions board then learn to like it.

I post about 20 numbers for 5 states twice a day and 1 state once a day. The numbers are in an Excel spreadsheet. It is too time consuming for me to retype them with the dashs between numbers (1-2-6, 3-5-9, etc.). If I have to "learn to like it", I would like to have a much easier method of inputing them. Also, by telling people to use the prediction page, that is telling those that are "standard" members that they can only post 10 numbers or upgrade.

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
                            Charleston
                            United States
                            Member #1990
                            August 5, 2003
                            1675 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2005, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

CD...

I LOVE the way you posts your numbers...keep it up!!!

We DO see much results with you, Blackapple, JAP, and the list can go on for those who post predictions and choose not to utilize the prediction page.

Sorry if I forgot anyone...oh, tntea, jazzy, Shakey Dee, Percy...and everyone else I'm forgetting. 

Sometimes the Heart can see what the eyes cannot.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23275 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2005, 5:47 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by CalifDude on January 8, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 8, 2005

• Well, I don't really have a third point, other than to repeat: post your predictions to the predictions board, not the forum. I you can't figure it out then ask. If you're just posting pairs, then obviously this doesn't apply to you. If you don't like posting to the predictions board then learn to like it.

I post about 20 numbers for 5 states twice a day and 1 state once a day. The numbers are in an Excel spreadsheet. It is too time consuming for me to retype them with the dashs between numbers (1-2-6, 3-5-9, etc.). If I have to "learn to like it", I would like to have a much easier method of inputing them. Also, by telling people to use the prediction page, that is telling those that are "standard" members that they can only post 10 numbers or upgrade.

Dashes are not required between Pick 3 numbers.  See the instructions on the Post Predictions page.  Even if they were required, you would easily be able to create any format you want in Excel in about two seconds and then paste into the form.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!