Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

indiana lottery corruption

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

do you think the indiana lottery is corrupt

yes [ 15 ]  [65.22%]
no [ 2 ]  [8.70%]
not sure [ 6 ]  [26.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 23 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2005, 12:07 am - IP Logged

after posting numerous times on the indiana lottery and the way the lottery is run in that state with the scratch off scam that was revealed last year plus the continuous low payouts and days without any winners on pick three and pick four i was wondering how others felt on this matter.....do you think the indiana lottery is corrupt?

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8364 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2005, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Mike they got new people running the show now so things might change. Still without knowing how many people are actually playing pick 3/4 games there is no way of knowing why the payout are so low. It could just possibly be that many people are not playing the games because people think the game is rigged.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2005, 2:19 am - IP Logged

judging by the payouts, i would say yes, but then again, the hoosier lotto jackpot has been hit on two consecutive draws, but recently it hasn't been hit to often, which leads me to believe it may be rigged.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
        Greenfield
        United States
        Member #3587
        February 2, 2004
        557 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2005, 7:10 am - IP Logged

Great subject Mike! I believe that the Lottery once again boasted of record sales this year. It amazes me that a Lottery could have record sales, yet the worse payouts on their daily games. If people are just not playing then how did the old Director keep his job? Not despite the fact that they spent over 10 million on advertising.  

If the Hooosier Lottery is legit then they shouldn't have a problem with going back to balls!

Let's face it. The payouts are not only ridiculous, but are beyond belief.  From what I have read they are paying out on average 800,000 a day! For me to believe that its from scratch offs is ridiculous! They certainly don't pay out on the daily games. When I was in Georgia I would buy 10 one dollar scratch offs and often turn them back in for an hour or so. Try that here! As much money as I have spent and never won anything is statistically impossible!

According to a recent press release I saw on the Hoosier Lottery website, one man has hit the Pic 5 three times since 1998. Two of those times he used the same numbers and won. How often would the same numbers come up twice in a 7 year period on the Pic 5? Interesting isnt it.

I could go on and on and give detailed descriptions of all the unusual occurences that happen on a regular basis. They are too many to number! The obvious storyteller are the prize payouts compared with others States. Especially when you compare these payouts to States using balls.

If you win in Indiana you are a very lucky person. They have literally Bankrupt me with no return. I consider myself to be half way intelligent and therefore continued playing knowing that the odds would come around. That didnt happen! Take the last 2 midday pic3 triple winners. It appears that their prize liability is 270,000 dollars. A little low isnt it? You suppose that the stated odds on the back of the playslip are wrong when you set these kind of limits? Of course they are!

If States using RNG's are setting liability limits, then they better update those odds on the back of the playslip, otherwise the public is being deceived. The State has to bare risk just like the players otherwise you no longer have a lottery.  You might as well just write the State a check and forego the purchase of any tickets! Well, I am going to get off my soapbox. For those of you who live in a State that uses Balls, count your lucky stars!

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2005, 11:48 am - IP Logged

if the prize liability is 270,000 and the odds state something else on the back of the playslip thats false advertising and false pretenses right there!!

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2005, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

I still believe the Mass & NY lotteries are (more) corrupt, with their annuity-only scratch games (plus Mass Megais bad$).

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8364 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2005, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Losingjeff this is from Marylands website we have less people living in Maryland than your state. the sentence below is from the fiscal year report for 2004.

Scratch-offs and Keno are our two biggest growth games. Currently, Scratch-off sales are averaging a record-breaking $7 million each week,

Maryland dosen't report the number of winners for pick 3/4 games so i can't compair the two states however i can say that of the 50 or so people i know that play the pick 3/4 games were not making a killing off the MD lottery either. However i see hundreds of people buying the scratchers every where i go. I don't see a lot of people standing in line with play slips for pick 3 and 4 games excep just before draw time.  Only die hard people play pick 3/4 games every day. And an occasional player might try the pick 3/4 games once in a while. I see many people are buying the scratchers because of the promice for larger winning amounts.  

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
                Greenfield
                United States
                Member #3587
                February 2, 2004
                557 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2005, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Even if Indiana is making money on scratch offs doesnt change the fact that their daily game payouts are miniscule compared to other States of similar population. It just doesnt compute! And when I look at my losing tickets it confirms the fact that winning is an unlikely result here.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                  USA
                  United States
                  Member #8242
                  October 29, 2004
                  1133 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2005, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Hmm, maybe the problem is not enough people have reported this to a higher authority like the FBI.

Columbia City, Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #2978
                    December 9, 2003
                    381 Posts
                    Posted: January 30, 2005, 1:55 am - IP Logged

LosingJeff neglected to mention that, despite the installation of a new lottery director, the remainder of the incumbent crew is largely intact. This includes their programmers, security personnel (mostly retired cops) and other lower-level employees.

Also, Governor Mitch Daniels has repeatedly requested the resignations of several state agency heads and officers, including those who serve on the board of directors of the Hoosier Lottery. These people refuse to resign and, by law, cannot be forced to do so prior to the end of their respective terms. I blame our own short-sighted legislators for this glaring oversight.

LosingJeff and I met with Representative Bob Cherry and Republican Chief of Staff Leslie Davis Hiner on July 16, 2004. At that meeting, they both promised that cleaning up the lottery would be "a priority issue at the next legislative session," yet no such legislation appears on their current agenda. As it turns out, they only wanted to find out how much we knew about the scratch-off scandal, which had not yet become public. Once they determined we had no knowledge of their little secret, they were finished with us, and we never heard from them again.

We had a separate meeting with Representative Bob Alderman in June. After seeing our evidence, he proclaimed, "We can take care of this quietly; no one needs to go to jail or lose his job." However, he did promise to spearhead his own inquiry. This "investigation" turned out to be a ten-point questionnaire which was sent to Jack Ross, our previous lottery director (the only one, so far, to tender his resignation). Ross filled it with lies and sent it back to Alderman, who was apparently satisfied, despite obvious differences between the sales, revenue and payout figures furnished by Ross and those published in the Hoosier Lottery's annual reports (Kevin Leininger, an investigative reporter for a Fort Wayne newspaper, sent me a copy of the completed questionnaire). Alderman also promised us that he would introduce legislation which would force the Hoosier Lottery to reinstate mechanical draw machines and live, televised drawings. Again, no such legislation has been introduced, nor is it being considered.

This afternoon, I sent an email to Congressman Mark Souder, detailing the massive body of evidence we've managed to collect over the past eighteen months. I told him of the meetings we've had with the State Reps, the promises they made, and the inefficient and off-handed manner in which this scandal has been investigated on an official level.

Below are contact links for each of the officials mentioned. Please take a moment to write to them and tell them how you feel about this and, by all means, mention my name.

Representative Bob Alderman:

http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/legislative/contact/contact.pl?data=HouseAlderman,Robert%20K.h83hr, 1-800-382-9841 

Representative Bob Cherry:

http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/legislative/contact/contact.pl?data=HouseCherry,Bobh53hr, 1-800-382-9841

Republican Chief of Staff Leslie Davis Hiner:

lhiner@iga.state.in.us, 317-232-9640

Congressman Mark Souder:

souder@mail.house.gov, 1-800-959-3041

LOTTOMIKE and Maverick, thanks for all your help and support. This has been a long and difficult fight, but it's not over yet. We still have cards we haven't played yet, and I remain confident that we will prevail.

To everyone else who takes the time to write to Indiana's elected officials, I'm grateful to you as well.  

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8364 Posts
                      Posted: January 30, 2005, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Cal has 36 million people and only has pick 3  twice a day  so they should have in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 thousand  winners every day but they don't.  

Current Draw Results Details calif

Daily 3 Midday Winning Numbers for Draw #5490 on 1/28/2005 were:

Matching NumbersWinning TicketsTicket Value
                      Straight23$ 574
                      Box110$ 90
                      Straight & Box86$ 333
                      Box Only732$ 45
                      Total Winning Tickets951

Daily 3 Evening Winning Numbers for Draw #5491 on 1/28/2005 were:

Matching NumbersWinning TicketsTicket Value
                      Straight81$ 305
                      Box272 $ 48
                      Straight & Box226 $ 177
                      Box Only1182 $ 24
                      Total Winning Tickets1761 

Should be like 5000 people play 123 every day boxed or otherwise yet with say somthing like 15 million people old enough to play the game only 81 people played that 123 straight and so on.

Fact is not every numbers is played. and not enought people have been picking the winning numbers in your state. Based on these figures in california if 5 or more people hit in your state then they did good compaired to california.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        Justin's avatar - hatchap
                        Stevens Point
                        United States
                        Member #6457
                        August 24, 2004
                        3030 Posts
                        Posted: January 30, 2005, 2:45 am - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by jim695 on January 30, 2005

LosingJeff neglected to mention that, despite the installation of a new lottery director, the remainder of the incumbent crew is largely intact. This includes their programmers, security personnel (mostly retired cops) and other lower-level employees.

Also, Governor Mitch Daniels has repeatedly requested the resignations of several state agency heads and officers, including those who serve on the board of directors of the Hoosier Lottery. These people refuse to resign and, by law, cannot be forced to do so prior to the end of their respective terms. I blame our own short-sighted legislators for this glaring oversight.

LosingJeff and I met with Representative Bob Cherry and Republican Chief of Staff Leslie Davis Hiner on July 16, 2004. At that meeting, they both promised that cleaning up the lottery would be "a priority issue at the next legislative session," yet no such legislation appears on their current agenda. As it turns out, they only wanted to find out how much we knew about the scratch-off scandal, which had not yet become public. Once they determined we had no knowledge of their little secret, they were finished with us, and we never heard from them again.

We had a separate meeting with Representative Bob Alderman in June. After seeing our evidence, he proclaimed, "We can take care of this quietly; no one needs to go to jail or lose his job." However, he did promise to spearhead his own inquiry. This "investigation" turned out to be a ten-point questionnaire which was sent to Jack Ross, our previous lottery director (the only one, so far, to tender his resignation). Ross filled it with lies and sent it back to Alderman, who was apparently satisfied, despite obvious differences between the sales, revenue and payout figures furnished by Ross and those published in the Hoosier Lottery's annual reports (Kevin Leininger, an investigative reporter for a Fort Wayne newspaper, sent me a copy of the completed questionnaire). Alderman also promised us that he would introduce legislation which would force the Hoosier Lottery to reinstate mechanical draw machines and live, televised drawings. Again, no such legislation has been introduced, nor is it being considered.

This afternoon, I sent an email to Congressman Mark Souder, detailing the massive body of evidence we've managed to collect over the past eighteen months. I told him of the meetings we've had with the State Reps, the promises they made, and the inefficient and off-handed manner in which this scandal has been investigated on an official level.

Below are contact links for each of the officials mentioned. Please take a moment to write to them and tell them how you feel about this and, by all means, mention my name.

Representative Bob Alderman:

http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/legislative/contact/contact.pl?data=HouseAlderman,Robert%20K.h83hr, 1-800-382-9841 

Representative Bob Cherry:

http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/legislative/contact/contact.pl?data=HouseCherry,Bobh53hr, 1-800-382-9841

Republican Chief of Staff Leslie Davis Hiner:

lhiner@iga.state.in.us, 317-232-9640

Congressman Mark Souder:

souder@mail.house.gov, 1-800-959-3041

LOTTOMIKE and Maverick, thanks for all your help and support. This has been a long and difficult fight, but it's not over yet. We still have cards we haven't played yet, and I remain confident that we will prevail.

To everyone else who takes the time to write to Indiana's elected officials, I'm grateful to you as well.  

Go to your local news station with that info. Then the night they announce the story play triples lol.

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: January 30, 2005, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

i agree some media exposure mixed with the lottery personel glaring corruption should blow the doors down and like someone else said bringing in the FBI should also ice their fate..........

Columbia City, Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #2978
                            December 9, 2003
                            381 Posts
                            Posted: January 30, 2005, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by four4me on January 30, 2005

Cal has 36 million people and only has pick 3  twice a day  so they should have in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 thousand  winners every day but they don't.  

Should be like 5000 people play 123 every day boxed or otherwise yet with say somthing like 15 million people old enough to play the game only 81 people played that 123 straight and so on.

Fact is not every numbers is played. and not enought people have been picking the winning numbers in your state. Based on these figures in california if 5 or more people hit in your state then they did good compaired to california.

Based on what, your personal opinion?

I would venture, in a state with 36 million people, every number is played every day, since there are only one thousand possible combinations in the Pick-3.

As usual, you don't back up your statistics with anything solid; you say California should have 5,000 to 10,000 winners every day. You state that 5,000 out of 36 million people should play 123 every day, and of those, only 81 played straight. Where did these figures come from?

LosingJeff and I have gone to considerable effort procuring the evidence we have against the Hoosier Lottery. We didn't just reach into our butts for the proof we have; we dug it up, one page at a time, then verified what we found. We attended meeting after meeting with Hoosier Lottery personnel, state legislators, newspaper reporters, the FBI, the SEC and countless lottery retailers and players throughout the state of Indiana. This agency is crooked, plain and simple. If you choose to believe otherwise, there's nothing I can do, except to question your made-up statistics. Using your logic, every man, woman and child in South Carolina should be rich by now, since they have two million fewer people than Indiana, and yet they pay out hundreds of winners per day PER GAME, whereas Indiana pays less than ten people for all their daily games on any given day. In any other state, triples usually cause record payouts. The last two times triples hit in Indiana, the payout on each was $270,000.00 for the entire state.

I can't wait to hear you die-hard non-believers when this finally hits CNN. You'll be posting all over the place, telling us you knew all along that the Hoosier Lottery was rigged against its players, and that you can't understand why no one else could see it.

I'm going to say this one more time:

The Hoosier Lottery runs a crooked operation, and I can prove it in any court of law in the country.

If you don't want to believe it, that's fine with me. Do whatever you must to convince yourselves there is no such thing as a dishonest state agency, that your representatives actually have your best interest at heart, and are not concerned about their careers first when corruption is discovered. Make up your own statistics that fit comfortably within your views, but DON'T try to pawn them off on me, because I'm going to call your hand and make you show it down.

LOTTOMIKE, Maverick, Justin, Todd, Pick-4_Master and all others here who choose not to stick their heads in the sand, please know that LosingJeff and I are truly grateful for all the help and support you've given us.

The rest of you who would rather not know the truth can keep your conjecture and "should be's" to yourselves. If you're going to present statistics, then present valid statistics. Put yourself to a little trouble and look something up before you post it as fact.

I wasted less time reading your post than you wasted writing it, and I'm truly ashamed that I was compelled to write this response. Having thought it over, though, I could see where I really had no choice, since some members may have been taken in by your fictitious, cardboard "facts." Trash can only be piled so high before someone decides to take it out to the curb. I guess it was just my turn.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                              Stevens Point
                              United States
                              Member #6457
                              August 24, 2004
                              3030 Posts
                              Posted: January 30, 2005, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know if the Hoosier Lottery is run by the state, i thought in a previous thread i read someone stated it is independently run. IF that is so, most people probably dont know, and the lottery is likely held to a lower standard. ANYONE looking at the statistics for indiana should realize something isnt right. If i lived there i'd be helping Losing Jeff and Jim695 out. They need to be made an example out of.

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year