Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

indiana lottery corruption

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

do you think the indiana lottery is corrupt

yes [ 15 ]  [65.22%]
no [ 2 ]  [8.70%]
not sure [ 6 ]  [26.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 23 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Maverick's avatar - yinyang
USA
United States
Member #8242
October 29, 2004
1133 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2005, 11:24 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on January 30, 2005

i agree some media exposure mixed with the lottery personel glaring corruption should blow the doors down and like someone else said bringing in the FBI should also ice their fate..........

Yes, seriously. Get help from those TV News reporters like Arnold Diaz's "Shame On You", or Help Me Howard from Channel 11.
    four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: January 30, 2005, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Jim the figures for california are on their site. Their games are par mutial i didn't know that when i posted my post about calif. While i feel for you guys and have said i thought something was/is fishy about the stats. how do you know if their accurate. I mean whomever they got maintaining their website could be posting the wrong info.

I tried to and said in posts about a month ago i was going to try and find states that post the amount of winners so i could make some general comparisons. i spend countless hours trying to figgure out why Indiana's stats are so low. meaning not many winners.

WITHOUT KNOWING how many people are playing pick 3 and 4 games in Indiana. No one except the indiana lottery directors can answer that question. I would give anything to see the paper work on the receipts for pick 3 and 4 games on any given day. If i could see that information. I could make an edjucatd guess why people aren't winning. You say the games is corrupt and you can prove it great. At least you are privlidged to some information we are not. I am a observer here on lottery post just like everyone else. Yet i see people on here pick the numbers for indiana almost every day that win. Someone said yea just try to play the numbers for real and they woln't win.  I ain't buying into that.

That would imply that every number that is played is somehow ommited from the computer that selects the numbers and that they are just allowing certain numbers to win for the smallest amount of payout that they see fit to pay. If in fact that this is happening. I hope someone does go to jail because that is the worst conciveable act on the hard working tax paying lottery players in Indiana.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2005, 6:33 am - IP Logged

the indiana lottery could be exposed like enron and worldcom,the money in indiana i think is being misused by shady thieves who call themselves lottery officials........

Columbia City, Indiana
        United States
        Member #2978
        December 9, 2003
        381 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2005, 2:52 am - IP Logged

Four4me:

The way it works is as follows:

The Hoosier Lottery has no published liability limits. Rather than ratify such limits as other state lotteries have, the Hoosier Lottery prefers instead to actively track player selections on a central computer. Now, with their RNG machine connected to their central computer, a piece of code can be written to scan its database, find the number with the least amount of play, and then instruct the RNG to render that combination. This enables the Hoosier Lottery to minimize payouts on their daily games, no matter how many tickets are sold.

Conversely, it also allows them to build the Pick-6 Lotto jackpot to any amount they determine, in order to increase ticket sales for that game. Twice, we've had jackpots for this 6/48 game which reached $28M. Since our rollovers are not based on ticket sales, as they are in other states, it takes a minimum of sdventeen weeks to build to that amount. Our lotto doesn't begin to roll over until the third consecutive draw without a winner, and then it's only in half-million-dollar increments, again, regardless of how many tickets are sold. If they sell twenty million tickets, the rollover is still only a half-mil. This figure is not improbable, as we have four border states, and we get many players from Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and Kentucky. At times they sell more tickets than there are combinations, somehow, impossibly, avoiding the one with six winning numbers. The odds against this happening, according to an Indiana University mathematician I consulted, are approximately 1.3 billion to 1. This is comparable to a DNA profile; it cannot be convincingly disputed. 

Almost all of the evidence we've collected came from public sources available to anyone. However, as you pointed out, these sources can't always be trusted, so every single page we have has been verified either through personal interviews or through public records obtained via Indiana's Access to Public Records Act or the federal Freedom of Information Act.

LosingJeff and I have worked very hard to find this information, and even harder to verify it. So when you miss something as basic as parimutuel payouts, and then attempt to use that information to dispute what we know is true, I'm going to have something to say about it. We are both very tired. This investigation has consumed most of our free time since we joined forces last February (I've been working on it since June, 2003). LosingJeff works twelve-hour days, and then resumes the fight when he gets home. On a good night, he might be able to log four hours of sleep before going to work, and then the process begins all over again. It's not as tough on me, because I'm retired, but his loyalty to me and his dedication to this inquiry are beyond reproach. Without his contributions to this investigation, I wouldn't have half the information I have on this crooked agency.

My praise of this ex-Marine is not for his benefit, but for yours. He can attest that, indeed, you can predict winning numbers for Indiana all day long, provided you stop short of actually buying a ticket. Once you plunk your money on the counter, you've just taken yourself out of the game, unless you happen to pick the number with the least amount of play, in which case you'll have to overcome those odds, too. In fact, there are 288 straight numbers in our Daily-3 game which haven't been drawn in over four years. I haven't had the time to search 10,000 Daily-4 numbers, but I can tell you that LosingJeff has played two of them every single day since he retired from the Corps in 1996, and they have never been drawn in any order. There was another number he used to play every day, without fail, until 27MAY04, when we met with Hoosier Lottery officials. I didn't leave his house until after 8pm, so he didn't buy his tickets that night. This was the first time in eight years he missed playing that number and, coincidently, that's the first and only time it was ever drawn. I have no doubt that the Hoosier Lottery has segregated certain numbers from the Daily-4, and I know for a fact that they have omitted nearly 30% of the field (288 out of 1,000) for the Daily-3.

This alone doesn't prove anything; it could be plain old bad luck. But when you look at this incident with everything else we've uncovered, it becomes much more significant. What we've had to sort through are countless little coincidences, each one meaningless by itself, but all of them with one common thread: they don't happen in any other state lottery.

We also have mathematical proof that the odds for our Daily-4 game approach 1 in 40,000, rather than the advertised odds of 1 in 10,000. Again, this evidence cannot be disputed; math doesn't lie. If you should happen to predict Indiana's number for any given day, that's great; pat yourself on the back, but speaking for those of us who live here, you'll understand if we don't get too excited and run out and buy a ticket.

The Hoosier Lottery has operated behind a curtain of complete and total secrecy since 2000, nearly five years now. Coincidently, they stopped airing a live broadcast of the drawings, which is required by state law, on the same day they instituted their new RNG. They told the network affiliates who carried the drawing that their broadcast equipment was no longer compatible with the new RNG format, and therefore they would not be renewing their contract. I asked WPTA's assistant programming coordinator, who sat in on part of that meeting, why they coudn't just point a TV camera at the RNG's computer monitor as they had pointed it at the mechanical draw machines. She said she didn't understand the Hoosier Lottery's objections; a broadcast is a broadcast.

LosingJeff and I must deal with this type of nonsense on a daily basis, so when you, or others, belittle our efforts by glancing at a state lottery's website and then post limited conclusions as fact to dispute what we've discovered and verified, you had better duck, because I'm going to come out swinging. I've posted much of what we've collected on the forum in various threads. If you're interested, put yourself to some effort and look them up; I'm too tired to do it for you.

On a positive note, I received word recently that Representative Bob Alderman has sponsored a bill which would force the Hoosier Lottery to return to mechanical draw machines and a live, televised broadcast. Whether or not this bill passes remains to be seen, and while that alone won't make up for what these criminals have done, LosingJeff and I agree that it's a step in the right direction.

Another significant development is this one: Since Mitch Daniels took the reigns as our new governor, the payouts in our daily games have been, for the most part, remarkably higher. Just another coincidence, I suppose.        

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
          Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2005, 3:17 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by LosingJeff on January 29, 2005

According to a recent press release I saw on the Hoosier Lottery website, one man has hit the Pic 5 three times since 1998. Two of those times he used the same numbers and won. How often would the same numbers come up twice in a 7 year period on the Pic 5? Interesting isnt it.

In theory it is possible. It's happened in Ohio before that the exact same set of 5 numbers hit twice in the same year.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Yinzer Country, PA
            United States
            Member #4067
            March 18, 2004
            2741 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2005, 3:29 am - IP Logged

also, the fact that a security employee knew where a top prize winnng instant ticket was, and told his friend, who wound up buying the winning ticket, where it was at is evidence enough that the hosier lottery needs some major reforms. they need to start using ball machines again. they need better secutiry on their games. they need to base the hoosier lotto jackpots on a combination of a minimum rollover and sales. also, the fact that they sold an unclaimed jackpot winning powerball ticket back in 2002 just adds fuel to the fire. did they fake the ticket? was there nobody in the state who had that ticket? i'm starting to wnder that because nobody coming forward to claim an annuitized $50 million (cash option $30 million range) jackpot seems a little weird. one would think that the person would have stepped forward in a matter of weeks like Ed Varley of PA did with the other half of the jackpot. the hoosier lottery serously needs some changes.

JimmySand9: You want to think up the ideal hoosier lottery, or should I?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2005, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I would have IN join Hot Lotto, for starters.

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2005, 10:52 am - IP Logged

july 1,2005 things could change,jeff......

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2005, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

What's supposed to happen July 1?

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2005, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Maryland's has 248 numbers for it's evening pick 3 game that haven't' been picked straight in 5 years also. Over close too 4000 numbers that haven't been drawn straight in pick 4 games day and night. I have been diligently tracking numbers for Maryland. When I try and do comparisons I find that this is almost the same amount for many other states. Who have been around as long as MD's

I have been a supporter of your cause and it was me in other posts that said we should start an online petition get lawyers and state officials involved. When I said that they might be running the lottery like a keno game I was correct then because keno is done the same way.

Congratulations on your efforts as well as loosing Jeff and any other person involved. I know I have been skeptical and somewhat naive because I haven't had to deal with the problem first hand.

Once things get straightened out it will be interesting to see the number of winners so some real comparisons can be made. Another thing we should do is try to have the lottery's put that information on all states that run a lottery so we could see the information first hand.

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: February 5, 2005, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

i understand perfectly four4me you were skeptical at first,here's an analogy,its kinda like when you were told there was no easter bunny or santa claus even though you were skeptical and naive about it,you didn't wanna stop believing,its kinda like the lottery,you love it so much you didn't wanna believe it could be corrupt but your finally seeing the light.it shatters our innocence to think something we love could be tainted but it sometimes happens,when the lottery in indiana goes back to ball drawings it'll be like scrooge lost and christmas will be enjoyed again like it should....it'll be a good day......

Yinzer Country, PA
                        United States
                        Member #4067
                        March 18, 2004
                        2741 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2005, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

even if they go back to ball machines for their drawings, they can still be manipulated, and the lottery will still know which plays that the players played, and can still rig the drawings. an easier way for them to rig the drawings is to just to pre-rig them, and go into the central computer and make it so the terminals cannot generate the winning set of numbers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8360 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2005, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

LottoMike no thats not it at all my father told me when i was a boy believe only half of what you hear and a 1/4 of what you read if you can't prove it for youself then it's only hear say!

So while some part of me knew somthing was fishy i have no first hand knowledge of this as do the other posters who started the crusade. 

My love for the lottery has nothing to do with the fact that 10 people might hit pick 4 tonight in maryland or any other states as opposed to 1000 people hitting a number in this or any other state.

The fact is numbers computerized or ball machine picks are just that and no clear thinking person should ever say that he is she could guess the outcome of the draw every day, once or twice a month. If Jeff you me or any other person is spending 300 dollars a month and is not winning should we all say that the game is corrupt no i don't think so it could be that we a just lousy number pickers. trying to out wit a bunch of balls or computers.

And for fact you could buy 500.00 worth of pick 4 numbers for tonights draw and maybe hit a boxed number if your lucky. Chances are they'll draw one of the other 9,500 pick 4 numbers you didn't pick. No matter what it's still a random dvent. Based on what i said you coud do that every night and not hit for months. of course soon you will but at was out of pocket cost chasing numbers is for people who have money to throw away.

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
                            Greenfield
                            United States
                            Member #3587
                            February 2, 2004
                            557 Posts
                            Posted: February 5, 2005, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

If you bought 500 dollars of 24 way combos or boxes you would definantly win. Playing the numbers correctly 500 dollars in combos is 12,000 numbers making it impossible to lose. However you would only win 100 or 200 dollars on a 500 dollar bet. RNG's are not random! We have proof of that here in Indiana. Lets put it this way, I won 200 last March and have not won since. Go figure, 8000.00 in a year spent and havent won for a year. In my book thats impossible. I am off every other day by one on the pic 4 here. Just today on Midday I played 6652 and 2642. You guessed it, the winning number was 6622. Isnt that just ironic. It is impossible to win here. But 1 July the Hoosier Lottery's record profits wont be so rosey when they have to start paying the odds.If you live where there is no RNG you are lucky!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8360 Posts
                              Posted: February 5, 2005, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

my plays in maryland 1313, 3667, 1463, 6301, 5406, 4086, 9860, 1948, 1947, 2791

the winning number was 1988 ball drawing i do this allmost every day also. Miss by one

I didn't say you couldn't win if you played 500 numbers i play my picks 50/50 straight and boxed

and 1 dollar straight. It would cost 24 dollars to combinate a number here in maryland.

Why would you buy numbers and continue to buy numbers knowing the game is rigged.