Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll re: Your state lottery's response

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Have you e-mailed your state lottery with a question?

They respond all of the time [ 16 ]  [42.11%]
They never respond. [ 10 ]  [26.32%]
They respond sometimes. [ 12 ]  [31.58%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 12 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2005, 7:48 am - IP Logged

i e-mailed tennessee last week.still no reply yet

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2005, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear that.

United States
      Member #3676
      February 10, 2004
      425 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2005, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Illinois always responds to me. Sometimes a day sometimes a week.

Baton Rouge, LA
        United States
        Member #4602
        May 7, 2004
        699 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2005, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I've Emailed the Louisiana Lottery once and did get a response that was the answer to my question. However, I don't think the Louisiana Lottery encourages Emails. There are no Email addresses on the website anywhere, nor are there any in their printed literature. What I had to do was send an Email to the postmaster account, which then forwarded it on to someone who could help me, who did respond in a timely manner.

I did once send them a snail mail about how the Powerball Instant Millionaire game show was always pre-empted by the local TV station on which it aired asking if they could look into it. I had my name, address, Email, and phone number in it and got no response at all, not even an acknowlegement of receipt.

Because of the fact they don't have a "Contact Us" Email link on their page, didn't in any way answer my snail mail, and don't have anything on their site about contacting them if you have questions, I don't think the Louisiana Lottery Corporation is very big on customer service for or wants much contact from those who buy the tickets. How they treat the stores which sell the tickets might be another matter, but I can't comment on that since I neither own nor work for one.

In my opinion, it seems like they don't want to hear from players other than for cashing jackpot tickets. That is just my opinion though. If you want to check it out for yourself, go to the Louisiana Lottery homepage at

http://www.lalottery.com

PrisonerSix

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2005, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Maine and RI, and perhaps others, don't have an e-mail address.

Baton Rouge, LA
            United States
            Member #4602
            May 7, 2004
            699 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2005, 4:34 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on April 3, 2005

Maine and RI, and perhaps others, don't have an e-mail address.

That is interesting to know. I've only had two occasions to contact the Louisiana Lottery Corporation, both of which I talked about in my previous post. One time I got an answer and one time I didn't.

The time I got an answer was when I wanted to know about the now defcunct Powerball gameshow. The other states put the dates the names were drawn on their websites and Louisiana did not. I wanted to know when the drawings were held, so I sent an Email to the postmaster@ address and did get a response a few days later. There are no Email addresses or a Contact Us form on the site though.

The Louisiana Lottery also has a regional newsletter about games, winners, etc. It can be accessed on their website at http://www.lalottery.com

PrisonerSix
              Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2005, 1:24 am - IP Logged

Yesterday, IL 4/14 midday Pick 4 draw was interrupted with an unknown "technical difficulty".

I e-mailed them asking for an explanation and below is their response in total:

"It was live, there was a technical difficulty, just like it showed and
              said on the screen
              ."

They did respond within 24 hours but the response was not satisfactory and in fact, somewhat rude. 

I would have appreciated a "Dear Customer" or "we apologize for the inconvenience" or "we appreciate your business", or a signature, or at least a simple explanation of what the problem was. 

The quote you see above from them is exactly what I was e-mailed.  I had the courtesy of signing my name and including my e-mail return address; however the state that I spend $2,000 a year on their lottery does not return that simple courtesy or appreciate my business so I will be opening an account at "guessican'tpostit.com". 

That's why I started this poll.  From what I've read from the responses, most states treat you like a customer.  IL obviously thinks they don't need to.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2005, 1:46 am - IP Logged

customer service is at an all time low in this country,it seems like there aren't any manners left anymore.when a person is selling a product and it has a problem you are supposed to be treated with respect and courtesy,the fact is that it is become a thing of the past in a lot of places,it is here too so i can relate........

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8359 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2005, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Rick they probably receive a thousand negatory phone calls and emails from rude customers every day. It's more like a circus act to them people hounding them and getting nervy because of this and that. They probably also feel like caged animals unable to really respond in the same rude manner as they are aproached countless times by irate customers every day year in and year out, No wonder the underlings are in and out the door. they also might have a high turnover of the lower classisafication jobs.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2005, 10:16 am - IP Logged

four4me,

In this case you are probably right.  The drawing was interrupted suddenly and I would imagine they got a lot of e-mails about it.

A simple courteous form letter "Dear Customer...........Sincerely," response to all those e-mails would have worked.  The e-mail I received was defensive and unprofessional.  If it was my dept., that employee would be pounding the pavement next week.  But because it was not signed and provided no link for follow-up, that employee got away with it.

Poor customer service is just that;  you can't blame all the customers.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                      Member #3676
                      February 10, 2004
                      425 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2005, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Illinois always responds to me but it is always rushed and bothered like you mention. I asked them where they were still selling a scratch off in my area and they told me two places that didnt have them the next day. You can tell that brain surgeons arent manning the email replies.  I was ready to buy a bunch of the 10 buck Merry Millionaire tickets but decided not to now, oh well.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8359 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2005, 11:15 am - IP Logged
                        Your correct Rick customer service is very important. And you should have got the generic reply that most people get from places like that. I have gotten so many generic replies from the lottery and news broadcast persons. That in my first sentence i have to write please respond with a suitable answer and not the generic reply. Sometime they acknowledge my request but many times they don't. When i can't or don't get the right answers back.  I get on the phone especially if the reason for my quest for information is important in some way. At least by using the phone if you ask for the persons name and they give it to you you can report the person if they become rude..
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: April 16, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

i did that and had the person ask why i needed their name,like i was inconveniencing them.......

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8359 Posts
                            Posted: April 16, 2005, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

and you should have politly replied in case we get cut off.

nobody likes anyone being aggressive to them or with them. Not you me or anybody.

Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: April 16, 2005, 5:02 pm - IP Logged