Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Detroit mega Millions

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 12 years ago by keepitreal.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
emma pearl's avatar - yocco
monroe, michigan
United States
Member #321
April 30, 2002
2407 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2005, 1:45 am - IP Logged

I, think you are a bored little boy, you need to find something else to keep your time occupied.  What you said to Todd was very inappropriate.

EP

Pray for world peace.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: February 14, 2005, 2:27 am - IP Logged

this guy IMed me on AIM before. i originally thought it was goose, but it appears he is not. i wonder why he wants to rebuild detroit. it's a good idea, but even with $2 million, it isn't feasable. it takes billions of dollars to rebuild a city. i'm guessing this user has yet to reach double digits in age.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23259 Posts
      Posted: February 14, 2005, 9:52 am - IP Logged

It's really sad about the older cities deteriorating.  At the same time, there are many cities like Charlotte, Atlanta, etc., that are growing very nicely.  The difference between them is not how much money is going into them, it is the people and policies that are running the city.

The cities that are growing have a big pro-business, pro-family, and anti-crime mentality.  Rudy Guiliani was the best teacher of this - turning New York City from decay to prosperity.

keepitreal, if you want to rebuild Detroit, and make it a happy and safe place to live, take interest in who is running the city (ALL the people, not just the mayor), and what their policies are.  Don't support people who are soft on crime, unsupportive of the police, over-taxing big businesses, afraid to tell people to get to work instead of waiting for a handout, blind to homelessness, or most importantly, afraid of unions.  Make sure your tax money is being spent wisely, not being spent to furnish a lavish lifestyle for the politicans and their supporters.

Cities can be rebuilt, but all the money in the world does not help if the people governing the city are not doing things that help the city.  It may seem strange, but the best rebuilding of cities if done with no extra money -- just with strong leadership.  The money flows into the city as the result of all the policies and enforcement that are put into place.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #2448
        October 4, 2003
        25874 Posts
        Posted: February 14, 2005, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Well said TODD!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20101 Posts
          Posted: February 14, 2005, 10:16 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by Todd on February 14, 2005

I'm a rich man?  Well, I guess I wish I were.  Unfortunately, getting within two numbers only got me $150, which can maybe rebuild a mailbox or something.  If I win Mega Millions, the government can use all the tax money they are going to extract from my prize to rebuild New Jersey or Detroit.  The rest rebuilds my own house.

ditto......!    keepitreal, you should'nt be asking other people to help rebuild a city. as you get older and more mature, you should ask yourself "what can i do to help". if you follow this simple guideline, detroit will be a better place to you, and for others...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Litebets27's avatar - power
            Maryland
            United States
            Member #10465
            January 14, 2005
            6065 Posts
            Posted: February 14, 2005, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Lots of luck to you and your father, Keepitreal. Talk to your Politcal Science teacher about ways to get involved with any movements that may be happening in your city to improve it. You may not have to put out a cent to get things started. Businesses may pitch in when they see the enthusiasm building from the citizen in the area toward making improvements in every aspect.

litebets27

Washington,Michigan
              United States
              Member #11416
              February 13, 2005
              594 Posts
              Posted: February 14, 2005, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

I think there going to rebuild it little for super bowl 40 in Detroit. I don't go to school. Well if you get said 5 millions and other people will be like hey I'll give paints. Then other be like hey I'll give 2 by 4...ect. I don't know if you can do this but get a hud home cheap. Then take house down. Then you have a lot. Then sell the lot. Who ever buy it. All they can do is build a home. Todd did you ask who said I was rich? I think it was DoctorEw220 said you was rich.

Washington,Michigan
                United States
                Member #11416
                February 13, 2005
                594 Posts
                Posted: February 14, 2005, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I was trying maybe someone win the jackpot in lottery. That can give money to help fix the dirt road in Detroit areas.

Washington,Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #11416
                  February 13, 2005
                  594 Posts
                  Posted: February 14, 2005, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Bump

Washington,Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #11416
                    February 13, 2005
                    594 Posts
                    Posted: February 14, 2005, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I'll get my dad to maybe buy ticket for Mega Millions this Tuesday.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                      USA
                      United States
                      Member #8242
                      October 29, 2004
                      1133 Posts
                      Posted: February 14, 2005, 7:05 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Sandy K on February 13, 2005

oh boy, another one........how do we get them on here?

lol, or maybe it's a desperate politician having one too many vodka shots

KISS - Detroit Rock City

Washington,Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #11416
                        February 13, 2005
                        594 Posts
                        Posted: February 14, 2005, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Na I like to help out. Lottery is a easy way to get alot of money fast. If you hit jackpot. Then with money to can help rebuild Detroit.

Washington,Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #11416
                          February 13, 2005
                          594 Posts
                          Posted: February 15, 2005, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Anyone going to play this Tuesday Mega Millions?

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #2448
                            October 4, 2003
                            25874 Posts
                            Posted: February 15, 2005, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Detroit getting money to make the city look nice for SuperBowl is disgusting to me.  When I heard this, it reminded me of Athens getting money to improve the cosmetic looks of it's city for the Olympics.  Detroit is going through a horrible financial fallout with enough blame to go around for years.  Giving money to a city with corruption being reported on a daily basis, is only asking for more trouble, especially with a mayor and his wife who love lavish living and continue to get caught up in lie after lie about exorbitant spending. 

What Detroit needs is a wrecking ball.  Now I'd gladly make a contribution to that cause. The surrounding cities and suburbs there have plenty to offer tourists, less the corruption and scandals and hookers.

Washington,Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #11416
                              February 13, 2005
                              594 Posts
                              Posted: February 15, 2005, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Yea but they can do what they can for super bowl but Im thinking after we should get money to help out Detroit.  If someone win big in lottery. I think you should give money alot. If you hit jackpot in lottery. I was thinking I have a idea to help out Detroit and the areas around it. I don't know if you can do this but what about this? Get a house from hud home. How you bid and if you win. You get house. Get a few really cheap. Then take house down and sell the lot. When someone buy it. They can sell it or build a good house. Then that will make area look good.