Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What prize is Lottosync aimed at?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 12 years ago by paul762.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Calgary
Canada
Member #9419
December 7, 2004
228 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2005, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I've read a lot of posts about Guru's Lottosync program and am really wondering what the big deal is.  I'm not a 100% certain but it seems to me that the software is aimed at the 3 number prizes in a lottery, ie. 3/6 prize.  So let's see if I go it right, he says that the last 3 draws are the only ones that matter to his prediction software, correct?  Now, 3 out of 6 numbers come up about 29% of the time in a 6/49 game from the last 3 draws.  You can check this out with Ion Salui's MDIEDIT software if you wish or just go about it the hard way and check back yourself.  Now, essentially, there are a maximum of 18 numbers to choose from the last 3 draws and he's picking 10 of them with his software.  Now of course with a few repeating digits we could easily get down to 14 numbers or so for most draws.   

Anyway the probablility if every draw had 3 numbers from the last 3 draws is basically:

3 in 3 in 18 of 18 = 1

3 in 3 in 14 of 18 = 0.446

3 in 3 in 10 of 18 = 0.147

Now if every draw does not contain 3 numbers, which of course they don't, we multiply 29% to the values above:

1*.29 =  0.29~29%

0.446*.29 = 0.129 ~12.9%

0.147*.29 = 0.0426~4.26%

So essentially, if picking 10 random numbers from the last 3 draws brings us to 4.26% which should be close to random expectation.  I wonder has anyone done any tests on Guru's software to show it is better than picking 10 random numbers from the last 3 draws.  Taking into account that all of us can eliminate a few numbers from the last 3 draws simply by eliminating one of each pair of repeating numbers.  Without getting into the math, I would therefore assume Guru could be getting up to a 10% probability from his software at the most for 3 of 3 with a few other simple filter checks of the previous 3 draws. 

This is of course if his software is based on picking 3 winning numbers from 10 in a pick6 game.  If it operates differently please let me know, I am very curious.  Cause if his software works like I think it works, it really doesn't seem to be doing much predicting.  Thanks.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
    Member #9517
    December 10, 2004
    1271 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2005, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

At the moment it uses only a 3 draw history. See for yourself at http://www.lottosync.com/.

The future version 1.8 I think is meant to use 30 draws.

Calgary
      Canada
      Member #9419
      December 7, 2004
      228 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2005, 1:03 am - IP Logged

ok, I already know it uses a 3 draw history.  Question is....is the software aimed at picking only 3 number prizes and has anyone tested it to see if it actually does better than random expectation?  I don't have it, so I can't test it myself and I'm not about to spend the money on it if someone else who has it can do the testing.  From what I've seen posted about Lottosync's prediction, it pretty much has only got 3 numbers out of 10.  Has anyone got 4 out of 10?  5 out of 10?  I bet not.  Why, just look at any draws data and you'll see that getting 4 or more numbers, the probability gets very large.  4 numbers appears sometimes(6% within 3 draws) but 5(0.8% within 3 draws) and 6(~0 within 3 draws) in 3 draws is next to impossible in terms of probability.   Anyway, I just think that if his software is just taking into account the last 3 draws to draw numbers from, he has next to no chance to get 6 numbers, slim to none to get 5, a low chance to get 4 and probably not much better than you or I choosing 3 random numbers from the 15-18 different numbers from the last 3 draws.

Looking at my calculations I did a bit of miscalculations I believe.  Since we would assume that we could always eliminate a couple repeating numbers, the field would likely be less than 18 numbers on most occasions therefore the probabilities would increase somewhat.  Eg.

3 in 3 in 10 of 16 = 0.214

0.214*.29 = 0.062 ~6.2%

Not a whole lot better, but a little.  Looking at the odds of getting a 3 number prize in a 6/49 game it's something like 1 in 56.  Using Lottosync or just picking from the last 3 draws yourself should increase your probability of getting a 3 number prize to approximately 1 in 16.  So if my calculations are correct, if you are aiming at 3 and 4 number prizes, then for sure Lottosync works, but probably not any better than just choosing at random your 10 numbers from the last 3 draws. 

Shoot maybe I should make a Lottosync and sell it for $150 or whatever Guru sells it for and make some money.  A little bit of VBasic, a little bit of common sense strategy, some pretty numbers, a little popup that says something like 'Predicting Numbers' and....walla......Lottosync Supreme! 

Canada
        Member #2859
        November 23, 2003
        463 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2005, 1:09 am - IP Logged

lottosyncman hit 5/ 10 on canada 649 and i think he got a 5/6 in his wheels.

i used to get 3/10 and 4/10 playing ontario 49

i got 8/10 and 7's/10 in keno - note that the program was not designed for high number keno games, i'm thinking 1.8 will fix that !

langley b.c.
          Canada
          Member #3313
          January 10, 2004
          155 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2005, 1:43 am - IP Logged

thats right back in nov 2003 i hit 5 numbers in my group of 10 unfortunately it only gave me 4 number prizes! i used lottosync1.6 at that time it has only happened once though

Calgary
            Canada
            Member #9419
            December 7, 2004
            228 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2005, 2:05 am - IP Logged

I didn't say it was impossible to get 5 numbers just very unlikely.  If you look in any data set of a 6/49 game, you'll see that getting all 5 numbers from the past 3 draws does happen, but on the order of 1 in 125 draws or so.  However, I haven't seen all 6 numbers in the previous 3 draws in any of my data for the 6/49 games in Canada.  Which I assume would be the same for most everyone else's 6/49 game.  Anyway, think about it you said yourself that you've seen 1 set of 5 numbers come up in what 1.5 years.  Have you ever seen 6 numbers come up?  I bet you likely never will.  I just want to know what the big deal about Lottosync is, cause I just don't see it.  Really, the software is doing little if anything more than picking at random 10 numbers from the previous 3 draws.  Anybody could do that on their own and get the same result without spending the money on Lottosync.  Just an aside note....if you pick numbers from the last 4 draws only, approximately once every 500 draws or so you'll get all 6 numbers in a field of less than 24(likely 18-20) numbers in a 6/49 game.  However, using just the last 3 draws, it is almost impossible that the dvent will occur and you will never be in the running for the top prize.   

Canada
              Member #2859
              November 23, 2003
              463 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2005, 2:39 am - IP Logged

that's why were waiting for 1.8, the previous versions had certain bugs, but even with those bugs people were hitting. Winning the top prize is gunna take ALOT of luck, with any kinda system or software, personally i never aim for the jackpot, i set my sights lower, for example, if i can get lottosycn to get me 8/10's and 7/10's in keno, then if i wheel the sets in 6's and 8's i have a good chance of hitting the $1000 and $25,000 prizes. I have already hit the $1000 using this method.

i did do a test vrs random sets while playing the ontario 49 and found lottosynch to be above average. i can't do a keno vrs random because the program isn't really setup for keno.

now i also use gail howard's program for stats and have also won money with that. i was just looking at some of the ontario 49 stats and found one recent 10 number set woulda hit 5+B.

basically if i like the system or software i buy it and play with it.

Goodluck

Belgium
                Member #2220
                September 2, 2003
                553 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2005, 2:55 am - IP Logged

Xavier:

Lottosync does not select it's numbers just from the last 3 draws. It also selects probable numbers that do not occur in the last three draws.

Those last three draws are just the guideline for lottosync to make the prediction.

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                  Member #3002
                  December 11, 2003
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2005, 9:12 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by xavier102772 on March 1, 2005

I've read a lot of posts about Guru's Lottosync program and am really wondering what the big deal is.  I'm not a 100% certain but it seems to me that the software is aimed at the 3 number prizes in a lottery, ie. 3/6 prize.  So let's see if I go it right, he says that the last 3 draws are the only ones that matter to his prediction software, correct?  Now, 3 out of 6 numbers come up about 29% of the time in a 6/49 game from the last 3 draws.  You can check this out with Ion Salui's MDIEDIT software if you wish or just go about it the hard way and check back yourself.  Now, essentially, there are a maximum of 18 numbers to choose from the last 3 draws and he's picking 10 of them with his software.  Now of course with a few repeating digits we could easily get down to 14 numbers or so for most draws.   

Anyway the probablility if every draw had 3 numbers from the last 3 draws is basically:

3 in 3 in 18 of 18 = 1

3 in 3 in 14 of 18 = 0.446

3 in 3 in 10 of 18 = 0.147

Now if every draw does not contain 3 numbers, which of course they don't, we multiply 29% to the values above:

1*.29 =  0.29~29%

0.446*.29 = 0.129 ~12.9%

0.147*.29 = 0.0426~4.26%

So essentially, if picking 10 random numbers from the last 3 draws brings us to 4.26% which should be close to random expectation.  I wonder has anyone done any tests on Guru's software to show it is better than picking 10 random numbers from the last 3 draws.  Taking into account that all of us can eliminate a few numbers from the last 3 draws simply by eliminating one of each pair of repeating numbers.  Without getting into the math, I would therefore assume Guru could be getting up to a 10% probability from his software at the most for 3 of 3 with a few other simple filter checks of the previous 3 draws. 

This is of course if his software is based on picking 3 winning numbers from 10 in a pick6 game.  If it operates differently please let me know, I am very curious.  Cause if his software works like I think it works, it really doesn't seem to be doing much predicting.  Thanks.

1.8 is supposed to pick 3 from 6 numbers 40% of the time in a 42 number draw and with the new development it could be better than that - apparently !
                    Calgary
                    Canada
                    Member #9419
                    December 7, 2004
                    228 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2005, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the bit of information, but still my point has been missed I think.  I know the software is going to be better than "average".  I think I've already established that fact.  But is it really any better than simply applying the strategy I outlined above?  Also, if somebody thinks it is, please show us the proof, meaning lottery, data set, calculations and Lottosync predictions against actual draws. 

Vick:

On a side note, how are you using it to pick Keno...I'm not very familiar with Keno?

Paul/Guru:

If 1.8 is supposed to pick 3 from 6, 40% of the time what does that mean?  Is that a real 40%, probably not.  Think about it, if it did predict like that then why would Guru sell it?  3 from 6 is one ticket right.....so let's say $1.  He plays 10 draws at $1 each and wins 4 times, even 3 times let's say.  So, if the 3 number prize is $10 and he's won 3-4 times, he's profited $20-30 or 200-300%.  If he's done that, if I were him I'd be playing it myself and already be a millionaire.  And do you think I'd be giving it out to everybody.....hmmmm, let me think.....nope.  So Guru, do you have the millions yet, probably not?  Anway, if Guru could perhaps clarify this that would be great.  Thanks.

Canada
                      Member #2859
                      November 23, 2003
                      463 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

i already told you i compared random sets in ontario 49 with it and lottosycn was beating the random average! random of the last 3 or last 10 or any draws is still random !!

You really have to buy the program to see why it wasn't meant for keno. At least do some leg work and search the boards here for the info.

The program doesn't give the exact same sets predicted everytime, so even if alot of people have the program their sets will be different. Xavier do you own any lottery programs? what do you use for stats? an excel spreadsheet etc? how do you pick your numbers quickpick for canada 649 etc?

Goodluck

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19813 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2005, 1:29 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by xavier102772 on March 2, 2005

ok, I already know it uses a 3 draw history.  Question is....is the software aimed at picking only 3 number prizes and has anyone tested it to see if it actually does better than random expectation? 

I checked OhioSuperLottoPlus 479 draws and in 475 drawings using the previous 3 drawings there were pools of 12-18 numbers and those pools contained the following:

all six winning numbers 2 times
                        5 winning numbers 5 times
                        4 winning numbers 39 times
                        3 winning numbers 97 times
                        2 winning numbers 155 times
                        1 winning number 145 times
                        0 winning numbers 32 times

So it is possible to pick all six winning numbers from the previous 3 drawing, but it's slim pickings because all the winning numbers just aren't there 99% of the time.  Maybe other 649 games behave differently than the Ohio 649, but I doubt it.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Canada
                          Member #8436
                          November 5, 2004
                          17 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2005, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Xavier:

If the software is unable to produce 6# matches in tests it isn't worth your time or money. You are going to end up chasing the lower prizes and never 'really' win.

I personally don't believe in black box software. It's made for gamblers; not players.

Calgary
                            Canada
                            Member #9419
                            December 7, 2004
                            228 Posts
                            Posted: March 2, 2005, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Yep, good stuff RJOH.  You are correct.  That's pretty much the same as what I got from the 6/49 in Canada.  I think you may know where I'm coming from here.  Perhaps I wasn't very clear to others about what I'm trying to get at, so here it is again:

1.  I know Lottosync is better than picking 10 random numbers out of 49.

2.  I know the basis of the software is looking at the previous 3 draws to choose 10.

3.  I know the odds of getting a 3 of 6 prize in a 6/49 game is 1 in 56.  And I know that by using only the last 3 fraws as your pool of numbers that you have a 1 in 16 chance of getting a 3 number prize. This is by choosing at random 10 numbers out of the max possible numbers in the 3 previous draws of 18. 

4.  Therefore I also know that there is also a higher chance to get more numbers as well.  IE. 4, 5, and very rarely 6.

5.  What I don't know is if the Lottosync software increases the probability greater than what I've already calculated.  And no, 'better than average' is not a calculation.  I already know it is better than average, I have already calculated it.  I want to know if it is better than choosing 10 random numbers from the previous 3 draws of 18 numbers?  A simple test for anyone with the software would be to run Lottosync 100 times and see how many times it gets 3 out of 10 numbers correct.  For this test to be fair of course you would have to update the draw every time to account for the ~29% of draws that have the 3 numbers from the previous 3 draws. 

3 in 3 in 10 of 18 = 0.147*0.29 = 0.04263 ~4.26%

3 in 3 in 10 of 12 = 0.545*0.29 = 0.158 ~15.8%

Anyway, choosing from a pool of 12-18 numbers yeild probabilities from 4.26-15.8%.  The average would likely be around 10%.  So, is Lottosync hitting 3 numbers better than 10% of the time?  And if it is/isn't, what is the percentage?   This is what I want to know. 

And, yes I have done a lot of searching and I can't seem to find anything that tells me it is any better than using the strategy I just outlined.  IE. Picking only numbers from the last 3 draws.  Other questions answered:  of course everybody is gonna have a different set of numbers, it's choosing them basically at random; I have bought programs and have programs, almost all of which are useless except for maintaining the data of previous draws......well all except for Ion's software.  As for stats I use a lot of Ion's software....you can check out what I'm talking about with his MDIEDITWE program if you're interested.  Right now I play the Western 6/49 in Canada and the Pick3.  As for picking numbers, I'm working on a strategy based upon missing decades of numbers in the draw history.  That's not done yet, so for now I just use randomly generated combinations from MDIEDITWE or Pick632, however only choosing numbers above 19, so 20+. 

langley b.c.
                              Canada
                              Member #3313
                              January 10, 2004
                              155 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2005, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

everybody seems to be missing gurus point here is that lottosync uses the last 3 draws as a guide to project what might happen in the future it usues all the 49 numbers as potential winners and then gives the most probable 10 numbers