Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

mega millions and powerball jackpot poll

Topic closed. 68 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

do you think mega millions or powerball jackpot will ever reach 500 million?

yes [ 31 ]  [43.66%]
no [ 26 ]  [36.62%]
maybe [ 14 ]  [19.72%]
Total Valid Votes [ 71 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Redmond WA
United States
Member #5966
July 29, 2004
71 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2005, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I think that if Florida joins MM there is a good chance of $500 million or more.

As for it being to much money for one person just tell Bill Gates that you think he has to much money.

You can always give the members on this site the money you don't know what to do with or maybe install some early warning system for the entire state of West Virginia to let people know that Jack Whittaker is in his Hummer and to take cover.

Don't be afraid of to much money. 

You get in life what you settle for. 

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
    USA
    United States
    Member #8242
    October 29, 2004
    1133 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by MPJO on April 16, 2005

As for it being to much money for one person just tell Bill Gates that you think he has to much money.

Don't be afraid of to much money. 

It's kinda ironic when people talk of "winning too much money". This is the USA; a country of abundance. Also, they play the lottery, and find it negative winning too much money. As for people like J.Whitaker, that's not my fault.
      Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2005, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

The money you win from a jackpot is never too much for you, only what others win.

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
        Queens, NY
        United States
        Member #245
        April 15, 2002
        451 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2005, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

If I recall correctly, when NY joined Mega Millions it was predicted there would be a 500 million dollar jackpot. Didn't we reach over close to or over  300 million a few years back? In life all things are possible. Let's see what happens when California joins.

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2005, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I suspect in a year they're going to be hard pressed to go more than two draws without someone winning.  On both MM and PB.  You guys are just getting toooooo good.

Jack

USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2005, 8:10 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by megamillionaire on April 16, 2005

If I recall correctly, when NY joined Mega Millions it was predicted there would be a 500 million dollar jackpot. Didn't we reach over close to or over  300 million a few years back? In life all things are possible. Let's see what happens when California joins.

You recall correctly. Mega Millions awarded a $363 million jackpot in May 2002.

But if $500 million was predicted when NY joined, it never happened... not even over $400 million. After CA joins, I predict jackpots no higher than $400 million... and if it does happen, not more than once.

Queens, NY
              United States
              Member #245
              April 15, 2002
              451 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2005, 8:46 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on April 16, 2005

I suspect in a year they're going to be hard pressed to go more than two draws without someone winning.  On both MM and PB.  You guys are just getting toooooo good.

Jack

Power ball has already said they're going to change their format to raise the odds and make it harder to win which will allow the jackpots to go higher. The changes talked about by the Mega Million folks will probably so the same for Mega Millions

Megamillionaire

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2005, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

lets just hope they don't keep on and on raising matrixes everytime we have a string of winners.........isn't that what the game is about.....to win????

Queens, NY
                  United States
                  Member #245
                  April 15, 2002
                  451 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2005, 9:28 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on April 16, 2005

lets just hope they don't keep on and on raising matrixes everytime we have a string of winners.........isn't that what the game is about.....to win????

The new Mega Million matrix will be 5 of 56 plus 1 of 46 and the odds rise to 175,711,536 to 1. This is from a Mega Million subcription player from Illinois. He says they sent him an email telling him that he will have to change his picks by June 24th which is the day California joins and the rules change.

Megamillionaire

USA
                    United States
                    Member #8242
                    October 29, 2004
                    1133 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2005, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

I hope the same too.

I suspect they have a profit-quota. I dislike that they raise the matrix, but when I think about how it's really a business (although they advertise it's a game), I kinda can't blame them, no matter how f_cked up it is for us players.

They should just realize we're not gonna be winning on a consistent basis forever, so they should "keep their panties on", and not raise the matrix so quickly. I bet they still make a profit if we hit em consistently, but oh nooo they need to make a certain killing from our pockets!

Am I pissed? Oops

Queens, NY
                      United States
                      Member #245
                      April 15, 2002
                      451 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2005, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I suspect they have a profit-quota. I dislike that they raise the matrix, but when I think about how it's really a business (although they advertise it's a game), I kinda can't blame them, no matter how f_cked up it is for us players.

It's not a business it's a TAX. The States are getting money from you to pay for schools and other things by having the lotteries. It's not new The Revolutionary war was paid for with lotteries. Since they don't call it as tax and some folks win money you/we don't mind paying it.

Megamillionaire

USA
                        United States
                        Member #8242
                        October 29, 2004
                        1133 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2005, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I know about the tax label and how the Revolutionary War was paid for with lotteries.

One definition of tax is "excessive demand."

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: April 18, 2005, 6:22 am - IP Logged

i wish taxes didn't exist!  but its a neccesary evil....

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #2338
                            September 17, 2003
                            2063 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2005, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Well if kbcherokee wins the first mega pot to hit 500 million I expect tickets to go to a big powwow in Virginia

Morrison, IL
                              United States
                              Member #4657
                              May 13, 2004
                              1884 Posts
                              Posted: April 19, 2005, 9:47 am - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on April 16, 2005

I hope the same too.

They should just realize we're not gonna be winning on a consistent basis forever, so they should "keep their panties on", and not raise the matrix so quickly. I bet they still make a profit if we hit em consistently, but oh nooo they need to make a certain killing from our pockets!

Am I pissed? Oops

Mega Millions isn't being won on a consistent basis and they're still decreasing the chances of winning.