Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Test the NEW Lottery Post Web Site!

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MegaHopeful.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23352 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2005, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

By the way, I typed this message using Internet Explorer 5.12 for the Macintosh, for Mac users who may be interested. It does not show the nice editor, but there is a plain text area to type in.

I am surprised that new new site doesn't look all that bad in IE for Mac. I was expecting a lot worse. It's glitchy, but highly readable.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5143 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2005, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

SUPER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SITE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!

Better than..........................SNUFF............smoother than........COKE!!!!!!!

Thanks,

PSYKOMO

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8393 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2005, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Todd i read your post to me about the stuff we are working with. let me try and explain what i mean by copy and paste prob. BTw i am using the new editor now.

What i wrote below came from me typing in an email and pasting it here

sometimes here's what i do... i copy Dave's astrological charts to an email. With the old editor i was able make changes to his post without changing any of Aol's mail settings I could edit his post change colors etc.

With the new editor i can't edit his post without changing my mail setting. So i figure it's just that the code is different in the new editor. I'm not having a problem with this it's just that the new editor's format must somehow be different than the old editor and the copy and paste functions work ok back and forth. it's just on my end that i have to change my email setting now. What i can only describe as plain text to html and html to plain text. Once i do that on my end everything is normal. Don't let this little problem bother you i can deal with it.

I toggled my pop ups and am allowing this site now i can use the color function. Thank's for that tip.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2005, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Where are the astrological charts coming from?  (I know they're from Dave - how is he sending them to you?)

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8393 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2005, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

I copy them off the mystical forum then put them in a email this is from the old editor i can edit this post in my email without doing anything to my email settings.

Sun in Taurus                        7                        

Moon in Pisces          3            8                                                                 

Day Planet - Mars  1 - 8      6 - 3

231 - 238 - 236 - 233 - 281 - 288 - 286 - 731 - 738 - 736 - 733 - 781 - 788 - 786

2318 - 2316 - 2313 - 2386 - 2383 - 2363 -2818 - 2816 - 2886 - 2883 - 2863 - 7318 - 7316 - 7313 - 7386 - 7383 - 7363 - 7818 - 7816 - 7886 - 7883 - 7863 

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1279 Posts
            Posted: May 3, 2005, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

This is a test post from the newsite

Test of some bold text.

test of a table:

Test of Edit: I am using Firefox.

Did everything go OK during your test?  Lucky noticed that Center and Right-Align are not working.  I need to find out why.

I encountered no problems while using it.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23352 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2005, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I copy them off the mystical forum then put them in a email this is from the old editor i can edit this post in my email without doing anything to my email settings.

231 - 238 - 236 - 233 - 281 - 288 - 286 - 731 - 738 - 736 - 733 - 781 - 788 - 786

2318 - 2316 - 2313 - 2386 - 2383 - 2363 -2818 - 2816 - 2886 - 2883 - 2863 - 7318 - 7316 - 7313 - 7386 - 7383 - 7363 - 7818 - 7816 - 7886 - 7883 - 7863 

Why not just paste them directly into the new editor?  Why put them into e-mail first?

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                Mid-Missouri
                United States
                Member #644
                August 31, 2002
                4271 Posts
                Posted: May 3, 2005, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd,

I tried to make a post to the Lottery Discussion board and it kept refreshing on me and then my text would disappear and it would replace it with a copy of the page I was viewing in the reply box. Any thoughts? I was in the thread "defunct games".

Thanks,

Bryan  :)

P.S. I think it was telling me I need to learn how to type faster. LOL!

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23352 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Bryan,

Thanks for the feedback.  I am not experiencing the problem you are describing, but I assume it's happening because a JavaScript instruction is not being interpreted correctly by your browser (that would not be surprising, given the number of buggy browsers out there).  I have reversed the logic of the refresh code, so that hopefully even if your browser doesn't interpret the JavaScript correctly, it will not refresh that page.

Can you please try again?  (Leave the browser on that page for at least 5 minutes to be sure it doesn't refresh.)

Thanks!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8393 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2005, 12:41 am - IP Logged

Ok Todd look at the post you quoted from my post about Libra's Daves astrology numbers see the numbers 2-3-1-8 in green. in the upper left. Notice how they changed size when you quoted it. Well its those numbers that i can't edit when i put them in an email. From the new version of lottery post. When i copy them from the old version i can edite anything i copy from it without having to change my mail settings

you wrote: Why not just paste them directly into the new editor?  Why put them into e-mail first?

They aren't my numbers they are his. I copy them from the forum and paste them to an email edit them print them and then send it to myself. You had asked if we encountered any problems. And all i'm saying is. I can usually paste stuff from lottery post into an aol email and edit it without any changes having to be made in my mail settings. With the new editor i copied Daves numbers from the lottery post forum just like i have been doing for months and i can't edit it without changing his text to plain text and back to html.

Now this could be the because his format he uses to paste into the mystical forum is different or coded differently in the new lottery post. I don't know.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23352 Posts
                      Posted: May 4, 2005, 1:18 am - IP Logged

four4me,

I'm not seeing a difference between the original text and the text I quoted.  I sent you a PM, so we can discuss in greater depth and figure this thing out.

I appreciate your help!

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                        Mid-Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #644
                        August 31, 2002
                        4271 Posts
                        Posted: May 4, 2005, 2:44 am - IP Logged

Todd,

Whatever you did for the refresh problem worked. I had no problems after that. You mentioned buggy browsers but I'm using I.E.

Thanks,

Bryan  :)

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8393 Posts
                          Posted: May 4, 2005, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Todd the size of the numerals in green have changed since i posted them and you quoted then i just copied them and pasted them here so you wouldn't have to go back and take a look. Shouldn't anything being copied and pasted remain the same size. This stuff is on page four of this post. These numbers posted the same size now but on page four they changed size the green numbers. Were as big as the numbers in black........Man this is weird now they are a different size . Have no color and are oppisite in size from what i just posted.   

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23352 Posts
                            Posted: May 4, 2005, 8:11 am - IP Logged

Todd the size of the numerals in green have changed since i posted them and you quoted then i just copied them and pasted them here so you wouldn't have to go back and take a look. Shouldn't anything being copied and pasted remain the same size. This stuff is on page four of this post. These numbers posted the same size now but on page four they changed size the green numbers. Were as big as the numbers in black........Man this is weird now they are a different size . Have no color and are oppisite in size from what i just posted.   

If you copy text that was posted using the OLD editor, then you will get unpredictable results, because the old editor did not sanitize the output.  This problem will vanish once we cutover to the new site completely, because you will no longer be copying text that was pasted with the old editor.

By the way, I think your AOL browser is affecting the text in these copy/paste excercises.  Between the two of us, the text has only changed when your browser was used for the paste.  But the point is moot anyway, because it's a problem that will eventually fix itself.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8393 Posts
                              Posted: May 4, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Todd ok if you say so it's still weird that every one of the posts about this has a different look small numbers, large numbers color,,, no color.  At 54 yrs of age i still find i learn new stuff every day. Funny thing is being able to differentiate what is worth holding on to and whats needed to throw away. I'll stop buggin you about this.

I have other problems like i have clicked track this topic and other topics and i'm not getting email comformations when someone  posts to them. So i'll be working on trying to fix that. I haven't got one email notification about a post from either site since i clicked on the link to the new site. Same with the pm's i haven't received any notice that you read them. Of cource i know you have because you replied to them.

I'm almost afraid to log off and back onto the site for fear of losing the link alltogether and having to go throught the same ritual i did the last time you made changes to the site. It seems that for whatever reason Aol is not compliant with some things going on between the two browsers. I'm not trying to be a pain this is just what's happening and i'm working through it. Remember the last time you had to contact AOL because of a similar problem. I have to leave home for a while but will be back this afternoon to get things straightened out. Thank's for your support.