Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Test the NEW Lottery Post Web Site!

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MegaHopeful.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23352 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2005, 10:57 am - IP Logged

AOL's e-mail servers are currently blocking a lot of LP's e-mail because they are identifying it as spam.  You can blame your fellow AOL users who report our e-mail as spam, but do not blame the new website for that.  You can also blame the absolutely horrendous AOL e-mail people, who make sending e-mail to AOL users an utter nightmare.  I do not take responsibility for their failures.  I can only control what I control.

If you want to find any of the messages you are tracking -- even if your e-mail is not working -- you can see all your subscribed messages by clicking Manage Subscriptions in the Control Panel menu.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3351 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Totally awesome!!!  Love it, love it, love it!!  Jumped in yesterday to the new editor and wondered if IE had some sort of glitch because I've not seen an editor like that before.  You've outdone yourself once again!  Thank you, Todd!! 

Good luck to everyone!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8395 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2005, 11:15 am - IP Logged

See i knew youd take that the wrong way. I am not having any problems with aol mail i have been using aol for umteen years. Mostly without any problems. Once in a great while i have had some problems. All aol users have to do to receive emails or notices from other sites is click add this address to their mail box. Aol isn't the only isp using spam controles. So is every other isp.

As for navagating this site i can handle just about anything that comes along has to be done or fix most problems.

You have two tags about the new code at the right hand bottom of this page on different ocasions the are stationary when i load this page on other ocasions they are traped in the right hand column somewhere or hovering in the middle of the right hand column between some link to a post or prediction or blog. Now it was you that asked if we were experiancing any problems. And i am not trying to find things wrong. Just relating what i am experiancing. I was a computer milling machinist CNC i know a little about computer problems and things that can go wrong. I have ability to fix and correct almost any problem computer related either without or with surpervision . Just because other people arent ringing in there problems if any dosen't mean they aren't having any. Be back later buddy have to go to VA Hospital for a check up.

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2005, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by konane on May 4, 2005

Totally awesome!!!  Love it, love it, love it!!  Jumped in yesterday to the new editor and wondered if IE had some sort of glitch because I've not seen an editor like that before.  You've outdone yourself once again!  Thank you, Todd!! 

Thanks Konane!!  Glad to hear you're enjoying the new site, let me know if you find anything not working up to speed! 

Skony1's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
          Streetsboro, Ohio
          United States
          Member #1163
          February 20, 2003
          5981 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd, Awesome work..........................Skony

Rome
            Italy
            Member #14832
            May 4, 2005
            5 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2005, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Well I am using Windows XP and Moox M3 Firefox 1.0.3... the font controls don't work very well... I had

to edit the html directly to make a post look the way I wanted!! 

The editor is making the line spacing look like 1.5 or 2 whenever I do use enter to go for the new line.

And sometimes the cursor starts at the second character/column not at the first! 

Other than that everything seems to be working fine... can I ask which WYSIWYG editor are you using?

May I add that adding a preview button and perhaps the possibility of selecting which text to quote

would be nice additions...

Just me here....

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23352 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2005, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Well I am using Windows XP and Moox M3 Firefox 1.0.3... the font controls don't work very well... I had

to edit the html directly to make a post look the way I wanted!! 

The editor is making the line spacing look like 1.5 or 2 whenever I do use enter to go for the new line.

And sometimes the cursor starts at the second character/column not at the first! 

Other than that everything seems to be working fine... can I ask which WYSIWYG editor are you using?

May I add that adding a preview button and perhaps the possibility of selecting which text to quote

would be nice additions...

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll try to address your points:

1. First, as a Firefox user, you have never been able to use a rich text editor at LP before this, so it's going to be an adjustment for you.  (Firefox users only had the plain text editor available to them - you had to be an IE user to get the rich text editor.)  Most Firefox users will welcome the new editor with eager, open arms, but naturally some people are resistant to change.  There's not really too much I can do about that.

2. The spacing between the paragraphs is the same as with the old rich text editor.  Again, you have not experienced this because you use Firefox (not IE).  If you want to only skip down one line, you need to press Ctrl-Enter - something IE users have been doing all along.

3. I believe you're under the impression that it's sometimes starting 1 line down because of the paragraph padding, but it is not.  Again, something you'll need to adjust to.

4. The Preview button is exactly where it appears in Microsoft Office applications, which is the design model for my toolbars.  You are used to seeing a preview button at the bottom of the plain text editor page, so naturally the new position does not "feel" right, but it's purposely placed where it is.

5. Selecting which text to quote is going to be a future enhancement.  There are many reasons why it is the way it is right now, but you will get more options for it in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback.  Sorry that I don't seem to be helping much, but most of your feedback is natural for someone who has not yet been exposed to the LP rich text editor.  Most people here have never even seen the editor that Firefox users see, becuase something like 95% of the members use IE.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31546 Posts
                Posted: May 5, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

pc keeps freezing on new site  em

love to nibble those micey feet.

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23352 Posts
                  Posted: May 5, 2005, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

pc keeps freezing on new site  em

Can you give me some more info to go on?

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31546 Posts
                    Posted: May 5, 2005, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

only happens when i press "last message arrow" on a post

love to nibble those micey feet.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23352 Posts
                      Posted: May 5, 2005, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Interesting, are you using AOL?  If not, can you give me a rundown of what you're using?  (If you would rather send thru PM, that's fine.)

MegaHopeful's avatar - Get a_Life_by_Alexndria.gif
                        Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #11896
                        February 27, 2005
                        4 Posts
                        Posted: May 5, 2005, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Just curious.  Why hasn't the Powerball Drawing information been updated?