Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Math and The Lottery

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BuzzsawAnn.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Is Standard Numerical Analysis Enough?

It's the only sure method [ 9 ]  [9.68%]
It gets you part way there [ 41 ]  [44.09%]
It's comes up short [ 19 ]  [20.43%]
I'm still working on it [ 24 ]  [25.81%]
Total Valid Votes [ 93 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 37 ]  
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19828 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2005, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

John,

As I mentioned in my earlier post even being able to improve their odds by 40% during 65% of the drawings doesn't interest the average lottery player but it would be interesting to have software available that would look for such long term scenarios and display the percent of improvement, it might come in handy for pool players.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Amsterdam
    Netherlands
    Member #17942
    June 30, 2005
    25 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2005, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I am a relative beginner in the lottery (6 months). I came up with the following patterns, along with hot, average, cold, high/low numbers and ball positioning. Please allow me to elaborate:

Dutch lottery (6/45 - you can also play 5/45, thus avoiding the bonus ball and the colour, an additional feature here..)

15 - 24 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 37 (14)

2 - 9 - 19 - 37 - 44 - 45 (33)

I found that the previous 2 numbers added and/or deducted are strong indicators: in both instances 14 and 25 lead to ..9 (9 and 19 in the next draw). 19 was an average number during the past 10 draws, 9 was cold. Both can also be derived from 30 (..9) 2 can be derived from 31, 32 and the reverse from 15 (51) and 14 (41). 2 was a hot number during the past 10 draws. 37 I didnt foresee, it repeated for the 4th time(!). 44 and 45 can be derived from the bonus ball (also an important indicator I found), both are hot numbers, and can also be derived from 15 and 24. Both numbers are also logic in terms of ball positioning (instead of for instance 4 and 5). Also, if you deduct 32 from 37, this leads to 45 (last digit 5). What do you think of my laymen analysis? Try it out some time. I am going to play a GH wheel with 26 numbers and 1 key number, I will keep you posted.

United States
      Member #1759
      June 29, 2003
      1156 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2005, 2:06 am - IP Logged

I have the "BEST" Lottery Software for playing the Daily and Lotto games all I need now is too perfect my number selection skills.Number selection is the Key once you conquer that your well on your way too a jackpot,using software just requires good knowledge of filtering and knowing which programs are the best too use.I'm an excellent filter user and currently own some of the best programs on the market  "Lottery Director","Lotto-Architect","Lotto-Hat","LS2004" and Gail Howards "Advantage Plus".For the Pick-3/4  "P34Lotto","Lotto-Matrix 3","Lotto-Man"  "Versabet 3/4" and "Profilter 3"   

perth western australia
        Australia
        Member #18099
        July 5, 2005
        17 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2005, 6:27 am - IP Logged

maybe Pick 4 master can help me here. We have a lottery here that plays up to 14 winning numbers in a draw- Im after some software that can help me store the winning numbers and help track some trends u need 7 numbers to get a prize and when you get 14 numbers the prize payout is low.

Im also after 7 number wheels abbreviated and filtered,

can u help me Pick-4-master???????????

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: July 19, 2005, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

For your Australian Lottery game and 7 number wheels check out  www.smartluck.com  www.ldir.com and www.lottoarchitect.com I'm quite sure you'll find what you need and be able too decide which software is the best for you.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Nova Scotia
            Canada
            Member #9934
            December 27, 2004
            884 Posts
            Posted: July 19, 2005, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I am a relative beginner in the lottery (6 months). I came up with the following patterns, along with hot, average, cold, high/low numbers and ball positioning. Please allow me to elaborate:

Dutch lottery (6/45 - you can also play 5/45, thus avoiding the bonus ball and the colour, an additional feature here..)

15 - 24 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 37 (14)

2 - 9 - 19 - 37 - 44 - 45 (33)

I found that the previous 2 numbers added and/or deducted are strong indicators: in both instances 14 and 25 lead to ..9 (9 and 19 in the next draw). 19 was an average number during the past 10 draws, 9 was cold. Both can also be derived from 30 (..9) 2 can be derived from 31, 32 and the reverse from 15 (51) and 14 (41). 2 was a hot number during the past 10 draws. 37 I didnt foresee, it repeated for the 4th time(!). 44 and 45 can be derived from the bonus ball (also an important indicator I found), both are hot numbers, and can also be derived from 15 and 24. Both numbers are also logic in terms of ball positioning (instead of for instance 4 and 5). Also, if you deduct 32 from 37, this leads to 45 (last digit 5). What do you think of my laymen analysis? Try it out some time. I am going to play a GH wheel with 26 numbers and 1 key number, I will keep you posted.

Mouche,

Were those combinations you listed  above already called in the  Dutch lottery or could people try them for any lottery?

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: August 5, 2005, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I usually pick my own numbers based upon frequency and hot/cold situations.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23267 Posts
                Posted: August 5, 2005, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I usually pick my own numbers based upon frequency and hot/cold situations.

This is a very good example of what I'm talking about with one-sentence responses.  It basically says nothing at all, because the words "frequency" and "hot/cold situations" are so generic that no one has any idea how you select your numbers.

If you want to say how you pick your numbers, then put together a real post describing how you do it.

If you just want to post something general in nature that really doesn't say anything at all, then please don't bother to post it -- or post it in your blog.

As I said in my post in the Discussion forum, sorry if this offends you, but I am through with the one-sentence posts.

Here's a link to the post in case you didn't see it:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/117693

In the past when I have posted messages to you, you chose to ignore them and not respond to me.  Are you going to do that again, or will you engage in some kind of thoughtful dialog?

Also, notice how I put my thoughts together in a substantial manner, rather than just one sentence?  That's what we do here:  we discuss things.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23267 Posts
                  Posted: August 5, 2005, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Just what I expected.  No reply from Just6ntlc.  Every time I ask Just6ntlc anything, I never get a reply.

It's kind of rude, and I do file these things in the back of my mind.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23267 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Still no answer.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2005, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Todd, if people are interested enough to post something anywhere, they should also re-check those threads, just in case somebody responds to their post.

But some people post and forget.

I try to keep track of posts in which I post anything, just in case anybody says anything to me.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23267 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2005, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

He did not forget.  He is just purposely not posting, and I'll make it a point to remind him.  When he posts in another thread, I'll post a link back to this one, until he finally answers.  I have finally had enough, and I won't accept rudeness anymore.

United States
                          Member #16612
                          June 2, 2005
                          3493 Posts
                          Posted: August 24, 2005, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Listen up Todd. I have my response. The reason I'm doing fewer one sentence material because I want to respect your rules, but also clutter is one of my weaknesses. When I do a topic or respond to thread, I'm explaining in full detail with 2+ sentences and 2+ lines. The example of the math and the lottery, I only pick my numbers based upon what I think will be the next numbers and/or what my dad thinks.

Whitwell, TN
                            United States
                            Member #5461
                            July 5, 2004
                            56 Posts
                            Posted: September 8, 2005, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't use a math system because I don't know how.  However I play the same numbers no matter what state I'm in, and just to spice it up I buy one QP.  Remember if you play more than one set of numbers though you are betting aginst yourself. 

PartyAs my name says I'm Destinedtowin.

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                              Riverside, Ca
                              United States
                              Member #21722
                              September 14, 2005
                              173 Posts
                              Posted: September 15, 2005, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

if you think about it math has nothing to do with lottery, sure doing the math might tell you what has a better chance of comming up but really when you think about it how can math help you win something that is random? all it takes to win the lottery is luck. Smiley