Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are Secrets Really Worth Keeping?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 11 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2005, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Given the fact that there are so many games in so many states, and the fact that nobody seems to be winning constantly--Why keep secret the method they're working on? Unless your using as part of a software package you intend to sell, It doesn't make sense to me. On the other hand, isn't a win-win situation to put all the cards out on the table. The LP members may get new ideas, while the originator may find out that its been done before(and does/doesn't work), or maybe readily get what he or she wants (from another member), rather than wasting time for something that has already been created.

Any thoughts?

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

kdsjeter's avatar - lion
    Crofton, MD
    United States
    Member #15377
    May 14, 2005
    29 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2005, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

There are no fool-proof systems out their in my opinion.  The system that may work today, is no good tomorrow. 

People who withold their "secrets" tend to be "geniuses" if you know what I mean.  For those players from each state who tend to recognize patterns of numbers and their tendencies seem to be those that hit.  Of course you have to remember that luck plays into this equation as well. 

As a fellow analyzer of numbers and lottery systems I am still searching and hoping to find that ellusive system.  Wheeling of numbers, deflation, root sums, statistical analysis are all fine and dandy, but remember we are trying to predict random events.  My emphasis here is mainly on pick 5 and pick 6 lotteries, not to discount the randomness of pick 3 and pick 4, etc.

I tend to play Maryland's Bonus Match 5 exclusively and have hit 4 out of 5, four times so far this year and looking for 5 out of 5.  I have only been on this Forum for a couple of weeks, so too soon to give you my predictions for the drawings I won.  I tend to use patterns that I know hit X number of times / year, such as the last three numbers in the 30's such as 33, 35, 39.  Or all odd or all even, and yes for 5 out of 39 this does happen approximately 60 times / year.  This is probably not advisable for 5 of 52 / 1 of 52 (Megamillions, although I have not studied that).

Last three numbers in the 30's tends to run about 120 drawings per year.  The trick is to figure out exactly what the last three numbers will be.  Then you can wheel the rest and be a sure winner playing approximately 528 games or use an abbreviated wheel.

Yes, pick 3 is a more popular game you say.  Easier to win, but I just find it unattractive.  Although if someone can tell me about a good system that I do not have to put $40 per night into to get results; please let me know.

I have rambled on long enough,  (Other Wisdom Appreciated) OWA

Jeter FanRoll Eyes

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19813 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

If someone has an idea that hasn't worked there is no point in keeping it a secret, why not be generous and share it with others?  On the other hand if someone has an affordable idea that has been tested and shown to be close to winning some big money 25% of the time, they might not want to share it after reading the threads about people coming to LP looking for ideas to sell on their own website.  Most of the ideas I've read have been without any data about their cost or preformance during past drawings which make them of little value in my opinion, but they might be worth testing.  I too like the jackpot style games and if I had an idea that I really believed could win some big money, I would want to its first winner.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2005, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there are any "secret" systems -- not as far as a system that works for all games, all the time.

I think that there are a lot of systems/methods that work for a period of time, then something changes and they go cold....then later they heat up again.

What you have to keep doing is changing your method/system to "keep up with" the way the numbers fall. And there is no method of telling you how to do that or when.  You just keep at it, and hope you "luck into" the right one and are rewarded by a win.

Note that I am talking Pick 3 games here.....as far as jackpot games, there probably is no such thing as a secret system that works consistently.  If there were, the user of that system would make national news, because he/she would be routinely winning large jackpots.  He/she would also be getting routinely investigated by the govt and lottery officials, since it would smell of fraud. If you , for instance really had a system that worked, then you could win Powerball several times in a year....and man oh man, would that ever set off the alarms at the Powerball HQ ! Green laugh

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19813 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2005, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Badger,

Your idea of a system that works consistently for jackpot games is different than mine.  A system that could come close to a big win 20-25% of the time and maybe hit a major jackpot once every two years was what I had in mind.  No pattern that is affordable to cover is going to repeat ever draw but there may be patterns that happen 20-25% of the time that can be covered at an affordable cost.  That's the kind of system that I've been looking for. 

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Amarillo/Austin
            United States
            Member #1424
            April 25, 2003
            696 Posts
            Posted: June 7, 2005, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3 is winnable, but you have to resign yourself to the fact that it may take that $40 investment to win $80.  A 50% profit is not all that bad when you think about it.  Anyone wanting to win consistently  playing a couple of bucks a day is nickel/diming themselves into a ditch. 

Orangeman                          Confused

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
              Alaska
              United States
              Member #16217
              May 27, 2005
              287 Posts
              Posted: June 7, 2005, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

As far as secrets are concerned. With the pick 3 or pick 4 I would have no problems sharing what I have found successful. Unfortunately the only thing I have been successful at is getting numbers from my daughter. As far as any systems go, it's been pretty much a no go. But if I did find it, again I wouldn't mind sharing it. As far as any jackpot type game goes and I am referring to anything pick 5 and above. You can forget about me giving out any kinds of secrets on something like that. Again I haven't found anything that really works but my reasoning is that I would want to share a jackpot with as few people as possible for something like that. Afterall the chances of hitting something like that twice are not too great. You see? -Bonnie

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: June 7, 2005, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

One day .......if you work your butt off and you stick with it long enough..... you can get the odds on pick 3 down to around 50.50.

Then it occurs to you........ " Hey this is a crap game with crappy odds". I could have gotten those odds almost anywhere long ago........and without all the work.   

The REAL big break on odds is a big secret alright. It's soooo secret that we dare not say it's name. If it weren't for the 55 diimes place we would still be trying to break the odds to 50//50

The simple truth is.........the biggest break through in history of Pick 3 in improving the player's odds and helping folks win more .......and much more often ....came from Costa Rica....... 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                  Redford/MI
                  United States
                  Member #3396
                  January 18, 2004
                  4867 Posts
                  Posted: June 7, 2005, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

One day .......if you work your butt off and you stick with it long enough..... you can get the odds on pick 3 down to around 50.50.

Then it occurs to you........ " Hey this is a crap game with crappy odds". I could have gotten those odds almost anywhere long ago........and without all the work.    

AMEN to that my brother!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19813 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2005, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3 is winnable, but you have to resign yourself to the fact that it may take that $40 investment to win $80.  A 50% profit is not all that bad when you think about it.  Anyone wanting to win consistently  playing a couple of bucks a day is nickel/diming themselves into a ditch. 

Orangeman                          Confused

Have you ever seen a $40 system that would average a profit over time?Wink

RJOh

Evil Looking       

SirMetro's avatar - center
                      East of Atlanta
                      United States
                      Member #6191
                      August 11, 2004
                      1389 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2005, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps a huge reason for keeping one's method a secret, even if unsuccessfull is simply to avoid undesirable criticism from those who tend to believe their method/way is superior and anything else is just a feable attempt to acheive what they believe only they can master.

For example, I have an extremely simple method of finding a winning number within a list of roughly 128 sets (Cash 3) and 256 sets (Cash 4). I just don't know how to realistically reduce that list. I don't bother posting now because I didn't care for the complaints about how many numbers there was to sift thru. I also don't bother to post my method anymore because I only assume that because of it's simplicity, everybody else has already evolved above it, so why open myself up for either questions I don't know how to answer, or commentary that I might dislike?

Anyway, you asked a question, that's my answer.

Sir Metro

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                        Member #5599
                        July 13, 2004
                        1184 Posts
                        Posted: June 8, 2005, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

SirMetro,

If it's any consolation:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #1303
                          March 27, 2003
                          1508 Posts
                          Posted: June 8, 2005, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Badger,

Your idea of a system that works consistently for jackpot games is different than mine.  A system that could come close to a big win 20-25% of the time and maybe hit a major jackpot once every two years was what I had in mind.  No pattern that is affordable to cover is going to repeat ever draw but there may be patterns that happen 20-25% of the time that can be covered at an affordable cost.  That's the kind of system that I've been looking for. 

RJOh

RJOH,

I guess it would depend upon what one defines as an "affordable cost".  To me, I've seen enough people trying to wheel 100 combos at 100 bucks a draw.  And really, that 100 combos doesn't change the odds on a major jackpot game any. It's a drop in the bucket when the odds of hitting the jackpot are over 100 million to one. To me, personally, games with odds that high are never worth more than a 5 buck ticket. There are just too many combinations possible. Winning a major jackpot game like that is something I leave up to pure luck.

It's not terribly difficult to get 4 of 5 or 5 of 6 of the numbers drawn from a pool of say 40% of the possible numbers in the game. But the problem with it then is you have to wheel it and you all too often kill yourself with the filtering that is necessary. Even with our local 5 of 31 game, there are lots of times I've had all 5 numbers in a pool of 15-16.  But getting all of them in one line is pure "luck of the wheel" from what I've experienced.

============

Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #1303
                            March 27, 2003
                            1508 Posts
                            Posted: June 8, 2005, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

AMEN to that my brother!

I Agree!

============

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
                              Harrogate
                              United Kingdom
                              Member #16589
                              June 1, 2005
                              107 Posts
                              Posted: June 10, 2005, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I've never been really comfortable with keeping secrets (though I will keep one for somebody else if asked). It seems secrecy has caused a lot of problems for humanity over the centuries, and the bigger a secret is the harder it is to keep anyway (think of encryption codes, the atom bomb, political scandals, et cetera).

I posted my recurrence analysis method because - as has been pointed out about systems in general - if it doesn't work I haven't lost anything. If it does work...well, I still haven't 'lost' anything. I can still use the method myself and keep playing.

Remember the phrase that appeared in the movie 'Sneakers'? "Too many secrets..."