Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe you'll win a jackpot?

Topic closed. 72 replies. Last post 11 years ago by kariann.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Do you actually believe you'll win a jackpot strongly enough to:

Do heavy thinking about how you'd handle it [ 36 ]  [39.13%]
Believe you'll win someday, but then's soon enough [ 15 ]  [16.30%]
Pretty sure I'll win, not planning for it [ 8 ]  [8.70%]
Might win if I buy a ticket [ 12 ]  [13.04%]
Probably won't win, but buy tickets [ 9 ]  [9.78%]
Pretty sure I won't win, but buy tickets [ 8 ]  [8.70%]
Lead pipe cinch I won't win, but buy tickets [ 3 ]  [3.26%]
Don't buy tickets because I know I won't win [ 1 ]  [1.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 92 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 13 ]  
LuckyFoxTerrier's avatar - anglewings
mt. airy, nc
United States
Member #10832
January 27, 2005
160 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2005, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Great thread, Jack!  You're always thought provoking! 

I consider the lottery my "hobby".  More importantly, my psychic hobby.  It's fun for me to try to intuit the numbers, and I get so excited when I come so close sometimes picking them!  It's such a cool game.  And what can be better, .... a "cheap" hobby that can potentially yield mindblowing rewards.  And it's so magical to me sometimes the way the numbers come up in interesting draws sometimes .... like the VA pick 3 a while back was 000.  And another time came up 666.  One week another friend and I emailed each other on the same day thinking the pick 3 was going to be 444!  So all week we kept playing 444. .... it didn't hit, BUT 4's hit all week long in varying orders!  So in some ways we were right, it WAS 444 ... only not exact order all at one time!  And other times I find I'll hit every single number one digit off!  Or many times I've gotten all 6 numbers but they won't all be on the same ticket!  But, I don't get frustrated by it, I think.... wow, if I got that close, I can hit it one of these days. 

LFox

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3333 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2005, 10:53 am - IP Logged

It's much easier to believe you won't win than believe otherwise because many of us have been raised or conditioned to failure in order to prevent us from being disappointed when it does happen.

If you believe you're not going to win then that personal prophecy seems to be self fulfilling.

However the green as grass newbie buying their very first ticket seems to hit big ...... because no one ever told 'em they couldn't win .... and most of all they believed they would win.

Some famous person said "If you can conceive it, then believe it ..... and you can achieve it."

Good luck to everyone!

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
      Darlington, S.C.
      United States
      Member #3691
      February 12, 2004
      133 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2005, 11:36 am - IP Logged

It's much easier to believe you won't win than believe otherwise because many of us have been raised or conditioned to failure in order to prevent us from being disappointed when it does happen.

If you believe you're not going to win then that personal prophecy seems to be self fulfilling.

However the green as grass newbie buying their very first ticket seems to hit big ...... because no one ever told 'em they couldn't win .... and most of all they believed they would win.

Some famous person said "If you can conceive it, then believe it ..... and you can achieve it."

I'm afraid that there are a lot of non-winning disappointed people out there who are trying to win "The Big One".

I think if you believe in yourself and your abilities you can achieve many things, but winning the lottery isn't one of them.

Winning the lottery is nothing but pure blind luck. Maybe there are some people who have a system that can increase the odds of winning by a fraction of a percent, maybe not, the jury is still out on that one.

Whoever said "If you can conceive it, then believe it ... and you can achieve it" was not talking about the lottery.

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

mt. airy, nc
        United States
        Member #10832
        January 27, 2005
        160 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2005, 11:42 am - IP Logged

Konane, I love the little guy in the left corner of your post!  Tell us more about him!

LFox

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Good seeing you back posting, Konane and LFT.

Konane, I owe you an email.... sorry I've been remiss.  Any news, don't wait for mine... I'd like to hear.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: August 27, 2005, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I have always believed I'll win, but when is the million dollar question. So until then I keep playing and dreaming of that day when my six numbers on that little ticket match the ones drawn.

Party Then it's party time for a few days!

Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #1265
              March 13, 2003
              3333 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2005, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Lucky Fox .... I read somewhere that the laughing Buddha was a real person who traveled throughout China bringing joy to all those he came in contact with, especially children.  He was highly revered by all and designated the status of a deified worthy (saint in the western translation).  It is believed that rubbing his fat tummy which is a sign of plenty will bring similar luck to those that do it.

Rip .... figured you were lost in number behavior, trying to figure out which ones were going to hit!!  Big Grin 

BaristalExpress .....  Keep dreaming!  Have read that mentally creating a virtual reality as many times as you have time to work on it will greatly assist in making your dreams a concrete reality.  Good luck!!!

Good luck to everyone!

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3333 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2005, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Considering the approximate odds of being hit by lightning is 1 in 7 million, no, I don't think I'll win. If I had to be hit by lightning first then I probably won't be able to use the money considering my nerves would be literally fried.

The odds of winning the pick-4 is 1 in 10,000. I havent come close, except that a few months ago I noticed that the last 4 digits of my cell phone number came in. Shortly before I had given up playing those numbers in straight form. Of course some 3 weeks later they came out straight. What a cruel joke....8472 was the number.Let It All Out

The explanation of what happened is more for the Mystical Forum but will give you the short of it.

You'd held those numbers in your mind by playing them, expecting them to hit. 

You "gave up" on the numbers, dismissed them from your mind and let them go completely. 

What happened was the "virtual reality" you'd created by holding those numbers in your mind ended up manifesting in concrete reality for you ...... because you let it go and forgot about it.

In Mystical terms that's how a visualized occurrence is able to take place.

There is a principle on quantum physics which parallels this event that I can point you toward reading about if you care to PM me.

In Mystical terms you did real good ...... sorry your number wasn't in play when it hit.  However what happened to you happens to lots of people. 

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2005, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Lucky Fox .... I read somewhere that the laughing Buddha was a real person who traveled throughout China bringing joy to all those he came in contact with, especially children.  He was highly revered by all and designated the status of a deified worthy (saint in the western translation).  It is believed that rubbing his fat tummy which is a sign of plenty will bring similar luck to those that do it.

Rip .... figured you were lost in number behavior, trying to figure out which ones were going to hit!!  Big Grin 

BaristalExpress .....  Keep dreaming!  Have read that mentally creating a virtual reality as many times as you have time to work on it will greatly assist in making your dreams a concrete reality.  Good luck!!!

You were correct in what you figured. 

Best to you,

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2005, 10:59 am - IP Logged

I've had a re occurring dream i was signing the paperwork at lottery headquarters and they handed me the big check. Can hardly wait for the real thing to happen. The other night i dreamt about the numbers i didn't get up and write them down dismissed the dream as a hoax i did however remember 2 of the numbers when i finally woke up 38-47. When they drew the numbers's for mega Friday night i realized that i should have wrote all those numbers down i think i had 4 of them from the dream. 05-38-47-54 If i dream the numbers again i will write them down as soon as i wake just incase this might be a real deal.

Pacattack a similar thing happened to me we went to the eastern shore for the 4th of july our room number was 3006 i played those numbers for 3 or 4 weeks and dropped them about 4 days ago, last night 6030 came out not a straight hit but i would have collected a box win. No body to blame but myself. I believe intuition sometimes plays a part in winning this game. If you have a strong feeling about something that might take place usually that experience will come to pass.

Atlanta, GA
                      United States
                      Member #1265
                      March 13, 2003
                      3333 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2005, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I've had a re occurring dream i was signing the paperwork at lottery headquarters and they handed me the big check. Can hardly wait for the real thing to happen. The other night i dreamt about the numbers i didn't get up and write them down dismissed the dream as a hoax i did however remember 2 of the numbers when i finally woke up 38-47. When they drew the numbers's for mega Friday night i realized that i should have wrote all those numbers down i think i had 4 of them from the dream. 05-38-47-54 If i dream the numbers again i will write them down as soon as i wake just incase this might be a real deal.

Pacattack a similar thing happened to me we went to the eastern shore for the 4th of july our room number was 3006 i played those numbers for 3 or 4 weeks and dropped them about 4 days ago, last night 6030 came out not a straight hit but i would have collected a box win. No body to blame but myself. I believe intuition sometimes plays a part in winning this game. If you have a strong feeling about something that might take place usually that experience will come to pass.

Life is a series of lessons and one of the most important ones is to learn to honor yourself and the information you get while at the same time sifting through that information to figure out what is junk and what is real. 

Were I in your shoes I would be very thankful for being given those numbers and know that I'd learned a real lesson of paying more attention to things like that. 

You're really onto something that many of us strive to do so wish you the utmost luck in nailing the big one!!    Sun Smiley

Good luck to everyone!

mt. airy, nc
                        United States
                        Member #10832
                        January 27, 2005
                        160 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2005, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I'd take dreams about signing for the BIG CHECK at the lottery headquarters as a possible premonition.  Expect it!!  We'll be reading about your success soon!!!

LFox

newparis
                          United States
                          Member #19633
                          August 3, 2005
                          18 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2005, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

When I dream about the lottery and winning. I don't think I ever think about how much stuff I could have I dream about that 80 acre farm. and growing my own food. Working for a purpose not for stuff. I always think wouldn't it be cool just to go out and buy a hard working person who never seems to get a leg up a home and gift wrap for christmas morning, with a kind note saying its yours, unsigned.