Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

chaos

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 11 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2005, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Most people that I have talked to about patterns and trends, tell me they don't exist.

It is so frustrating, to explain that I've researched alot of books on this matter, and that

just because they have never heard most of what I have read, doesn't mean those facts

do not exist. If you toss a coin only once in your lifetime, Yes, it has a fifty-fifty chance.

However, If you toss a coin 10 times, and it comes up heads 10 times in a row, what

would you bet on the eleventh toss? I don't know of anybody who bets on anything just

one time in their life, whether it's coins, slots, blackjack, etc....I'ts been proven that

once a particular event continues to occur over and over, It's odds are exponentially

favored towards change. These friends of mine sound like tired old cliches, who will

always say that dreaded one-liner: "The lottery balls have no memory of what the 

drawing was last night" I personaly believe they learned that phrase in college. Of

course they don't remember the drawing. They are inanimate objects. That simple fact 

shows the stupidity of the phrase. There is a code to chaos. However it is so complex

that there is no way to decipher it. Only god can do that. But there is good news. If you 

think long enough about a certain problem, your brain will make new

connections, thus helping you with problem solving. Einstein said something very

similiar. He actually proposed that 1+1 does not equal 2. Number 1 plus number 1

does equal 2, because numbers are equally perfect. But when you start applying

numbers to objects, they lose their virginity. If I hold an apple in each hand, and asked

how many apples do I have in both hands, the usaual answer would be 2. But since

there are no two apples that have the exact same amount of atoms, the number 2

would be wrong. One apple is bound to be slightly bigger. So the answer according to

einstein would be 1 and 1.99999999999999th of an apple.This is the kind of

thinking that has drastically improved my way of looking at life. There is so much more I

could tell you but you get the idea. Next time someone says there are no patterns, tell

them you can predict the future, and you know what they are going to say. That stupid

phrase,over and over and over again. Now that's proof that patterns exist.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2005, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

The proof is always in the results.  When you predict the results of a lottery drawing and win, you will have made your point.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2005, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

RJOH....What's really amazing is how such an "open minded" individual like you, is part of this post to begin with.

Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

SirMetro's avatar - center
        East of Atlanta
        United States
        Member #6191
        August 11, 2004
        1389 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2005, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps you may want to do more readings of the Mandlebrot set (sorry if I misspelled it). It explores the relationship of chaos and, if I understand the studies correctly, it is used to forecast weather patterns.

In regards to your idea, keep in mind that Einstein rejected the concept of undefined events and of the idea of choas. He believed that all things can be explained thru science and math.

And you are correct, Rome wasn't built in a day, but never forget, a fool is revealed when they first open their mouth.

Sir Metro

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2005, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Nothing at all happens just for the hell of it, not because we don't why, that that does not mean that there is no reason.

It might be a "physical" law, or "chemical" or even "metaphysical or supernatural or religious or spiritual or whatever you want to call it", but what-ever it might be or even a mix of, there are always reasons, the universe or creation is ordered and obeys stablished laws or set laws even if we are unaware of them, what appears to be random and or chaotic to us, it isn't so to God, our level of awareness and inteligence is kind of relatively low as it is now. For the most part the universe and creation and even God are an enigma or unknown to us.

For example radioactive decay and or the rate of radioactive decay is or might appear to be random to us, because we have finite or very limited understanding and mind, but radioactive decay is governed by physical laws and or other laws and there are reasons for it, as they say there is a method to what appears to be madness to us, because we don't know no better.

Or again as they say, "for every action there is a reaction"

Even those so called spiritual things are governed by "wharever" laws and not by "chance".

There might be "chaotic-like" behavior, but not true chaos, only chaos like and or random like, because we don't know no better.

"The lottery balls have no memory of what the  drawing was last night" Be that as it might and or not,

What is the point of that ? Once you know the make up of the game and the "behavior" of it's "random" actions, you will know that there are "random" patterns that apply to that particular game, regardless of weather the balls have memory or not, which in any case is besides the point and does not apply.

What the hell do I mean to say when a say or talk about "random" patterns ?

I guess that for a part or maybe for the most part I mean "statistical" patterns or the game's statistical random patterns.

And what the hell is that ?

Open your eyes and take a look at the history of the numbers.

You know that 000 will not come out on every single draw forever and ever always and that no other pick 3 number will ever come out, Why ? Because "random" Won't let it.

If the last pick 3 number was 592 you know damn well that it won't keep on coming out on every sigle draw forever and ever, regardless of weather the balls have memory or not, Why not ? Because "random" won't let it, it does not behave in that way, the is that is not how the random patterns behave at all.

Say that the last High-Low pattern was LLH, it might maybe sometimes repeat right away once or a few more times, but we know that it won't keep on coming out LLH on every single draw forever and ever and never change, Why ? Because that is not how "random" behaves, the behavior of random won't let it, you know this by looking at the past history of the game which are examples of the random behavior of the particular game.

And there is a lot more to be learned about the random behavior of particular games by looking at the past history of the game, the random patterns are there to be seen, by those who look for them. This is no esoteric stuff, it's there for anybody to see if you look for it and can see.

You will see the random patterns and the not so random patterns also, these is not privileged knowledge, is open and there for anybody who cares to see it and no, you don't have to be a brain surgeon or a mathematician to see it.

Remember there are random like patterns and not so random like patterns, most of thew patterns perhaps will be random like and they are typical to the particular game and to random itself.

And yes the past draws don't have anything to do with the new coming draws, except in a random like kind of behavior and in the few and maybe temporary not so random types of behavior and patterns and also in the make-up of the game.

I have no more time tonight to give examples and to talk further about this.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8361 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2005, 2:09 am - IP Logged

and

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2005, 2:32 am - IP Logged

sir metro........

You are the fool.....Not me.........

If you notice, I bring up Einstein only realative(no pun intended) to the preceeding

statement,(the thought process)and not about chaos.

Here is that statement: "If you think long enough about a certain problem,your brain

will make new connections, thus helping  you  with problem solving".

And the very next line: "Einstein said something similiar".

Please get your facts straight, before YOU open your mouth.

Thank you very much.........

nah.....nah.nah....nahhh..nahhhhh!

Have a pleasant day.

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
                Alaska
                United States
                Member #16217
                May 27, 2005
                287 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2005, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Pacattack05, though I am having a little bit of a difficult time understanding your posts, once I get the meaning I have to say that I am mostly in agreement. Or at least what I understand. My husband has a theory about my number picking. I have been searching for the perfect "system" for the pick 3 for a while now. I have found some work better than others but they all fall short in the fact (at least in my experience) that I end up with more combinations than would be fiscally possible to actually come out on top. For example I am playing around with a little cris cross method of mine and have found that by using vtracs and other methods to change certain digits in the original set that I can come up with a set of 50 numbers. Now this set of 50 can be filtered down to 20 or 25 using some of the filters listed here on LP. It seems to give a hit 25% of the time. But lets be realistic. 20 numbers = $20. I would have to spend $20 for 4 days on average or $80 to win what? That's right $80. So what's the point. So I always go back to just picking a bunch of random or seemingly random numbers. I pick a few of my own, I get some from my kids, I get some from my husband and you know what? I actually endup better than any of my systems. (provided I actually play my numbers.)

Now to my husband's theory. He thinks that the reason I am able to actually get better results from my "random" picks is because I have sat looking and staring at the numbers for so long turning them this way and twisting them that, that my brain has actually picked up on the "random" pattern so that I able to make an "educated" guess about what the number is. He thinks that I just use the rest of the family in this little excercise of mine for feedback more than anything else.

Quite often I can pick one number that I am certain will fall in either the Fantasy 5 or Mega Millions. I can't do any better than that but my husband believes that if I continue to stare at the results I will get better. I don't know. I think if it is going to happen, (and I do think it will) it is going to be because God finally decided it was time to give me the correct set. I suppose we will see in the end. -Bonnie

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2005, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Atlasshrugged: I totally aree with you.

I'm ashamed to confess, that Most of my wins,were due to gut feelings,

rather than twisting my brain 100 times over.

I had a friend who's ex-wife, dreamed numbers that came out 3 out of the 5 times.

I also played those numbers and won $1500.00, in total.

I think using the long-term thinking, that mentioned earlier on this post, along with

pulling some hair with systems, and like you said, staring at numbers, is the best

way to pick the correct numbers.

One day I pulled out a graph sheet, which had been set aside for about 4 months.

I was bored on that particular sunday, when I took that graph out and updated it.

I noticed that 984 was overdue according to the graph.

Being overdue didn't neccessarily mean it was going to hit that day, however I strongly

felt that this was the day, because of many "red flags" that came out that day.

The first was that I knew that 984 had not come out for the entire 14 years or so,

in the florida state lottery. Weeks ago I gave up playing that number, because I

had played it for such a long time without hitting.

That was the first red flag.

The second was that I took that graph system(which I bought from Steve Player),

out of my room. Remember, it was about 4 months since I used it.

The third red flag was that according to the graph, 984 coincidentally was overdue.

I originally wanted to play 100-200 dollars on this number, but chickened out,

and bought just 6 tickets, and yielded $3000.00. It was a good day.

I told my roomate prior to the purchasing of the tickets.

I showed him all the red flags.

He was not interested, yet I convinced him enough to get atleast 1 ticket,

because if it did come out, and he didn't buy, he would kick himself.

He was also happy the next day.

There are similiar stories like this one too long to write today.

I've had bouts with esp throughout my life, especially when I was much younger.

Nice chatting with you.

Good luck, good mind twisting, and good gut feelings.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23262 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2005, 9:48 am - IP Logged

pacattack05,

I'd recommend that you check out Platinum membership here, because it will do a lot of the things that you need - a whole lot cheaper than systems out there for sale.  Like (for example) the Inspector 3 system will take a look at ant list of Pick 3 numbers and give you a complete breakdown of their properties.  CalifDude has posted some very good examples of how to use it to root out "hidden" numbers to play.  Also, the Deflate 3 system takes any list of Pick 3 numbers and separates them into prioritized tiers, based on the number of times combinations of number appear.  Deflate 3 also has an arsenal of filters to weed out unlikely combinations.

Platinum also contains a plethora of other powerful tools, like the incredibly powerful Search Results feature, Dawing Statistics for every game (for example, Illinois Daily 3), and access to a huge library of Lottery Wheels.

You can check out the full list of features in the Membership Comparison Grid.

The great part is that Platinum membership costs less than the cost of a daily newspaper, and members here can attest to the fact that their winnings rose significantly after they used the Platinum tools.

Cheers

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2005, 10:04 am - IP Logged

I'll try it, Thanx.

Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #17364
                        June 17, 2005
                        24 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2005, 11:40 am - IP Logged

I believe there is no such thing as random. Things appear random because we don't know all the factors that control the results.

I'll try to explain what I mean by using a coin toss.

I believe if you flip a coin with your hand in the Exact same position, the coin in the exact same spot in your hand, applying the exact same amount of force, the coin going up the exact same distance with the exact same amount of rotation hitting the exact same spot on the floor at the exact same angle you will allways get the same results.

I do believe it would be damn near impossible to reproduce all those conditions. I'm not even sure those are all the conditions that effedt the outcome.

The outcome of an event will allways be the same if the all input causing the event is identical.

Seek first to understand

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2005, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Nanook,

You have describe randomness.  The possible outcomes are so numerous that it's impossible to control the conditions to create any particular outcome.  If the outcomes were as simple as 2+2=4 or 2x2=4, every body would be winning.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2005, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I think both Nanook and Rjoh are correct.

Random is random, and that is a correct statement, however, conditions that make

that outcome reality, are extremely important.

Example: If god can choose the winning numbers every night, It's not because

(in my opinion) of magic, or anything supernatural.

It's because he knows the conditions inside and outside of the tubes that hold the balls.

The air around each ball, the temperature, the minute static electrical activities,and so on.

The only way he would be able to predict the numbers, would have to be just a second

before the balls were released,The second,third,fourth,fifth, and the sixth ball. 

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                              Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2005, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Just to maybe give some examples, the universe is finite even if it does have its expansions and contractions, it is a pocket universe and yet for all practical purposes it's infinite and even if it has ends, or borders or given dimentions (more or less) it is impossible to go to or to reach those borders and it is also impossible to "break thru" and to go "across" to where-ever or what-ever to "beyond" or to "unknown"

So the same with "random" it might not be or exist, but for all human practical purposes it does.

Todd and CalifDude will tell you that if you "run" the history of the pick 3 numbers thru Todd's "Inspector 3" that it will give you patterns' statistics of those combos, that is the statistic "signature" of "random" for that "segment" or portion of the pick 3 history for that state or states if you used the numbers from several states.

Random patterns are exactly the same as statistical patterns, of course there are many kinds of random or statistical patterns those of single numbers those of pairs and those of the whole 3 digit combo and of course their hits, skips and their high-low, even-odd, sums, roots and other patterns.

In a direct way, one draw does not have anything to do with another draw maybe, but the random patterns of past draws can help you to predict or guess 1 or more combos that appear to be the best choices as the next winning number(s).

Random has to do with random statistics, the makeup of the particular game determines to a very great extent it's random statistics.

There are 2 forces at least, that of no-change and the other of change, but this is not just black and white, but changes of shades of gray.

If you take a look at random statistics, you might see a mix of both chaos and order, use the Inspector 3 or Inspector 4 and also the statistics given to us by other programs and you will see this mix of order and chaos, I don't know what the percentages might be and I don't know either if they (the percentages) are set or if they change.

Anyhow, the main points are:

For all practical purposes there is such a thing as random.

Random has a degree of order.

There are statistical random patterns.

The random patterns of past draws give you an insight on the possible patterns of future draws.

Random is neither with you, nor against you, so there is no need to fear it, once you become more or less familiar with it's patterns it can be used to some degree to our advantage.

I believe that the winning lottery number can't be predicted (not by most people in most cases), but that it can be more or less accurately guessed among a group of combos by a well "informed" guess by many or most people.

Anyhow, what do I know? What education do I have, if any at all? Probably none, english is not even my first language.

Good luck.

Fernando.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."