Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

chaos

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 11 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2005, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

It has no boundries.

There is no point where you say, "It is done"

How can something that has no boundries, exist simoultaneously, as we speak?

It's impossible.

The everyday laws of physics, don't even allow such a thing to exist.

It goes against every rule in the book.

Chaos means anything goes.

Chaos also has no boundries.

When you see patterns and trends, you are only seeing a short term trend.

A group of scientists proposed that if you could travel far back into space, with a strong

telescope to view the universe, you would probably see a thing called "a super string".

A super string is the culmination of all the stars, planets, and galaxies.

If you could look far enough to see the overall picture of the universe,

A picture of wiggly lines across your screen, evenly distributed, would depict an

example of the super-strings out there.

So, we ask ourselves.....What lies out there?

Random: Some claim of an administrator?

Random: Things equally rationed out evenly as time passes by.

Random: Surrounding conditions.

Random: Collective conciousnesss.

Random: outside influences.

You made a very good point.

Things just don't happen, but according to you, they do.

Things just don't happen for nothing, is another topic you've mentioned.

There is a purpose.

Like most of the the other post members have said, until I can show proof that what I'm

saying is true, That I will predict the nights drawing.

Well I did tonight, The number for 06-28-2005  was 256....and I for the first time

on this post predicted 265......

Didn't play it, but did post it.

I wished I played that number.

Oh well,

That's the story of my life.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2005, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I think both Nanook and Rjoh are correct.

Random is random, and that is a correct statement, however, conditions that make

that outcome reality, are extremely important.

Example: If god can choose the winning numbers every night, It's not because

(in my opinion) of magic, or anything supernatural.

It's because he knows the conditions inside and outside of the tubes that hold the balls.

The air around each ball, the temperature, the minute static electrical activities,and so on.

The only way he would be able to predict the numbers, would have to be just a second

before the balls were released,The second,third,fourth,fifth, and the sixth ball. 

he (God) ....can  (and does IMO) ....choose the winning numbers.

but it is more because he is God and knows the future more than something "scientific".

future history is past history to God.  we are merely catching up to it.

but before someone runs with this one, remember that it is God (if there is one)  that controls how much "information" we will ever need as it pertains to the future.  we will never be able to step over those boundaries.  that is where the bones of futile men are laid.  the trick is in the pursuit of knowledge,  without stepping over those boundaries while trusting that he is God (and of course ....that we are not).

best advice.  relax and go along for the ride (and buy a $1 quick pick - lol)

P.S. i accidently clicked into this forum.  i never come to the mathematics forum as i stopped helping my children with their math homework when they progressed past division/multiplication.  i completely stink at math.  it holds no interest to me.

and my luck.  i would do the coin toss experiment on the sidewalk with a friend,  only to flip it into the street and cause a 10 car pile-up.  at least i would know that it was God who knew whether it was heads or tails (lolx2)

20/20

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2005, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Vision

I stink at math too, but lottery wise all that we need is addition, substraction, division and multiplication and God of course.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
        Member #5599
        July 13, 2004
        1185 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2005, 8:25 am - IP Logged

I think you have to look a chaos theory with a jaundiced eye.  If I have it right, chaos theory presumes no bounds(unbounded). Lotto numbers on the other hand ARE bounded by the pool size of the numbers being picked.

The other thing is that nobody, that I am aware of, has bridged the gap from theory to usable lottery analysis. If I'm wrong, please post it.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
          Harrogate
          United Kingdom
          Member #16589
          June 1, 2005
          107 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2005, 10:24 am - IP Logged

An interesting thread, but a little misunderstanding here and there.

The phrase "lottery balls have no memory of previous draws" does not imply that lottery balls are living things with bad memories; it means that draws are not Markov chains, i.e. the result of a given draw does not affect subsequent ones (however, within a draw is a different matter: as balls are removed the odds on drawing one of the remaining numbers increases. The same thing happens in Blackjack; the variation in odds is the basis of card counting).

Randomness and chaos. Not the same thing. Randomness is a total lack of pattern, bias, or structure. A TV set left untuned will show nothing but a hissing mass of black and white dots, a perfect example of natural randomness (this "snowstorm" image is in fact the background microwave radiation left over from the birth of the universe. Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1978 for first identifying it as the electromagnetic "echo" of the Big Bang).

Chaos is more complex (no pun intended). Chaotic systems have structure, but it only becomes apparent after the system has run its course. The Lorenz attractor is made up of millions of possible trajectories, each one the result of a slight variation in the initial conditions (the Lorenz attractor is the solution set of three differential equations Edward Lorenz used in a primitive computer weather model in the early 60s). Attractors come in two flavours: limit cycle and strange. Limit cycles converge on simple behaviours, strange ones don't (Like the Lorenz attractor).

Regarding meteorology, Chaos Theory is currently about as much use for weather forecasting as Tarot cards are for drawing up life insurance policies! Actual weather forecasting is based on thermodynamics and fluid dynamics (there's a lot of chemistry involved too, and if we keep loading the atmosphere with certain compounds in quantities nature never intended...well, let's just say Noah had the right idea).

Anyway, a good place to start if you want to know more is the Wikipedia entry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos

Coming back to the lottery, it looks like lottery numbers have a strange attractor (but knowing that won't help you predict them). I've explained elsewhere how lottery machines place physical limits on the behaviour of the balls, which imposes a small degree of determinism on the results.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2005, 5:17 am - IP Logged

The proof is always in the results.  When you predict the results of a lottery drawing and win, you will have made your point.

RJOh

I Agree!

Regina
              Canada
              Member #20058
              August 10, 2005
              2 Posts
              Posted: August 11, 2005, 12:51 am - IP Logged
              Interesting views, NemeSys has brought forward the best points. Chaos is not random, it, chaos has definite patterns just look at the art.  The balls thinking knowing which one of its buddys are going to drop next, ludicrous, well sponge bob may disagree.  The only real repeatability I have found in a series of lottery balls is that of when a 1 drops out there is usually other balls that come out more often when a 1 comes out as opposed to others.  If you want to eliminate patterns check history in your area and plot it out in a simple 2 dimensional array.  When a 1 comes up which other numbers come up.  So you have an x and y axys with numbers 0 - 9, 1 - 49 (or how ever many balls the lottery contest uses) on both axys.  I've tryed on Canada's Lotto 649.  6 numbers drawn plus an extra with numbers 1 - 49.  There were definite numbers that came up more than others.  Why play these choose the numbers that come up with them.  I've won a few dollars here and there then stopped cause of time and life's random tragedy's. 
              And of mind and mental capabilities, if you took normal script to write the possible combinations your neurons could have you would have a number of zeros greater than the distance from the earth to the moon.   We use only 10% of our brains?  I don't think so it is way less than 1 th of a percent.  So sure the old grey matter can sometimes work alot better than any formula or workout.  Math is interesting and has it's place in lottery balls, I just haven't found it yet. 

Proof is in the pudding from what mom used to say.
                Manitoba
                Canada
                Member #5566
                July 11, 2004
                133 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2005, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

My proof that patterns & trends do exist; the prime numbers 2 3 5 7 9

Western Canada pick 3 numbers for August. 1  246  prime 2

2  033    "      33

3  490    "      9

4  263    "      23

5  479    "      79

6  215    "      25

7  338    "      33

8  558    "      55

9  455    "      55

10  288    "      2

11  677    "      77

12  021    "      2

13  085    "      5

stoopendaal's avatar - archer

Netherlands
                  Member #3476
                  January 24, 2004
                  212 Posts
                  Posted: August 15, 2005, 3:53 am - IP Logged

Hi paint,

"My proof that patterns & trends do exist; the prime numbers 2 3 5 7 9

9 is not a prime number.

A Prime number is a whole number greater than 1 that can only be divided evenly by itself and 1

You can divide 9 by 1 ,3 and 9 so it's not a prime number.

Goodbye,

Harm 

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #2987
                    December 10, 2003
                    832 Posts
                    Posted: August 15, 2005, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

There are five prime single-digit numbers - 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7.

Paint -

In the example you give, you have selected the numbers 2, 3, 5, 7 and 9. In 13 draws there will be 39 numbers drawn. Of those numbers drawn, the numbers you selected appear 21 times, which is not outside the normal limits of mathematical probability, 19 or 20 times being the most expected occurance. Is there something I'm missing here?

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Manitoba
                      Canada
                      Member #5566
                      July 11, 2004
                      133 Posts
                      Posted: August 15, 2005, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Stoopendaal I stand corrected! You are right 9 is not a prime number.

Johnph77, neither is the number 1. However you are correct about probability; that will teach me to rush into something. I've had my foot in my mouth before.

On the other hand one doesn't have to look far to find many patterns. 

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                        CA
                        United States
                        Member #2987
                        December 10, 2003
                        832 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2005, 4:35 am - IP Logged

paint1 -

No flame intended. Apologies if taken out of intended meaning.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Regina
                          Canada
                          Member #20058
                          August 10, 2005
                          2 Posts
                          Posted: August 20, 2005, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Paint1 I'm missing something here.  There are patterns to all single prime numbers.  Could you tell me how your work out works so I can understand your point better.

tyne and wear
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #15463
                            May 15, 2005
                            8 Posts
                            Posted: August 24, 2005, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

RJOH....What's really amazing is how such an "open minded" individual like you, is part of this post to begin with.

Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

This post is for 'pacattack05' and i am offering my support to you on this forum we seem to have the same ideas about patterns and systems and that in random  chaos there are actually patterns and these can be used to your advantage however you seem to be persecuted on a daily basis becuse of your beliefs, i suffer the same from work collegues, family and friends. P

People dont seem to have an open-mind and i share your confusion to why these people even join a forum like this. My first ever post 'lottery truths' was torn apart not because of its content but i was tormented about punctuation and paragraphs, i just want you to know you are not alone i suffer daily because of what i believe in and when i do get the jackpot i will write a book outlining all my ideas and charts and the most important part will be my dedication it will be something along the lines of.....' This book is dedicated to everyone who said it couldnt be done! this book has been published not to reap any profits only to piss those off who tormented me and i hope work tomorrow is absolutely dreadful for you, ill be thinking of you when im diving in my pool!'

I used to be such a lovely person now i feel im just a product of what others have made me 'pacattack05' for president!!!! 

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: September 18, 2005, 4:40 am - IP Logged

RJOH....What's really amazing is how such an "open minded" individual like you, is part of this post to begin with.

Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

This post is for 'pacattack05' and i am offering my support to you on this forum we seem to have the same ideas about patterns and systems and that in random  chaos there are actually patterns and these can be used to your advantage however you seem to be persecuted on a daily basis becuse of your beliefs, i suffer the same from work collegues, family and friends. P

People dont seem to have an open-mind and i share your confusion to why these people even join a forum like this. My first ever post 'lottery truths' was torn apart not because of its content but i was tormented about punctuation and paragraphs, i just want you to know you are not alone i suffer daily because of what i believe in and when i do get the jackpot i will write a book outlining all my ideas and charts and the most important part will be my dedication it will be something along the lines of.....' This book is dedicated to everyone who said it couldnt be done! this book has been published not to reap any profits only to piss those off who tormented me and i hope work tomorrow is absolutely dreadful for you, ill be thinking of you when im diving in my pool!'

I used to be such a lovely person now i feel im just a product of what others have made me 'pacattack05' for president!!!! 

You should continue to be a lovely person.