Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lotto time

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

wat are good numbers to YOU

759 (pick 3) [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
630 (pick 3) [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
9860 (pick 4) [ 2 ]  [15.38%]
7441 (pick 4) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
792 (pick 3) [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
9 18 01 06 36 01 (power ball) [ 4 ]  [30.77%]
770 (pick 3) [ 2 ]  [15.38%]
1989 (pick 4) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
761 (pick 3) [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
1516 (pick 4) [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
Total Valid Votes [ 13 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2005, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I'm glad the old farts stick together, cause when **** sticks together, I"m sure ****also sticks together, And they don't need a reason to. that's the beauty. I'ts a universal glue.!!!!!! It sticks together because of it's resiliance......

I'll just ask all teens to run the world according to garp........

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2005, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

you think buddy block listing me on your blog helps you...that's fine, whatever, helps you to feel comfort as far as your psyche goes....all the power to you...

have a good day Rip.......

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2005, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for reminding me about that.  I'll correct it.

Last night you appeared to be getting a bit heated about things.  Did it as a precautionary measure until I could get a better idea of where you were headed.

Gracias,

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2005, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Wow I don't know how i'm going to deal with this .......Cant' respond in your blog????? Oh my GOD what is a man supposed to do.....

Please, I have much more important reasons to worry about...Do you really think that hurts me in any way?

Give me a break, I crap bigger than anyone out there. MY pile rises to the Rafters. Are you kidding me??????????

Rip You Know I love ya, But please, spare me.....and it's not the alchohol speaking. I've been there and done that.....It's just that nothing is new under the sun as far as I'm concerned. Nothing.

I want to end this with a postive note and nothing else. It's all good..........

Peace!!!!!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2005, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I am as far removed from that slang lingo as anybody can be and I am glad to be like so; It was hard enough for me to learn english; Why should I want to speak like if I don't know the language ?

I still remember being told, that I would not be able to learn English and I still have trouble with it, but maybe not as much as some people who shouldn't.

I have known so many people young and old who are unable to properly speak, read and write that it isn't funny and they are not just being funny or "cool" they really can't.

This is a "free" (relatively speaking) country, so go ahead and speak in any way that you want.

Good luck.

Fernando.

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2005, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Wow I don't know how i'm going to deal with this .......Cant' respond in your blog????? Oh my GOD what is a man supposed to do.....

Please, I have much more important reasons to worry about...Do you really think that hurts me in any way?

Give me a break, I crap bigger than anyone out there. MY pile rises to the Rafters. Are you kidding me??????????

Rip You Know I love ya, But please, spare me.....and it's not the alchohol speaking. I've been there and done that.....It's just that nothing is new under the sun as far as I'm concerned. Nothing.

I want to end this with a postive note and nothing else. It's all good..........

Peace!!!!!

Whatever works best for you, amigo.

Doesn't matter to me whether it's alcohol talking, or just you.

I'm not interested in any flame wars. 

Adios.

Jack

Egos don't count.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2005, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Peace!!!!!

The crapping part was more than I needed to know about your bodily functions. Thanks for sharing, I guess. Razz

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2005, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I am as far removed from that slang lingo as anybody can be and I am glad to be like so; It was hard enough for me to learn english; Why should I want to speak like if I don't know the language ?

I still remember being told, that I would not be able to learn English and I still have trouble with it, but maybe not as much as some people who shouldn't.

I have known so many people young and old who are unable to properly speak, read and write that it isn't funny and they are not just being funny or "cool" they really can't.

This is a "free" (relatively speaking) country, so go ahead and speak in any way that you want.

Good luck.

Fernando.

Cool I'm just going to start speaking the way I want to. Agar choudit mechasti beeeayee inja? That's my phoenetic way of speaking from now on......

Hope you understand...if you don't oh well....let's not disturb the fragile community......from sensitivities.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2005, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Good luck.

Fernando.

I think you speak accordingly.

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2005, 12:30 am - IP Logged

God forbid we want to hurt any feelings now..........

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8362 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2005, 12:35 am - IP Logged

I'm glad you aren't in my shoes then cause i have four children ages 10 -15- 25 and 31 and the older two have multiple children. Trying to communicate with any one of them at the different levels of colloquialism is enough to drive a sane person up the wall, good thing I'm kind hip to their different generational avenues because otherwise they wouldn't accept me in their surroundings. And it's a good thing i can deal with their generational attributes because otherwise they would shut me out. And me I'm in my mid fifties very glad they think and tell their friends I'm a cool daddy.

My 15 yr old can probably break everything i just wrote in this paragraph down to about half the words and if it were spoke to you might sound strange but it would clearly say the same thing. Get over yourself this generation of kids will guide their children into a future unlike your wildest dream adventure star treck si-fi flick. We are in the technological frontier where peoples wildest dreams are about to unfold in a world unlike anything we could have ever imagined.

even as we speak they are dreaming up cars whose body's will be like chameleons.  Able to have different styles to suit their whims. Nano technology to repair our aging body's with microscopic robots. Computers so fast they will be able to do tasks which now take an hour into a mind blowing nano second. Quite possible within the next 100 yrs even inhabit Mars if their plan works out.

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2005, 12:46 am - IP Logged

I'm glad you aren't in my shoes then cause i have four children ages 10 -15- 25 and 31 and the older two have multiple children. Trying to communicate with any one of them at the different levels of colloquialism is enough to drive a sane person up the wall, good thing I'm kind hip to their different generational avenues because otherwise they wouldn't accept me in their surroundings. And it's a good thing i can deal with their generational attributes because otherwise they would shut me out. And me I'm in my mid fifties very glad they think and tell their friends I'm a cool daddy.

My 15 yr old can probably break everything i just wrote in this paragraph down to about half the words and if it were spoke to you might sound strange but it would clearly say the same thing. Get over yourself this generation of kids will guide their children into a future unlike your wildest dream adventure star treck si-fi flick. We are in the technological frontier where peoples wildest dreams are about to unfold in a world unlike anything we could have ever imagined.

even as we speak they are dreaming up cars whose body's will be like chameleons.  Able to have different styles to suit their whims. Nano technology to repair our aging body's with microscopic robots. Computers so fast they will be able to do tasks which now take an hour into a mind blowing nano second. Quite possible within the next 100 yrs even inhabit Mars if their plan works out.

Well, in that case, Four children, I have respect, no way I could deal with that , But God bless you, you have the patience and love which I don't aquire.

Anyone who has the ability that you have, has to be commended. Only you can do justice as a mentor. All the power to you and yours.....

God Bless.....

Nano-technology????? Can't wait......

The next step in healing.

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: August 18, 2005, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Who do you propose is going to pay for those cars that turn into reptiles? Who do you think is going to pay for spacecraft to fly around the universe? Do think the rich and famous are going to donate their riches? Fat chance Madonna, Oprah, Tom Cruise, or P-Diddy is going to give up their riches; they'll preach the good, but then take their private jets back to their mansions and enjoy their Bently's. Do you think the French, or the Germans, or the Netherlands, are going to pay for these items? Is Saudi Arabia going to pay for the research for that super-fast computer? Technology boom? If the space program had to start today, instead of when it did: There would be no space program. No money! If Social Security has to start today, instead of when it did: No Social Security.

Look around you, not at the advertisements in the back of magazines, or the hottie shows on television. The only ones that will be footing the bill for anything is the American tax-payer. In case you haven't noticed, the average American is having problem finding a job that pays more than minimum wage. The price of fuel is sky-rocketing. The retail industry hasn't shown a prifit in eight years. The space program is in shambles; our aircraft average over ten years in flight. The automobile industry is on its knees. Computer sales are lower than they were in the 70's (not counting foriegn sales). The American worker is maxed out; there is no more to take.

Only kids are happy, because mommie and daddy are in debt up to their ears spoiling them.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Who do you propose is going to pay for those cars that turn into reptiles? Who do you think is going to pay for spacecraft to fly around the universe? Do think the rich and famous are going to donate their riches? Fat chance Madonna, Oprah, Tom Cruise, or P-Diddy is going to give up their riches; they'll preach the good, but then take their private jets back to their mansions and enjoy their Bently's. Do you think the French, or the Germans, or the Netherlands, are going to pay for these items? Is Saudi Arabia going to pay for the research for that super-fast computer? Technology boom? If the space program had to start today, instead of when it did: There would be no space program. No money! If Social Security has to start today, instead of when it did: No Social Security.

Look around you, not at the advertisements in the back of magazines, or the hottie shows on television. The only ones that will be footing the bill for anything is the American tax-payer. In case you haven't noticed, the average American is having problem finding a job that pays more than minimum wage. The price of fuel is sky-rocketing. The retail industry hasn't shown a prifit in eight years. The space program is in shambles; our aircraft average over ten years in flight. The automobile industry is on its knees. Computer sales are lower than they were in the 70's (not counting foriegn sales). The American worker is maxed out; there is no more to take.

Only kids are happy, because mommie and daddy are in debt up to their ears spoiling them.

Cheers

Chewie:

There's some truth in what you say.  I doubt anyone could examine it carefully and find anything false in your post.  But the fact it's all true doesn't mean when it's all put together a person can lean back and conclude, ah, yeah.  Now I have TRUTH, something I can dig my teeth and fingernails into and hold onto.

Humanity, reality, and even the US and the modern western world is an amazing composite of resilience and hell-bent-for-leather out-of-control-train that just keeps going somehow, keeps rolling in roughly the same general direction despite all apparent obstacles.

It might hold on long enough for something to happen to change things.  A surprise discovery in some lab somewhere could come up with a cold fusion energy resource that could turn things around overnight.  Some of the metaphysical/psychic/paranormal things in the mill might do it.  Or something we haven't even conceived of yet.

My own thought is that the undercurrent of spiritual malaise implied by your post is reason for a lot more concern.  It's reflected in the young, quite possibly because we adults find it fairly difficult to believe things can continue in this vein.  All those young folks out there 'cutting' and thinking suicide, Edgar Allen Poe mentalities cause me some moments of distress.

I'm not saying you aren't right.  I'm only saying you mightn't be.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Sparta, NJ
                              United States
                              Member #18331
                              July 9, 2005
                              1977 Posts
                              Posted: August 18, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you Jack. Nothing I predicted will be 100% fact in the future. At the same time, a Polyanna attitude is not going to make a better world. We can't keep believing that America is the cure-all for everything. Believing that cars are going to turn into reptiles based on mind tranfer is plain silly. We have people in this country living day-to-day on welfare. They are not buying a lot of computer games to entertain their kids.

Cheers

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice