Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoSync needs cloning + development.

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MrBobb.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2005, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

It appears as if LottoSync is a dead end and a dead system !

I don't know why Marco-Guru still has his web page up and appears to keep on selling it or trying to, version 1.7 and all others before it are not very good, at least not for most lotteries.

It is my feeling that the LottoSync system has some merit, but that as it is all by itself is not very good at all, if it was developed farther and also combined with other good methods or systems, that it might be able to do very much better.

Since Marco does not seem to want to keep on working on it and or releasing to the public any new versions of it (if he has any new versions at all) ( if he has, he is keeping them all to himself for his own private use and won't release them) then it seems to me that the LottoSync concept or idea should be picked up by intelligent programmers and developed-cloned and integrated with other lottery methods into a much better lottery system and program, otherwise such a very good basic prediction idea will be dead and will have been such a waste of time and effort.

Marco has perhaps given just enough info that with it and a copy of the program itself some intelligent programmer and or a small group of programmers might be able to make a clone of his program and then develop it properly and finally integrate it into a good working system for all or most lotteries as Guru has been unable or unwilling to do, as it might be.

It would be a shame to waste such a great prediction idea, just because Marco doesn't want to or can't develop it farther.

There are many good programmers out there, 1 or more should give it a try either alone or together.

Belgium
    Member #2220
    September 2, 2003
    553 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2005, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Lottosync is not dead !!

I am still working on the new version. I have so much new information I would like to share with you on the forum, but I decided not to do so yet.

I want to keep working on the system quietly at my own pace. I sometimes need to leave it for a while to clear my mind.

The big deal is not writing the software, the big deal is continuously finding out how it can be made better (and faster). This requires good ideas (wich need constant evaluation on their validity).  I'm not just putting stuff in the software (like most others do) hoping it will work.

I know it is taking a long time to develop this thing, but it WILL be released when it is ready.

Regards,

Marco

Belgium
      Member #2220
      September 2, 2003
      553 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2005, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

ps: Lantern

Reverse engineering software is illegal ! No No

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23273 Posts
        Posted: August 23, 2005, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Marco.

It is his program, to do with as he chooses.

If someone is frustrated by his pace or his design decisions, they can make suggestions, but in the end it is up to the software author to choose what they want to do.  The marketplace will decide if the author did the right thing.

If someone wants something more, they are free to develop whatever they want.

But in that case, they should not call their software "Lotto Sync", because that would be an attempt to steal someone else's idea.  Also, to suggest reverse-engineering the software to do that is wrong, and a bad idea.

I really don't understand all the hostility that is directed towards Marco.  It seems to me that he has previously explained that he's taking a long break from writing any new versions.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2005, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I was not by any-means talking about reverse engineering.

I was talking about new software (not called "LottoSync") that would produce "like" results, the results would be cloned, but not the internal program's code itself.

As I understand this, even if anybody wanted to reverse engineer LottoSync, they could not do so, Marco made really sure of that, so that would never be an option to any-body and it is also illegal, I was never talking about that, I was talking about a program that would produce the same end results, but not with the same code as LottoSync has, a clone on the results produced only and not in the code that produces the results and as far as I know, that is not illegal and it's not reverse ingineering either.

Any-how the post produced a responce from Marco and some of us wanted to hear from him, so it accomplished something.

We don't want to let go of LottoSync at all and now we know for sure that we don't have to and that Marco is really still working on it and that sooner or later we will get a copy of version 1.8 or some other.

LottoSync is such a "SUPER" program that we just can't let it go, even if it means that we want somebody to clone it if we really have to, but it looks as if we don't have to.

Good luck to Marco and everybody else.

Canada
            Member #2352
            September 19, 2003
            42 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2005, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Now this is good news.

Great to hear from you Marco!

Fergus
              Canada
              Member #5532
              July 9, 2004
              87 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2005, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Marco for giving us an update and that LS 1.8 will eventually be coming our way.

Raziel

Canada
                Member #2859
                November 23, 2003
                463 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2005, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

nice to hear from you Marco, though it is a bit disturbing when you don't answer emails, it's as if you don't like me or you didn't want to discuss the program at all.

Either way it's good to know your still working on it, and i may be safe to say even a buggy released version in our hands and we will quickly help you work out the bugs asap !!!! 2 heads or better than 1

thanks

vick

Canada
                  Member #12229
                  March 8, 2005
                  28 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2005, 3:38 am - IP Logged

Sorry, one of my pet peeves: using "black box" reverse engineering methods (eg, input value X yields result Y, no disassembly/decompilation) is perfectly legal in most places - the volume of legal "work-alike" software in existance attests to that.

The ethics of doing so are another issue. 

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                    Member #3002
                    December 11, 2003
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: August 24, 2005, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Nice to see you around here again Marco.

Good Luck with the new version.

Dont be a stranger!

Thumbs Up

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2005, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I hope that a new version is ready for download by this next Christmas.

Big Grin Santa

Guru Santa

Fergus
                        Canada
                        Member #5532
                        July 9, 2004
                        87 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2005, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Same here Lantern.....I've been using LS 1.6 to play Keno......of course it is not designed for it but has done okay.  I have won Keno more with LS 1.6 in my modified way of doing it then I ever did with other software designed for Keno. 

LS 1.8 as we know will be designed for Keno andmany other lotto games. I,m sure the hit rate will be better.  Since guru has spent a lot of time on this product and keeps updating it with new concepts and ideas.  I hope it will be better then 1.6 and the buggy 1.7.

I'm guessing we'll need a super fast computer to run LS 1.8.

I'm thinking Guru has it done but he's waiting for processing power to catch up to his chip grinding algorithims Smile

Raziel

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2005, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Raziel

At the same time that Guru is making the program slower by improving the prediction accuracy, he is also improving the speed making it faster so in the end it might stay about the same speed as it is now more or less.

But because this way of predicting is very slow "so far" unless a big speed break-thru comes out it might still be best to have a fast PC.

Good luck.

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                            Member #3002
                            December 11, 2003
                            477 Posts
                            Posted: September 1, 2005, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

santa guru left out the deliveries last year, a christmas release would be most welcome this year.

Big Grin Santa

Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: September 1, 2005, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Maybe if people would treat his program and him better he would be more willing to release more versions more often and again maybe not, I don't know.

Good luck to all.