Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoSync needs cloning + development.

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MrBobb.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2005, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

No problema ! It is a problem of apparent meaning of the word "Random" and not of it's function.

Appears to be a contradiction of terms, but it's not.

Random is as ordered as anything can be, it does not have a choice, universal laws have no volition of their own, they have to follow predetermined scripts, God is a lord of order.

Because of the very extreme complexity of it's workings, to humans they might apear to be "Random" (there is the word again), the problem is with the meaning given by people to the specified funtion(s) and the word itself.

I said it before and will again, there is really no room in the universe for randomness, only order, randomness is chaotic and we can't have that.

Or as they say "There is a method to this madness".

There ia an "ALMOST" infinite "VARIANCE" and complexity to the precess(s), but there is an underlying order (an unseen by us order).

Take a look at these posts http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/73174

At what Guru says about Random.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

paurths's avatar - underground
    Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
    Belgium
    Member #19287
    July 29, 2005
    2254 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2005, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

No problema ! It is a problem of apparent meaning of the word "Random" and not of it's function.

Appears to be a contradiction of terms, but it's not.

Random is as ordered as anything can be, it does not have a choice, universal laws have no volition of their own, they have to follow predetermined scripts, God is a lord of order.

Because of the very extreme complexity of it's workings, to humans they might apear to be "Random" (there is the word again), the problem is with the meaning given by people to the specified funtion(s) and the word itself.

I said it before and will again, there is really no room in the universe for randomness, only order, randomness is chaotic and we can't have that.

Or as they say "There is a method to this madness".

There ia an "ALMOST" infinite "VARIANCE" and complexity to the precess(s), but there is an underlying order (an unseen by us order).

Take a look at these posts http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/73174

At what Guru says about Random.

Good luck.

True, universal laws have to follow predetermined scripts.
    But if "God", or whoever one takes as "creator", is a lord of order, that remains to be "seen"...

Even if random is as ordered as anything can be, or is not ordered, there is no way one can ever notice the order (if there) of randomness.
    We all talk about patterns, you can read the word "pattern" all over this forum. Even i have used it many times.
    Somehow, i can't see any posts where one talks about patterns also explains into detail what exactly the pattern is, what it does, and most important for lotteryplayers, how to see the pattern before it vanishes again.
    For pick3 the first digit is 3, the next draw its 5 and the draw after its 3 again. Some people call even this a pattern. Well, if there have been several thousands of draws, surely this "pattern" will repeat several times. But is it a pattern?
    Every digit has 1 in 10 odds to take that position. Every time the 3-digit hits in first position, the 5-digit has a possibility to follow the next draw. Eventually it will happen.

Patterns...

Perhaps in several hundreds of billions of years "randomness" can be analysed, when "it has completed"... don't know...

Anyway, those balls in the lottomachine can perhaps interact with some particles that travel through the universe, and perhaps this can affect somehow the way some ball acts in the machine. Now, how could someone ever forsee that "this" particle would pass earth, on those specific coordinates, at that specific time, if the particle talked about here has never been "noticed" before b/c it's on a journey through the universe?

Again, i don't know.

Perhaps it can be done, perhaps not. The odds just love the not-part.

Anyway, about "order in randomness", the entropy increases, instead of decreasing: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/.asp?tp=118416&sp=1&sq=stephen+hawking&sm=p&si=m&sf=0&sd=90&ss=dd&rp=Search&p=4

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3102 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:44 am - IP Logged

It's a random walk, a drunken stagger. You are trying to predict the next six steps based on the last X number of steps taken.  One shouldn't expect to be right all the time like reproducing an experiment in the lab.  This is a simple back alley wager where you only need to be correct once.  When you don't care about always being correct it ought to be possible to come up with a system that is occasionally correct.

BobP

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Personally, I don't think Guru's "wheel" needs anymore re-inventing... but I have made that journey with some programming experiments... If you are intrigued by the concept then by all means have at it. even when a system turns up a loser, you can have the satisfaction of saying "I tried". The KEY is in backtesting, running any system against already known results to "pick" the next known draw... that way you don't lose any money.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

paurths's avatar - underground
          Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
          Belgium
          Member #19287
          July 29, 2005
          2254 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2005, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I don't think Guru's "wheel" needs anymore re-inventing... but I have made that journey with some programming experiments... If you are intrigued by the concept then by all means have at it. even when a system turns up a loser, you can have the satisfaction of saying "I tried". The KEY is in backtesting, running any system against already known results to "pick" the next known draw... that way you don't lose any money.

I've been developing several modules (for pick3 & pick4).
          Each module, which uses different calculationmatrixes, works for an amount of time and sometimes produces astonishing results.

Then it fades away. Sometimes for several months, sometimes even for a period of years.

The key, to be able to know when one of them will work again and produce straights again on a very regular base, is to find why it does not work at other times.

Sometimes this just drives me nuts, not being able to find out why the code is working 2 months, and then especially why it is not working anymore, producing numbers that differ a value of 1 of the real drawn numbers.
          So the issue is to then write code that tracks the existing code...
          (i guess the next step is then to write code to track the trackingcode Jack-in-the-Box )

cahaba's avatar - moon
            Birmingham
            United States
            Member #18850
            July 21, 2005
            82 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2005, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone heard from Ion Saliu lately? Also, has anyone tested Ion and Guru's software head-to-head (asuming you can afford to). My playing partner and I are knee deep in analyzing some programs, as well as developing our own.

Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error 

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: October 26, 2005, 3:02 am - IP Logged

I no longer care for any kind of prediction programs, only for those that give statistics and tools that you can use to get your owns numbers with. I never found any programs that could give winning numbers often enough to be of use.

Also I don't think that I am ever going to get any more LottoSync updates, it looks as if 1.7 will be the last.

It also does not look as if anybody will ever try to make any lottery programs similar or the same in function as LottoSync, such a program must be beyond the skill of most computer programmers. Marco most be one of a kind.

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: October 26, 2005, 3:40 am - IP Logged

Thomsol had made a program called SimuLotto which could had been good or very good,but there where some very serious problems with it and Thomsol would not listen to his customers, so his program had to die, same as LottoSync, since Guru does not listen to his customers his program is in limbo and will stay there for an indefinite ammouint of time, evolve, shape up or die as Simulotto did, for lack of support, Thomsol was set on his ways and would not change his program. That is OK if you make a program for yourself, but if you want to sell it, then be ready to make changes to it, or see it die.

What a shame as both Simulotto and LottoSync had great potential.

Marco says that LottoSync is not dead yet, but to us, is just as good as dead, it is in limbo, same thing.

Thomsol failed to see that it was he himself who killed Simulotto, a person can be both, very bright and also very near sighted, just as Thomsol, he failed to evolve his program, it was good enough for him, but not for everybody else.

Just as LottoSync is good enough for Guru's lotto, but not for our own lottos.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19817 Posts
                  Posted: October 26, 2005, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Lottery programmers do listen to their customers, but all their customers want the same thing - a lottery program that will win lots of money with very little investment.  If they ever write such a program, they won't need any customers.  Most programmers know if their customers could find a better program for the same price, they wouldn't be buying theirs.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: October 26, 2005, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully people will start/continue supporting Lottery Post, where they can express all these different views.  Purchasing Premium memberships are great ways to do that.  Many thanks to all whose name appears with yellow highlighting.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: October 29, 2005, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

I've been developing several modules (for pick3 & pick4).
                      Each module, which uses different calculationmatrixes, works for an amount of time and sometimes produces astonishing results.

Then it fades away. Sometimes for several months, sometimes even for a period of years.

The key, to be able to know when one of them will work again and produce straights again on a very regular base, is to find why it does not work at other times.

Sometimes this just drives me nuts, not being able to find out why the code is working 2 months, and then especially why it is not working anymore, producing numbers that differ a value of 1 of the real drawn numbers.
                      So the issue is to then write code that tracks the existing code...
                      (i guess the next step is then to write code to track the trackingcode Jack-in-the-Box )

It's funny you mention the streak, and then a slow period. Way back, I was working on a Grouping of filters, so to speak.

When one filter ran it's course, then by a learned technique, someone could figure what filter to use next, based on the previous filter, or filters.

I did this one time, with precision, narrowing it down to just 15 numbers. The winner that night was in one of those 15. The problem was that I only remember parts of that proccess. I did it off the top of my head....it seemed kind of supernatural. Like what christians call " A word of knowledge". It left as quickly as it came.

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: October 29, 2005, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Well, to me the key is still the use of filters in the way in which I use them, I just have to get better at my own techniques.

Over all I have done better with Texas, because I was more familiar with the way the draws come out here, at times I have done a little better than at other times, sometimes I could win with 20 to 45 combos boxed-Any order 50 to 65 % of the time more or less at other times I might only win about 1 out of every 4 times or even only 1 out of every 5 times.

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: October 29, 2005, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Yes....I'm still trying to find the code or codes. I think I will never find it because it is way too complex.

Even if I had the new IBM computer that cost $110 million, that can do a trillion calculations a second, it wouldn't matter because the program is as good as the programmer, or the info that's inputed into the program.

The IBM computer described above, was designed to analyze nuclear explosions.

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: October 29, 2005, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Maybe in the future I might find a way or ways to do better.

The best thing would be to win straight even if not very often at all.

I straight win equals many boxed wins.

I will start to predict again sometime, but will start from almost the bottom after being away from the lottery for so long, I have not tried to get winning numbers in months, I think.

It will take a while to remember how I used to do it and then even longer to maybe get better if I can at all.

I don't buy the combos anyway, so it is O.K.

Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: October 29, 2005, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

The computer hardly matters, you can win with an old Commodore 64 with the right program(s) and techniques.

It is the techniques and or the programming that matters, not the speed of the computer, unless you are using LottoSync, the the speed does matter.

You can win with only pen and paper and no computer, I have done before with the sums chart from Lotto Logix that is at BobP's site, print it many times and use filters and a felt tip pen, you can win boxed if you know how, I have done before.

The techniques are all that matters, in my case they are my filter techniques.