Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto South- Potential New Draw Days

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What if Lotto South were to move to Mondays and Thursdays? Would you like that better?

Yes. [ 11 ]  [78.57%]
No. [ 3 ]  [21.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 14 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: September 5, 2005, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Anyone have a better idea?  I think this would get more Powerball and Mega Millions states to sign on to the game.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: September 5, 2005, 1:18 am - IP Logged

That would be a great idea. And maybe the larger states could put a niche game on Wednesdays and Saturdays in it's place.

(insert signature here)

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: September 5, 2005, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

Moving the draw nights to avoid conflict with PB probably would work. But I still say the biggest flaw with LS is that its 6/49 matrix is too small. Other southern states might be more willing to join if it had bigger jackpot potential.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: September 5, 2005, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Moving the draw nights to avoid conflict with PB probably would work. But I still say the biggest flaw with LS is that its 6/49 matrix is too small. Other southern states might be more willing to join if it had bigger jackpot potential.

But they need to be careful with adding more numbers. They don't want to make it too hard, for it's lower odds in comparison to PB and MM are the attraction. And they definately don't want to go to a 5+1 format, or they might find themselves with an even bigger turkey.

(insert signature here)

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: September 5, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot odds of Lotto South are 1: ~14 million. Given the populations of GA, KY, and VA, 1:24 million probably would be more appropriate. That would mean a 6/53 or 6/54 game WITHOUT adding a state. The South is rapidly growing.

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2005, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot odds of Lotto South are 1: ~14 million. Given the populations of GA, KY, and VA, 1:24 million probably would be more appropriate. That would mean a 6/53 or 6/54 game WITHOUT adding a state. The South is rapidly growing.

Those matrixes, or even a 6/55, would work fine. I'm talking like a 6/59 or something like that. That wouldn't work.

(insert signature here)

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2005, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

js:

NY has a 6/59 game (2 plays/$1), but as everyone knows, that is not my biggest criticism of its game. I'm willing to bet that the combined populations of Georgia, Kentucky, and Virginia is roughly that of NY, whose game has 1:22.5 million odds.

United States
                Member #5565
                July 11, 2004
                260 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

The biggest flaw with Lotto South is the jackpot increases by a fixed amount each week.  It should increase like all the other jackpot games.

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2005, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

ichoro:

I've noticed that too. At least the lower prizes change from draw to draw, if you don't mind pari-mutuel payouts.

Morrison, IL
                    United States
                    Member #4657
                    May 13, 2004
                    1884 Posts
                    Posted: September 5, 2005, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Those matrixes, or even a 6/55, would work fine. I'm talking like a 6/59 or something like that. That wouldn't work.

If Lotto South went 6/55 or 6/59, and assuming 1 play per $1, they should probably consider adding a match 2 prize category so the overall odds of winning won't be too high.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: September 5, 2005, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

ryan:

Lotto South does not have a bonus ball or use two drums. A 2/6 prize would be feasible since MA Ca$h WinFall (6/46) gives a free play for 2/6.

United States
                        Member #5565
                        July 11, 2004
                        260 Posts
                        Posted: September 6, 2005, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

ryan:

Lotto South does not have a bonus ball or use two drums. A 2/6 prize would be feasible since MA Ca$h WinFall (6/46) gives a free play for 2/6.

Substituting a bonus ball for the 6th ball would improve the game.  The odds for the 3-. 4-. and 5-ball matches would increase and they could increase the corresponding prizes to make the game more attractive, all done without changing the matrix.  It might actually result in a bigger jackpot prize as well, depending on sales.

United States
                          Member #1826
                          July 11, 2003
                          2645 Posts
                          Posted: September 6, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

ryan:

Substituting a bonus ball for the 6th ball would improve the game.  The odds for the 3-. 4-. and 5-ball matches would increase and they could increase the corresponding prizes to make the game more attractive, all done without changing the matrix.  It might actually result in a bigger jackpot prize as well, depending on sales.

Oh god. not another 5+1 game. That's what Mega is for! You don't want Lotto South to end up like Lotto Texas. The reason Lotto South is around is so they could keep a pick-6 game around.

(insert signature here)

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: September 7, 2005, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Lotto South someday could be the nation's #3 lotto game (after MM and PB.) It won't as long as the matrix stays at 6/49.

United States
                              Member #16612
                              June 2, 2005
                              3493 Posts
                              Posted: September 7, 2005, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I definately would because I want to see LOTTO South on Mondays and Thursdays so that way people can play any different lotto game every day except Sunday. This is an example from the Texas Lotto when they have Texas Two Step on Monday and Thursday, Mega Millions on Tuesday and Friday, and Lotto Texas on Wednesday and Saturday.