Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Remaining anonymous if you win jackpot?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Sparta, NJ
United States
Member #18331
July 9, 2005
1977 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2005, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I am confused. Who cares if they know who you are?  If you won a few thousand, maybe it will make a difference, but I doubt it.  You win the big bucks and it makes zero difference.  Those who want to find you will find you.  There will be a police reports of extra security, a document in the lottery building, or a simple thing found by a Freedom of Information search.  Private Detectives make a living do those.  Celebrity chasers make a living on this. Lawyers make a living doing this.  Why worry about it?

I live in a house in Sparta, NJ - I don't hide that from any one. No one has come after me, no one will.  When I hit the big one, I will move to an area that offers adequate protection.  I have no fear of being tracked like I was Angelina Jolie by a stalker. 

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23262 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2005, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Uh, you would care if a thief armed with a sawed-off shotgun entered your house in Sparta, methinks.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #5565
      July 11, 2004
      260 Posts
      Posted: November 10, 2005, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

If you watched that lottery winner program on TLC, one of the subjects said that there had been two abduction attempts on him.  You should be concerned.

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: November 10, 2005, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Uh, you would care if a thief armed with a sawed-off shotgun entered your house in Sparta, methinks.

I am a certified firearms self defense instructor, by the state of Texas and Oklahoma. I am certified by the NRA for shotgun, rifle, and handgun training.  I taught the Governor of Oklahoma, so he could obtain a concealed carry license. I spent five years on contract with ATF.  I am in more federal computers then you can count.  I promise you, enter my house unwanted and you will die. I spent 18 years as an Army Ranger, and 12 years with Special Forces, two consecutive terms in Viet Nam, one tour in the Congo, and many excursions into places most Americans cannot pronounce.  I have experience in killing people, and have no adversion to blood.  I could care less about the anti-gun mentality. There is never a gun, of some kind, more then five feet from me some where in the house.  I've even been known to carry one around the neighborhood.  Better to be tried by twelve, then carried by nine.  Go ahead, come through either door.  I spent my life preparing for that idiot.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice