Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The most important question on LP

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Do you play Quick Pick or Pick Your Own Numbers?

QUICK PICK [ 17 ]  [31.48%]
MY OWN NUMBERS [ 37 ]  [68.52%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
cahaba's avatar - moon
Birmingham
United States
Member #18850
July 21, 2005
82 Posts
Posted: November 16, 2005, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Sounds fantastic Brad!! Are you using skip medians, pairs, etc.?

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2005, 12:49 am - IP Logged
    I use many analytical algorithms.  Although the consecutive pairs of 20,21 got me this week, I did play 17, 18 in one line. I was expecting no consecutive really though, but I did have the right idea. I also follow the 45% repetition rule (that the same numbers of the last draw will not be drawn again.) I am actually pretty new to advanced analysis, and have come up with most of my systems on my own. However I am now looking into a few good books.
    But what I am doing now seems to be flirting with gold. I can only hope. Would be nice to actually see an LP member win big via a system, and I will be the first to announce it if I do. I also mix it up a lot with decades, repeats, odds and even sums, adjacent pairs/triples, identifiable subsets, defined/general patterns, positional limits, balance level analysis, elapse times, group analysis, hit frequency, low/high, high/low/ correlative frequencies, repetition pattern analysis, repetition frequency and rank analysis, leap frogs, trends, and more!
    I keep a 3 ring binder log of all the numbers I play, and my draw histories going back to 100 maximum. I also use 5 different colored highlighter markers to track my numbers, and all their consistencies. And as I said, I am new at this! But I am a fast learner, and it is indeed a fun hobby, and almost qualifies as a part-time job! But a job that could make me far more rich than any other job ever good, and it is actually enjoyable.
    I know many throw away all their past tickets, so they won't know whether or not their old numbers they played came up. Unfortunately I do not have that advantage, because as I said I keep logs of all my tickets. So I am hoping that I do not see a past played number come up. That would be a nightmare. But so far so good, but it has been close!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2005, 12:52 am - IP Logged

For some reason spaces do not work here?

Hmmmmm

test......

EDIT: ok they do here, but I can't keep my last post spaced? Strange.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2005, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

OK, Sirbrad and Cahaba...

Here's a "quick pick-quick pick" method that I'm experimenting with today. I've already entered my 25 picks for IL so I'm going to enter my experimental 25 picks for the CA pick 5 on the prediction board since it's the same game parameters.

I used the random.org sequence generator with the parameters between 1 and 39 and picked the first 20 numbers. The odds of winning the jackpot using 20 numbers is lowered from 575,000 to 1 to 15,500 to 1 if all 5 numbers come from the selected 20. The odds of this happening are 37-1 so you would only be "live" for the jackpot once a month but your odds on those draws are only one and a half times harder than winning the pick-4 straight.

If all 5 numbers come from the 20, the odds are 6.25 to 1 of hitting 4 and 3-1 of hitting 3 right.

From this subset of 20 numbers I used a RNG to come up with my final plays.

The 20 numbers in play are:

1-2-3-4-5-6-8-11-14-17-18-19-20-22-24-26-34-37-38-39

The RNG picks will be posted on the CA prediction board in a few minutes.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

cahaba's avatar - moon
          Birmingham
          United States
          Member #18850
          July 21, 2005
          82 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2005, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Rick-

10 and 25 threw a monkey wrench in for you. Even so, you only had 1 2 of 5 ticket. 

I will post some predictions for tomorrow's pick-5 in Florida.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2005, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Cahaba,

This is true re: CA's draw. But using the same method and picks for IL would have gotten 4 numbers picked out of the 20 RNG's. Although there were no 3 or 4 number matches it had seven lines with 2 out of 5 (28% of the combos played) and this is strictly RNG, no wheels.

I will continue this study for a while to see how it fares. But I'll limit it to IL and CA because IL uses ping pong balls and CA uses RNG's and both are 5/39 games. Should be interesting to compare randomness and wheels effectiveness.

In both cases, the total numbers were split in half (about) and in both cases the majority of the numbers picked came from the original RNG numbers.

Today I'm laying low from work so I'll try the same thing for FL tonight. I believe it's a 5/36 game. Will post results soon.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2005, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

PS....for FL I will try the same technique of cutting the playable numbers in half, so I will be using 18 RNG's and they'll be posted on the prediction board.

cahaba's avatar - moon
                Birmingham
                United States
                Member #18850
                July 21, 2005
                82 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2005, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Sounds good. Hopefully we will see a trend with your technique. I will be in Florida next Wednesday, so if you can generate some numbers for us, I will play them while I am there (assuming you are in a hot zone with it). I will generate some numbers of my own and send them to you for a comparison. I will also work on generating some combos for IL.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2005, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Cahaba,

Didn't do too well in FL last night...only 2 of my 18 #'s came in so it was a loser.

I was checking out WV Cash 25 game, a 6/25 game. They play it Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri. Sounds like an interesting game.

I'll be using the same technique on that game next week using 13 RNG's. We'll see what happens.

I posted some FL Fantasy 5 for tonight...hopefully they will do better than last night.

Good luck today!

cahaba's avatar - moon
                    Birmingham
                    United States
                    Member #18850
                    July 21, 2005
                    82 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2005, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Thanks Rick. We are actually researching Mega Money in Florida as well.

Chat soon,

Cahaba 

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2005, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Cahaba,

Didn't do too well in FL last night...only 2 of my 18 #'s came in so it was a loser.

I was checking out WV Cash 25 game, a 6/25 game. They play it Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri. Sounds like an interesting game.

I'll be using the same technique on that game next week using 13 RNG's. We'll see what happens.

I posted some FL Fantasy 5 for tonight...hopefully they will do better than last night.

Good luck today!

Cash 25 is a good game, but the top prize is only $25,000. In WV I'd play MUSL Hot Lotto.