Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LOTTERY’S First-ever millionaire raffle

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4529 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2005, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

First off, I think that any $20 ticket that does not guarentee you a prize is not worth playing at all.

Second, PA is holding a $20 raffle for a $1 million top prize. NY is holding a $2 raffle with a top prize of $50 million. What the hell was PA thinking?

So here's my take on the issue. Go out and buy a ticket! In fact, buy as many as you can. 500,000 is the maximum that they are selling, but I strongly doubt that PA will even be able to sell half that number. They've put themselves in a situation in which they may not be able to get out of. It's PA's loss here.

Please name one state run lottery game that DOES GUARANTEE a Prize with every purchase and I'd gladly buy it! The fact is- the games are risk takers. 

I do agree that NY's game is inticing with the ONE grand prize winner of 50 million, less tax. "The final number of second and third place prize levels will be determined by ticket sales. As with the Lottery's daily drawings, this drawing will be conducted under the observation of an independent auditor."-(taken directly from NY Lottery website)

And to curb the doubt, PA already sold over half the tickets so they've broke even as it is. They'll still fair well as will the winners who come forth. I look forward to hearing they sold out in the next two weeks. Especially since the King Kong drawing proceeds it, thus enticing PA players to buy those raffle tickets!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2005, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Honestly the powerball does not return crap for me either. So either way is no loss....or actually is. But a shot at a million ($700,000) is still a shot at a million either way. Maybe if I do actually get a decent return from the PB, I will buy a ticket for the raffle.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2005, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Less than 175,000 tickets remain in PA. I have no idea how slowly King Kong computerized tickets are going in NY.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2005, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I never hear about this types of promotions in Idaho. I would try my hand at one of these raffles if I were closer.

Dance like no one is watching.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2005, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

I never hear about this types of promotions in Idaho. I would try my hand at one of these raffles if I were closer.

Maybe the MUSL (Powerball) lotteries could get together for some kind of raffle game. I suppose the different kinds of lottery terminals would be a problem however.

PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Funny I went out looking for a ticket, but could not find one. I assumed it must have been a scratch off type found in machines. Finally I asked about them, and if they had the raffle tickets. Then they printed one out at the TERMINAL. I did not even know they were printed out. I also did not ask for one, I simply asked if they had them. But I was no way in hell going to let that possible "mistake ticket" sit. We all know what would be the case then. Smile But I did go there with the "intentions" of buying one. I really could not afford to spent $20 for one ticket, and it was a tough pill to swallow. But like another said, even the chances at $1,000 is pretty good. Not getting a return will suck, but all the returns are decent if you are lucky enough to get one. I Wanted to actually be in the 300,000 range, and I am.

I just hope to hit the million so that I can live comfortably off the interest, and have more money for powerball if I choose. Approve I would not complain too much with about $700,000 and at least 4% return. ($2400 per month) That is about $500 better than lucky for life after taxes!

A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4529 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2005, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad- I was glad to see that you entered the raffle! Between my associates and seeing some of the fellow PA onliners here who are in it, I'm going to use the six degree of Kevin Bacon Theory and say that one of these people will hit a prize! My hopes are up that you are one of them! New data shows ticket sales will be exhausted by this weekend! So you got yours in the knick of time!

PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2005, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I have a good feeling about this one. Hopefully one, or better yet all of us can hit at least one of the prizes! I would have gotten a few more tickets, but I wasted far too much money already on powerball and pick 3 and 4's this month. I wanted to wait until just the right time though. Maybe if I get a return on powerball tonight I will get another one. I would love the million, and would even love a thousand. Would be the best return I have got so far.

PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2005, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Well for get that. Matched 2 of 5, and 2 off by one digit. Powerball was 01, my QP had 9. But that powerball is going to be toast this saturday, I am saving big for it! Those balls will fall into my trap!

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: December 2, 2005, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

So who here has bought a ticket(s) so far? I know of a couple so far who said they did, anyone else? If bought any post here, and how many.

sirbrad 1 ticket  Lep

PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2005, 6:08 am - IP Logged

I wonder what happens if all the tickets are not sold? What if they have 50,000 left, would they count? Or would they just pick from the pot of all of those sold, thus lowering the odds drastically? Surely though they will claim that they sold them all, as they already advertising only less than 75,000 left. But how would we really know how many was actually out there? Skeptical Seems as though people seem to be buying them like hotcakes, just in time. I bet all are not sold until almost the last week or day. Imagine the odds if they only sold about 20! Now those are odds I would love!

PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: December 3, 2005, 6:14 am - IP Logged

Nevermind I was able to scrape up the answer after reading all the fine print. I was right. " In the Pennsylvania Lottery’s Millionaire Raffle drawing however, the ADM will select winning tickets at random from the tickets sold, and not winning numbers." But that would actually reduce the odds. But for some reason I am willing to bet that all those less than 75,000 tickets are as good as bought.

A long and winding road
                          United States
                          Member #17084
                          June 10, 2005
                          4529 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2005, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Sirbrad- Thanks for that update. Now I'm plum confused on the drawing procedure. But fear not! For I am very clear on how to claim that million! Since they seem to be selling 25,000 on average per day, these tickets will be sold out by Monday or Tuesday.

PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: December 3, 2005, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS:

ON NOV. 22ND BETWEEN 5:30 AM – 8 AM
                            THERE WAS A TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR ON
                            THE HEADER MESSAGE OF THE
                            MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE TICKETS.
                            500,00 SHOULD HAVE READ
                            500,000. THIS HAS BEEN CORRECTED
                            AS NOTED IN THE GAME RULES, 
                            500,000 TICKETS WILL BE SOLD.
                            ALL RAFFLE TICKETS ARE VALID
                            THE ERROR ON THE HEADER
                            MESSAGE DOES NOT AFFECT
                            THE PLAYABILITY OF THE GAME

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: December 5, 2005, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Pennsylvania LOTTERY’S First-ever raffle Game is An early Sell-out

All 500,000 Millionaire Raffle Tickets Sold In Less Than Two Weeks

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE DRAWING      

MIDDLETOWN – Tickets for the Pennsylvania Lottery’s groundbreaking Millionaire Raffle game have sold out in less than two weeks. 

Sales of Millionaire Raffle’s 500,000 tickets began on Tuesday, Nov. 22, and were to continue until Dec. 31 at 5 p.m., or until the tickets ran out.  The last Millionaire Raffle ticket was sold Monday, Dec. 5, at 2:42 p.m. 

The drawing for the game, which features four top prizes of $1 million, will be held on New Year’s Eve. 

“We’re thrilled by the overwhelming response to Millionaire Raffle,” said Lottery Executive Director Ed Mahlman, “and we look forward to creating four new millionaires on New Year’s Eve.”

Mahlman reminded Millionaire Raffle players to sign the backs of their tickets and keep them in a safe place until the New Year’s Eve drawing.

He noted that the success of Millionaire Raffle has already created thousands of winners throughout Pennsylvania.

“Millionaire Raffle ticket sales generated approximately $4.3 million for programs that benefit older Pennsylvanians,” he said,  “programs that include prescription drug assistance through PACE and PACENET, property tax and rent rebates, transportation assistance and a statewide network of senior centers.”

Millionaire Raffle features 509 cash prizes worth a total of $5 million.  The game will award four $1 million top prizes, five $100,000 second prizes and 500 third prizes of $1,000.

The winning tickets will be selected during the Lottery’s live, 7 p.m. drawing show on New Year’s Eve.  The top nine tickets will be broadcast live; the 500 third prize tickets will be posted at Lottery retailers and published on the Lottery web site at www.palottery.com.  All winning tickets will be selected by a Random Number Generator – or Automated Drawing Machine – certified by Gaming Laboratories International, the world's premier gaming products and systems testing company.

The eight-digit raffle number printed on Millionaire Raffle tickets must match the eight-digit raffle ticket number combination selected in the drawing – in the exact sequence in which it was selected – to be considered a winning ticket.

The odds of winning a $1 million top prize are 1-in-125,000; odds of winning a $100,000 prize are 1-in-100,000 and odds of winning $1,000 are 1-in-1,000.

About the Pennsylvania Lottery:  The Pennsylvania Lottery remains the only state lottery that designates all its proceeds to programs that benefit older residents.  Since its inception 33 years ago, the Pennsylvania Lottery has contributed more than $15.5 billion to programs that include property tax and rent rebates; free and reduced-fare transit; the low-cost prescription drug programs PACE and PACENET; and the 52 Area Agencies on Aging, including 650 full- and part-time senior centers throughout the state.  The Pennsylvania Lottery reminds its players to play responsibly.  Players must be 18 or older.