Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LOTTERY’S First-ever millionaire raffle

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2005, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Wow, they sold out even quicker than I thought!

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4529 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2005, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

dang! and why couldnt I had a sidebet on when they were to have sold out! I would have won! :) . I was actually going to buy one today when I did a scratch off that paid out $50.00. The lady at the checkout was getting hammered with *purchases*, and just didnt have the time to wait on lottery *folks*. (those were her words.) I do so enjoy being labeled a *lottery* folk. Cuz someday when I win *big* , I want *folks* to remember it was the lottery that gave them the job behind the counter :).  Glad to see the raffle was a success! I hope they make this a tradition for years end!.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2005, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

dang! and why couldnt I had a sidebet on when they were to have sold out! I would have won! :) . I was actually going to buy one today when I did a scratch off that paid out $50.00. The lady at the checkout was getting hammered with *purchases*, and just didnt have the time to wait on lottery *folks*. (those were her words.) I do so enjoy being labeled a *lottery* folk. Cuz someday when I win *big* , I want *folks* to remember it was the lottery that gave them the job behind the counter :).  Glad to see the raffle was a success! I hope they make this a tradition for years end!.

I'm sure we will, and there will be more tickets sold the next time.

(insert signature here)

PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2005, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad- Thanks for that update. Now I'm plum confused on the drawing procedure. But fear not! For I am very clear on how to claim that million! Since they seem to be selling 25,000 on average per day, these tickets will be sold out by Monday or Tuesday.

You called it! Did you buy a ticket? I forget if it was you or not who said they bought 4. If so, hope to see you in the limo on the way to pick up our million!

A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4529 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2005, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

yes I bought 4 of them. One for each season of the year to spend! :) See ya at the Lottery headquarters!

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
            Yinzer Country, PA
            United States
            Member #4067
            March 18, 2004
            2741 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2005, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I got a $100 winner and gave in and bought a ticket.  I was somewhere in the 00483000 range.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2005, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I am in the 00300,000 range. Right where I wanted to be! Lep

Aliquippa PA
                United States
                Member #8636
                November 12, 2004
                82 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2005, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Just want to say that I bought 4 of them also.  Hoping that I will get one of the top prizes.  I understand they are sold out.

Yinzer Country, PA
                  United States
                  Member #4067
                  March 18, 2004
                  2741 Posts
                  Posted: December 5, 2005, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

I was expecting PA to screw us all and allow for more tickets to be printed.  Knowing them, they would, since they have 3 weeks until the drawing.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Yinzer Country, PA
                    United States
                    Member #4067
                    March 18, 2004
                    2741 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2005, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Just throwing this out there. PA could have sold 10 million tickets for this drawing and made the top prize much bigge. Think about this. It prints out 8 digits. In theory they could have sold numbers 00000000-99999999, and made the top prizes much bigger. They should have done it like NY did theirs and not put a limit on how many tickets could be sold. That way, the top prize could get huge.

A long and winding road
                      United States
                      Member #17084
                      June 10, 2005
                      4529 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2005, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Doc- I agree that the prize payout would have grown tremedously. According to the website though- it was established that 500,000 was the limit. Once the rules are drawn up I dont think they are allowed to do an about face and change them after the tickets go on sale. Be it for the grandprize or the way they devy out the prize pool. Part of the enticement was the *odds* factor. Increasing tickets at this point would lower the odds... (PS- glad you bought a ticket!!May it be one of the winners!).

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2005, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

I think it is amazing that they sold out - especially after the complaining I saw on the early posts. I initially thought a chance at a million for twenty was worth a shot, then decided to go for two shots.  I had a lucky feeling that day.  Bought advance for PB and the last draw date will be my birthdate.  2005 has a chance to be a very good year.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: December 6, 2005, 3:29 am - IP Logged

Yeah actually if they would have made it larger, thus the odds lower to win, I may have not played. I was definitely enticed by the 1 in 125,000 odds. 1 in 500,000 whatever, either way I would be happy with a cool million. ($700,000 after all taxes?) I will stick to powerball for higher jackpots, and low odds. 

I would rather a few more games with lower prizes ($1 million minimum) and better odds to win it. This provides an alternative to always losing money to the powerball all the time. You get sick of the same jackpot games all the time. We need more promotions such as this. Also would work wonders for anonymity.

Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2741 Posts
                            Posted: December 6, 2005, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Ok. After thinking about it, here is what PA should have done for their raffle. They should not have sold the tickets in numerical order. Instead they should have jumbled them all up, and just had the computer record when a number was sold. That wouldn't be too hard considering they already keep a record of what ticket numbers were sold already for every other game.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2005, 12:20 am - IP Logged

I ended up getting one. took that ticket and $8 in excehange for a PB ticket worth $28. That was the only way I was gonna play, so I will consider it fate.

of course since then I have been on a PB losing streak :-(

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.