Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Vtracs 102

Topic closed. 165 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 5 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: November 27, 2005, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Quote tntea:
"I could use some lessons on that..."

pulling draw data from state websites? anytime... we all owe you big!

I never hesitate to give back to the LP community with excel when I can... I learned ALOT about excel here in the forums. there are a bunch of tech-savvy excel wizards on the LP doing some very creative things, and I thank them all for what I have gained skill-wise.

Got a few questions here..

First let me warn you .. I am computer  illiterate or should I say... excel illiterate.

People in the past have sent me some info on excel.. and it remains as it was sent.. Did not have clue to what I was suppose to do with it..

question.. is there an excel program I have to have to work with before I can use what is sent?

This stupidity of excel had made me forget my other question.. ( or it could be age..)

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2005, 12:30 am - IP Logged

tntea, you are doing a great job.  It would be great if all systems were explained in depth.

Thought maybe in the future, the threads would get separated or lost.  Maybe these 2 links will be of some help:

Vtrac 101 - the beginning

Vtrac 101 Chapter 2

not sure how you made those links.. but could you do one for Vtracs 102 so I can add it to my Signature..We are about to start Chapter 2 of Vtracs 102

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2005, 12:35 am - IP Logged

hmm here is an interesting observation
      last night in PA, a251 (v312)
      tonight in DE, a206 (v312)

my goodness, I think have seen my first travelling vtrac! is that right tntea?

Bingo.. have you made a chart for DE.. so you can back test it...  You are doing super..

js1237's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
        NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #3100
        December 23, 2003
        334 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2005, 1:13 am - IP Logged
        Quoted:

Hi Tntea,

I have done my homework and have NY-11-01-11-26-05 and NJ 11-22-11-26-05 in my spiral notebbok.

What should I do next? Can you provide step by step instructions, including the results which will be the numbers to play in NY/NJ.  Thanks, JS...

Hi TNTEA,

Need help...please reply to my attached inquiry.  Thanks, JS.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2005, 2:52 am - IP Logged

tntea,

Here you go...

(I coded them in HTML mode)

Vtracs 102

Vtracs 102 Chapter 2

Michigan
            United States
            Member #22395
            September 24, 2005
            1583 Posts
            Posted: November 28, 2005, 3:09 am - IP Logged

tntea,

>question.. is there an excel program I have to have to work with before I can use what is sent?

Yes.

Excel is a spreadsheet that comes with Microsoft Office. Spreadsheets can be used for accounting or almost anything involving math. When you open it, you will see a grid - and it will be empty.  No equations until you write them and enter them.  Then when you enter data, it provides almost instant answers to your equations.

hypersoniq has the equations he used and offered them previously.  Those can be imported into the spreadsheet, so that you do not have to enter them manually.  You end up having a "custom" spreadsheet that will do whatever he programmed into it.

There are other spreadsheets out there that are Excel compatible, it is possible that one might have been included on your computer when you bought it.

Michigan
              United States
              Member #22395
              September 24, 2005
              1583 Posts
              Posted: November 28, 2005, 11:50 am - IP Logged

tntea

I have questions.

Traveling Number Mirror States:

VIRGINIA = MICHIGAN

MICHIGAN = SOUTH CAROLINA

I know it isn't your list but can you clarify if it means that numbers showing up in Virginia will travel to Michigan or is it the list meant to be read this way...Since I live in Michigan, I go down the States on the left until I come to Michigan and see that South Carolina is the State the numbers travel from?

From my November workout, it appears that numbers travel from VA to MI.  But I don't see much correlation between MI and SC at all (either way).

Also, once you find mirror States, is that etched in stone?  Or do you have to keep updating what State is the mirror every week? month?

paurths's avatar - underground
                Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                Belgium
                Member #19287
                July 29, 2005
                2254 Posts
                Posted: November 28, 2005, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

wow paurths, nice data to have!

PA evening seems a bit light on draws(@2700)...
                I stopped tracking pick3 in PA eve 7/25/2004....

from inception (3/1/1977) until 7/25/2004 there were 9,357 draws.

I will eventually backtest against all of 'em, but tntea isn't done with the lessons just yet.

also they had an area after 7/25/04 where they had a "bonus draw" on the same night if a green ball came up.... that lasted a few months and I need to add all of that data yet.

I don't have all the drawings, i know.
                Not all official sites offer a download-possibility that is somewhat "workable" before importing it into my database.
                If it's too much trouble, i get the draws from another place, but it only goes back until 1998.

I pulled data from PA's site one year at a time, then simply pasted it into excel, sorted by date ascending, cleaned up the formatting, and it was ready for export/"save as" to any type of file (including CSV, for database import)

17 years (at the time) in under 10 minutes ;-)

I am still updating the entire list to date, I am wondering if MS access might be a better choice... or at least maintain an access DB along with the excel sheets...

My software works on MS Access tables. (and connection to SQL-server, but i doubt anyone around here has that...)
                The problem with access is, it rapidly grows very big, becoming pretty slow.

As  long as you keep the data ordered there will no problem when you decide to transfer the data between excel and access..
                Excel has better (faster) calculationfunctions, but access is what it is, a relational database...

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: November 28, 2005, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

tntea

I have questions.

Traveling Number Mirror States:

VIRGINIA = MICHIGAN

MICHIGAN = SOUTH CAROLINA

I know it isn't your list but can you clarify if it means that numbers showing up in Virginia will travel to Michigan or is it the list meant to be read this way...Since I live in Michigan, I go down the States on the left until I come to Michigan and see that South Carolina is the State the numbers travel from?

From my November workout, it appears that numbers travel from VA to MI.  But I don't see much correlation between MI and SC at all (either way).

Also, once you find mirror States, is that etched in stone?  Or do you have to keep updating what State is the mirror every week? month?

Super question...

if you are seeing some comparisons with VA to MI.. I would go there....

In meantime.. watch what other states have VA numbers.. and MI...

Remember.. some other state may have a VA number before VA gets it and it eventually ends up in MI..

So that is important too....

I have data on MI somewhere in this office that will tell me which states I was using.. If I can find it I will pm you with it..

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: November 28, 2005, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

wow paurths, nice data to have!

PA evening seems a bit light on draws(@2700)...
                    I stopped tracking pick3 in PA eve 7/25/2004....

from inception (3/1/1977) until 7/25/2004 there were 9,357 draws.

I will eventually backtest against all of 'em, but tntea isn't done with the lessons just yet.

also they had an area after 7/25/04 where they had a "bonus draw" on the same night if a green ball came up.... that lasted a few months and I need to add all of that data yet.

I don't have all the drawings, i know.
                    Not all official sites offer a download-possibility that is somewhat "workable" before importing it into my database.
                    If it's too much trouble, i get the draws from another place, but it only goes back until 1998.

I pulled data from PA's site one year at a time, then simply pasted it into excel, sorted by date ascending, cleaned up the formatting, and it was ready for export/"save as" to any type of file (including CSV, for database import)

17 years (at the time) in under 10 minutes ;-)

I am still updating the entire list to date, I am wondering if MS access might be a better choice... or at least maintain an access DB along with the excel sheets...

My software works on MS Access tables. (and connection to SQL-server, but i doubt anyone around here has that...)
                    The problem with access is, it rapidly grows very big, becoming pretty slow.

As  long as you keep the data ordered there will no problem when you decide to transfer the data between excel and access..
                    Excel has better (faster) calculationfunctions, but access is what it is, a relational database...

Crying  This is blowing me a way..  I dont understand it..

Do I need to check to see if I have microsoft?

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: November 28, 2005, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

TNTEA

Whats with these v-tracs?

The v-trac 1 has been drawn 36 times out of 51 combined draws. and the other v-tracs are almost equal on draws, 28,29,29& 31 draws.

We have a bias on the 1 v-trac here is that common for the 1 v-trac.
                      These v-tracs kill me with the reapeat,reapeat,reapeat, Is that something we need to get tuned in on.

I personally like to track mid and eve combined.[ my preference ]
                      I also track it in my software for exact order stuff too.

WHATT

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: November 28, 2005, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

TNTEA

Whats with these v-tracs?

The v-trac 1 has been drawn 36 times out of 51 combined draws. and the other v-tracs are almost equal on draws, 28,29,29& 31 draws.

We have a bias on the 1 v-trac here is that common for the 1 v-trac.
                        These v-tracs kill me with the reapeat,reapeat,reapeat, Is that something we need to get tuned in on.

I personally like to track mid and eve combined.[ my preference ]
                        I also track it in my software for exact order stuff too.

We get that in TN.. but we dont get enough of vtrac 1...

it has been out of evening draw since November19

As for repeating vtracs.. that is what we are learning.. how to find that repeater.. and eat her...

United States
                          Member #351
                          May 15, 2002
                          78 Posts
                          Posted: November 28, 2005, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I live in Indiana.  What states mirror Indiana.  I can't seem to hit.

Joi8830

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: November 28, 2005, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I live in Indiana.  What states mirror Indiana.  I can't seem to hit.

Are you playing the vtracs way?.. if not that could be the reason.. We have a class set up for learning how to win using vtracs.. Start with vtracs 101... and you will learn it step by step

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: November 28, 2005, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Quote tntea:
                              "I could use some lessons on that..."

pulling draw data from state websites? anytime... we all owe you big!

I never hesitate to give back to the LP community with excel when I can... I learned ALOT about excel here in the forums. there are a bunch of tech-savvy excel wizards on the LP doing some very creative things, and I thank them all for what I have gained skill-wise.

Got a few questions here..

First let me warn you .. I am computer  illiterate or should I say... excel illiterate.

People in the past have sent me some info on excel.. and it remains as it was sent.. Did not have clue to what I was suppose to do with it..

question.. is there an excel program I have to have to work with before I can use what is sent?

This stupidity of excel had made me forget my other question.. ( or it could be age..)

tntea...

if you have excel, clicking the windows "START" button, then the RUN button that pops up when you click START will open a dialog box... in that, type EXCEL and click O.K. ... this will cause excel to launch.

if you get a message indicating that excel is a bad/missing file or command, then you do not have it.

you can install a free excel viewer, but this is a viewer, not allowing changes to be made. you can find that here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx

excel workbook files end with .xls

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Page 5 of 12