Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

About Jorli D

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 11 years ago by nanmaxsplace.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
rainbow lake
Canada
Member #25177
November 2, 2005
10764 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2005, 12:54 am - IP Logged

MAY THE GAOTU BE WITH YOU, AND YOURS.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2005, 1:35 am - IP Logged

i will also say some prayers for the family.

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
      Member #17834
      June 28, 2005
      2083 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2005, 1:42 am - IP Logged

My prayers are with you Jorli

Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

lady bren's avatar - yocco
        los angeles california
        United States
        Member #22987
        October 6, 2005
        340 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2005, 1:49 am - IP Logged

One of our LP family needs our prayers right now.  Jorli D, who is one of the nicest people I know is in Chicago right now...travelling from Michigan to Chicago with her baby and husband.  Her baby is very ill and the doctors here sent the baby (Genevieve, one of the twins), to Chicago for surgery because they could not help her here.

I just talked to Jorli on the phone.  She called me from the hospital.  Things do not look good.  She asked me if I would have everyone here pray for her baby.  We should also pray for Daniel and Jorli to have the strength to get thru this.  They have been at the hospital non-stop thru this whole ordeal. Jorli hasn't slept or eaten.  I am glad she took a moment away to call me.

I hope you all will pray for this family! 

Numbers just don't seem important to me today. 

My sympathy  to you and your family, Jorli D  God bless, keep  baby  jena  safe.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2005, 3:19 am - IP Logged

Jesus said "Nobody goes to the Father, but by (Or Thru) me.

So let us pray to Jesus to have mercy on the baby. Either way, God's will be done, whatever it might be. It was also said that all healing comes from God, but God is not deaf and prayers move him, whatever is asked of him (The Father) in Jesus' name, he listens to and he is moved by prayers and by faith and the more, the better.

Whatever happens, there is a reason for everything, even if God is the only one who knows why.

Sometimes, what appears to us to be the worse, it was really for the best, we don't know the future and why, but God does.

If the Baby leaves, may God have mercy on her soul. The soul is all that really counts after all.

But I think that this baby is staying (if it is also God's will), but I think that it might be so.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

MollyG's avatar - happy
            TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
            United States
            Member #9019
            November 25, 2004
            523 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2005, 6:03 am - IP Logged

Sandy, thank you so much for being the "middle-man".  Please continue to keep us informed.

Jorli, I stand in agreement with all the others, praying for your family, you, your husband, your two healthy children and Gena. May the Lord give you strength and courage to face what is happening in your life.  As Lantern said, we don't know the WHY'S sometime, but God does.  I pray that your family will come through this with more love and faith than ever thought possible.  My heart goes out to you and your husband, having to make a home, currently, in the hospital with your other children.  THAT is very tough. Be strong and keep your faith and may the Lord bless you.

MollyG 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31343 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2005, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

any news???

love to nibble those micey feet.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                Clarkston, Michigan
                United States
                Member #76
                January 6, 2002
                8528 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2005, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

No Emily, nothing today so far.  Her phone is shut off when she is in the hospital so I just have to wait for her call, if she calls.  She is very tired.  I hope she sleeps today.

Sandy

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31343 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2005, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

thank you sandy - a sick child is a mother's worst nightmare.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2005, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Sandy,

Thanks for sharing the news about Jorli. She is a sweetheart and one of my good friends here at LP. I also will keep her child and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Chicago has a few of the best hospitals in the country and especially one for children (I believe it is St. Jude's). Her child is in the best hands possible. May she be healed.

Tell Jorli we all said "Hi" and to keep the faith.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                      Clarkston, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #76
                      January 6, 2002
                      8528 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2005, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Next time she calls, I will ask her what hospital Rick!  We never got around to just "chatting"....she just gave me the facts and prognosis and what the doctors think.  Yes, she is a sweetheart.  That is why this is so upsetting to me.  Would upset me about anyone on here having to go thru this but when it is a friend of yours, it just hits home more.

Sandy

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #2448
                        October 4, 2003
                        25882 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2005, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone and thank you all so very much for the prayers to my wife and I.  I have returned from Chicago with our 2 sons and Jorli remains with our daughter Genevieve, or Gena as Sandy K, has nicknamed her.  We have decided to use Jorli's blog to update news on the baby. I will blog the updates maybe every other day, but will always blog when a significant bit of news is given to us.

Sandy, Jorli will continue to call you as she can.  As you know cellphones are limited in certain areas of the hospital, and she and her parents will do shifts with the baby, even though I'm sure Jorli will continue to stay in the room around the clock with Gena.

I can tell you all, Gena will be back in Michigan on Sunday.  A Medical Transport Helicopter will transfer her to the U of Michigan Childrens Facility.  It is at that time a determination on when Gena will be home will be made.

Gena has lost sight in both eyes and it is permanent.  Her diagnosis was retinablastoma, and though Jorli and I were told she would lose sight in one eye, once the surgeon began the surgery, he discovered a cluster of 3 tumors located on the innercranial right orbit to the center of Gena's forehead. That took away all hope he could spare one eye.  We have began coping with that horrible outcome, but we remain focussed on Gena's care and the fact she is so well loved.  We are forever thankful for all 3 of our children and to all of you for your kind thoughts prayers and concerns. 

God Bless You All,

Daniel & Jorli

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2005, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone and thank you all so very much for the prayers to my wife and I.  I have returned from Chicago with our 2 sons and Jorli remains with our daughter Genevieve, or Gena as Sandy K, has nicknamed her.  We have decided to use Jorli's blog to update news on the baby. I will blog the updates maybe every other day, but will always blog when a significant bit of news is given to us.

Sandy, Jorli will continue to call you as she can.  As you know cellphones are limited in certain areas of the hospital, and she and her parents will do shifts with the baby, even though I'm sure Jorli will continue to stay in the room around the clock with Gena.

I can tell you all, Gena will be back in Michigan on Sunday.  A Medical Transport Helicopter will transfer her to the U of Michigan Childrens Facility.  It is at that time a determination on when Gena will be home will be made.

Gena has lost sight in both eyes and it is permanent.  Her diagnosis was retinablastoma, and though Jorli and I were told she would lose sight in one eye, once the surgeon began the surgery, he discovered a cluster of 3 tumors located on the innercranial right orbit to the center of Gena's forehead. That took away all hope he could spare one eye.  We have began coping with that horrible outcome, but we remain focussed on Gena's care and the fact she is so well loved.  We are forever thankful for all 3 of our children and to all of you for your kind thoughts prayers and concerns. 

God Bless You All,

Daniel & Jorli

Prayers are with you and your Family Daniel.. Thanks for sharing with us the update..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

undress's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                            roseville, MI
                            United States
                            Member #5980
                            July 30, 2004
                            18205 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2005, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Dan tell Jorli.....We love her.....Can't wait till here all the great progress Gena is going to make....

God bless your family

Undress

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                              United States
                              Member #3489
                              January 25, 2004
                              14120 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2005, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

God Bless You All,

Daniel & Jorli

Daniel (and Jorli, of course).  I'm so sorry to hear about Gena losing her sight.  I know it will be tough on the two of you, but with God's help you can help Gena get through it, too.  At least she is alive and losing ones sight is not the end of the world (although it might seem like it right now).

My family and I will continue to pray for you and all the medical workers that touch Gena.  I will keep tabs on Jorli's Blog for further updates.