Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

SoniQ BOOM, a new P3/P4 system (Excel)

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 11 years ago by xavier102772.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Anna, TX
United States
Member #26720
November 21, 2005
263 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

well, when its calculating, it will appear as if its locked up. You have to wait.  If you hit cntrl alt dlt to get to task manager you will see the process moving for excel. In windows xp, it may even say not responding under applications but under processes, it will be moving.

it takes a while!

He fixed my sheet that had negative ones, I can send it to you if you like. 

Calgary
    Canada
    Member #9419
    December 7, 2004
    228 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2006, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, it looks like patience is key when waiting for the sheet to update.  If you could send the updated spreadsheet I would definately appreciate it.  Thanks hareless.  Oh and BTW, did you get similar results with the hits when you had the -1's in your original spreadsheet?

Anna, TX
      United States
      Member #26720
      November 21, 2005
      263 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2006, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

yes I did, but when it was fixed, it was in the 40's. what is your email?

Calgary
        Canada
        Member #9419
        December 7, 2004
        228 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2006, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the updated spreadsheet hairless.  Total number of straight hits(3) for my 3240 pick3 draws in Western Canada is 47. 

Cost of play = $3240

Winnings = 47 * 500 = $23500

7.25 ratio of cost to winnings.  Nice.

Side note for Soniq:  The greatest frequency of hits in my draws occurred between ~1400-1800 draws for 11 hits out of the 47.  Which seems to be hitting at double the frequency of the rest of the draw history.  If you have the other spreadsheet with the rolling history and the new tie digit choosing, I'd really like to check it out and see how it performs with my Pick3 file.  Thanks Soniq.   

Anna, TX
          United States
          Member #26720
          November 21, 2005
          263 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2006, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

No problem. Hope it helps. I can't wait to see the new sheet. Esp since I am having that funky problem with the predition draws. It could just be my  beat down processor, I think its time for a new one.  plus im not sure what was changed to reverse the order of the digits.

Anna, TX
            United States
            Member #26720
            November 21, 2005
            263 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2006, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

And by the way soniq, I am willing to work on more states for you.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2006, 5:46 am - IP Logged

thanks everyone for all the kind words and helpin' eachother out! 1 reason why LP is the best!

I will replace the SB3 and SB4 sheets on my website with the rolling history versions either thurs. or fri., when I have some more time. (SB4_roll not finished yet)

right now, my cable modem is getting some wierd intermittent failures (needs to be replaced, doing that tonight with a new LinkSys model.

I posted older versions to the website by mistake, hareless has the right one at the moment, the problem is the -1's they are removed by replacing (for example)

=SUMPRODUCT(--($M$3:$M9890=$M9890),--($J$3:$J9890=Q$1))-1

with

=IF((SUMPRODUCT(--($M7890:$M9890=$M9890),--($J7890:$J9890=Q$1))=0),0,SUMPRODUCT(--($M7890:$M9890=$M9890),--($J7890:$J9890=Q$1))-1)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Calgary
                Canada
                Member #9419
                December 7, 2004
                228 Posts
                Posted: January 4, 2006, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Thanks soniq.  Also, if you have time could you post the high to low digit versions as well.  Or alternately, if you let us know the formula and what the new formula are that need to be changed.  Since we have the base version right now, that may be easiest. 

Calgary
                  Canada
                  Member #9419
                  December 7, 2004
                  228 Posts
                  Posted: January 4, 2006, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Been trying to do a test on getting a 3 number straight pick.  I deleted all the rows until the row prior to the win and when I try to run it and recalculate, excel either doesn't calculate or it calculates incorrectly.  The hits that ocurred for the precursor don't show up in the count section.  I went back ad manually checked and they should be there but they aren't counted.  Usually I just get the winner to be 000, which is not correct.  Is there something I need to do to get it to work correctly or is there a bug in the sheet.  I'll be checking the full sheet again to see if there is the same counting errors. 

Calgary
                    Canada
                    Member #9419
                    December 7, 2004
                    228 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2006, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Yes, definately a counting error bug Soniq.  Doing a few checks:

announcer numbers 51: excel counted digit #2, 1 time; should have counted digit #1, 1 time and digit #2, 1 time. 

announcer numbers 56: excel counted digit #2, 1 time and digit #5, 1 time; should have counted digit #2, 2 times and digit #5, 1 time. 

I can send you my file if you want to check/verify.  I'll be doing a quick check of your original data file momentarily and let you know if the bug is there as well.  Pretty sure it will be.  I'll let you know. 

Calgary
                      Canada
                      Member #9419
                      December 7, 2004
                      228 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2006, 11:58 am - IP Logged

yep, looks like the bug is in your original file as well.  definately does not count correctly. 

Calgary
                        Canada
                        Member #9419
                        December 7, 2004
                        228 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2006, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

hareless, perhaps you could check your files as well?  maybe it's just my excel.  not likely, but it's possible.

Anna, TX
                          United States
                          Member #26720
                          November 21, 2005
                          263 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2006, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

I will check. I am calculating right now so its in a trance...LOL.

Is it thursday or Friday yet?

One thing I have noticed lately, is when I put in the new draw,  the previous days pick changes but it keeps whatever number does hit ( think). I know it wasn't doing that originally. First I noticed in in the night, but my day and combine were fine. I reapplied the formulas for those 3 columns for night and it was fine after that. but now my day and combine are doing that. It doesn't make any sense to me because there is nothing in the formula that points to the cells below.

Anna, TX
                            United States
                            Member #26720
                            November 21, 2005
                            263 Posts
                            Posted: January 4, 2006, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

also when I get done I am going to zip the file and put in on my ftp site so anyone can grab it.

Anna, TX
                              United States
                              Member #26720
                              November 21, 2005
                              263 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2006, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

well, excel is still busy, but I was able to FTP it to my site without my computer getting up and wacking me upside the head. I think it wanted too though.

here's the link