Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

SoniQ BOOM, a new P3/P4 system (Excel)

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 11 years ago by xavier102772.

Page 3 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Anna, TX
United States
Member #26720
November 21, 2005
263 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2006, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

yeah, I feel your pain.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2006, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

fret not hareless (unless of course you play the guitar) Guitar

I am working on version 2 which skips backtesting and just gives picks (hoping to make updating for each state a snap)... I outlined my goals for v2 in my blog and also called out openly for requests, so if anyone has requests for the v2, add 'em to my blog... I will start a new thread for v2 when it's ready for distribution.

before I work on v2 though, I need to do recalcs for rolling history...

right now I am maintaining 4 sheets (pick3, the pick3 high-to-low, pick4 and pick4 h2l [recalcing now])

not to mention one for the MASS numbers game and one for texas evenings(not updating, just checking over)

I will need to apply a recalc to each rolling history version also, which means that I will have 8 full sheets for PA. (what did I get myself into? LOL)

it will mean that 8 picks are possible, 4 for pick3 and 4 for pick4, so V2 will be 2 .xls files, one for p3 and one for p4... each generating 4 picks based on the criteria above (in the first 4 sheets)...

I would really like to get to the point where every year in the pick3 history has at least 1 straight hit...

my ideas are a bit quicker than my pentium4's ability to test them :-(

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Anna, TX
      United States
      Member #26720
      November 21, 2005
      263 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2006, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

I hope my spreadsheet helps.

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2006, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

recalc done... upped the straight hits from 11 to 15 in PA big 4, but the last hit was 1998 :-(

now it's time to see them together...

Straight hits low-to-high
        4/8/1984
        3/25/1988
        4/8/1988
        12/10/1988
        2/26/1989
        9/27/1989
        8/7/1990
        6/7/1995
        1/31/1998
        4/21/1999
        7/20/2001

straight hits high-to-low
        9/30/1982
        9/2/1984
        10/25/1984
        6/11/1986
        6/15/1986
        9/11/1987
        9/1/1989
        9/22/1989
        10/25/1989
        3/28/1991
        4/10/1991
        9/9/1991
        8/17/1992
        11/26/1997
        10/31/1998

now let's see the numbers... if you played 2 numbers a day (when they differ would be cheaper but for argument's sake...)

total cost (@$2 a day) = $14,746

total wins (26 @ $5,000) = $130,000

net profit = $115,254 ... that's respectable ;-)

in the last 15 draws, the SB system called for the same number on both sheets 6 times, so overall cost would be way less... still those pesky gaps, but that's not bad for $2 a day in pick 4... better than either system alone ;-) and totally destrys cyclic hit rate (which is 1 every 4,998 draws... or with 2 a day, 1 every 2499 draws)

progress...

on to the rolling history portion of the experiments...

moreno1966's avatar - techno eye.jpg
          roxbury
          United States
          Member #26651
          November 20, 2005
          43 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2006, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

great job hypersoniq i think this is the one.i'll be keeping a eye in MASS .let you know how it goes.this is it retxx

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2006, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

first sheet is undergoing recalc... hoping it gets done in under 2 hours :-(

this is adding a rolling history (2000 draws at a time) because the system sheets in PA hold the majority of their hits in that range. I am hoping to get recalc time on the PC and have them done by the weekend so I can begin with Version 2. so far every test has returned more hits than the previous one.

in the end, the system should spit out 4 numbers for each game (pick4 and pick3)... if they match then you can eliminate one... or all... it will entirely depend on the results of the current recalc, otherwise v2 will consist of just 2 picks for pick 3 (or 2 picks for pick 4)

pick4 seems "due" soon but patience is the name of this game...

remember, ALL systems are for entertainment purposes only... play at your own risk. Also, NO system guarantees a win for a reasonable bet (worst this system will call for is $8 (4 for pick3 and 4 for pick4)).

SB has big gaps yet (years!), I am trying to fill them in with progressively better test results. V2 will just be a number generator, no backtests or hit counts.

this is just the PICK part of the system, a play/don't play strategy needs to be established also.

My ultimate goal is to get straight hits while doing it as cheap as humanly possible, hence there will not be any BOXED backtests because that's not how the system was developed.

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2006, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

WOW!

rolling history is the ticket!!!!!!!!

116 hits on the sheet that had 64!

only year missed was 1983!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's $26,000 MORE than  the entire history pick!

last wins = 4 straight in 2005!!!!

I MUST apply this to the sheet with over 800 wins...

this does it! beats money won AND the Cyclic hit rate!

2000 draw rolling history was the knockout punch! Thanks WSLS for sending me down that road for ideas!

this is gonna take forever in pick4, but it should be worth it in the end...

with results like this, I might actually PLAY the pick 3/4 (that's a powerful statement if you know me, I ONLY play PB, and one ticket at that!)

when I release v2, I will still maintain and update the backtest sheets (continuous improvement hopefully) so everyone else can skip the long recalcs.

Hopefully we can get a real winner from the system... but I have waited 28 years, I can hold out a bit longer...

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2006, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

the other version of the P3 SB sheet, the high-to-low... produced 134 hits! (had 83)

only missed 1986, picked 2 straights in 2005...

made $25,500 MORE than with full history!

for kicks, playing both...

cost = $19,774

total won = $125,000

net profit = $105,226

all without missing at least ONE straight hit EVERY YEAR!

I gotta do some more comparisons, but this seems like it's working!

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
                  BOSTON
                  United States
                  Member #48
                  September 9, 2001
                  3593 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2006, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I think I might just delete all the versions for now and wait for your green light on V2. Do you agree hyper?

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: January 2, 2006, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

retxx: you can feel free to experiment and you can use the MASS 4 sheet as-is for now,but if you prefer to wait, I think the results will end up being better in the long run.

but DO feel free to check out different scenarios. You can't break the sheet,and if you do...d/l it again ;-)

Calgary
                      Canada
                      Member #9419
                      December 7, 2004
                      228 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2006, 2:16 am - IP Logged

Just a simple idea for you Soniq.  Perhaps you could incorporate a count of the skips between the straight hits in your spreadsheet.  This way you can play less and hopefully increase your winning vs spending ratio. Also, calculate the median skip of the hits so that you could employ a strategy to take advantage of the skips and it's median.

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2006, 5:23 am - IP Logged

Just a simple idea for you Soniq.  Perhaps you could incorporate a count of the skips between the straight hits in your spreadsheet.  This way you can play less and hopefully increase your winning vs spending ratio. Also, calculate the median skip of the hits so that you could employ a strategy to take advantage of the skips and it's median.

I like that idea!

the ratio I'm after improving is plays to hits... that's LOW

we seem to be doing good in bets to prize money, and improving plays to hits will make that go up even further.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
                          BOSTON
                          United States
                          Member #48
                          September 9, 2001
                          3593 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2006, 11:29 am - IP Logged

hyper your instructions for using the F9 were perfect. I would like to express my appreciation for all the help we all get from hyper on this forum. Just wait till his v.2 is ready. I think it might help to increase profits for all who choose to use it. Again thanks for all your hard work that you have put into this.

Calgary
                            Canada
                            Member #9419
                            December 7, 2004
                            228 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2006, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Possibly a stupid question Soniq but if I deleted all the draws except the last one in your pick3 spreadsheet and replaced them with the ones from my pick3 game and then copied your formula to all the rows; if I pressed F9 at that point, would it recalculate correctly then.  I'm not bad with excel, but trying last night, Excel would either lock up on me or wouldn't recalculate and I'd get all # signs and no updated numbers.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, if you have the updated sheet with the reverse digits and rolling count that would be great as well.  Defiantely I'll let you know the result of the test using your spreadsheet for the Western Canadian Pick3 once I get the sheet working right.  Thanks. 

Calgary
                              Canada
                              Member #9419
                              December 7, 2004
                              228 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2006, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Ok, I figured it out.  Looks like I had spaces in my data that weren't supposed to be there.  I have the -1's in my sheet.  Just wondering if you can send me the updated formula's for the spreadsheet for the pick3 soniq?  Thanks.  However, something I did find very interesting was that in my data I had 91 straight hits in the first 350 draws, then there was 45 for the remaining 2890 draws.  Hopefully it's not something wrong with what I did.  Disregarding the 91 hits:

45*500=22500

3240 draws *1=3240

That's $19250 profit, almost 7X the outlay....awesome.