Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

SoniQ BOOM, a new P3/P4 system (Excel)

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 11 years ago by xavier102772.

Page 7 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
moreno1966's avatar - techno eye.jpg
roxbury
United States
Member #26651
November 20, 2005
43 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2006, 7:57 am - IP Logged

same here  zoozie. not excel train.regular numbers guy.hope it is in basic for us not into excel hypersoniq.thanks from all of here at lp 

Zoozie's avatar - back
    South Fort Myers
    United States
    Member #26835
    November 23, 2005
    454 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2006, 8:09 am - IP Logged

I don't mind excel - and can download the sheet... just hope it is for the non-excel users - KISS.  :)

Basically where we can download the excel sheet, input our numbers and see the numbers we should play without having to figure out -1, algorithms, etc.  LOL

Zoozie  Dance

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
    Napoleon Hill

Pogo's avatar - wfl
      NC
      United States
      Member #29378
      January 1, 2006
      552 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2006, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Soniq, I too made the changes of losing the -1 & looking for the number pairs' matches by using the previous line. Here's the code I use for identifying a tie.

=COUNTIF(Q3418:Z3418,AA3418)

This is for the first digit & it replaces the row AB which is previously unused. I then added conditional formatting to turn the background rose colored, if and only if it counts a tie.

Hope you like it, Pogo 

Calgary
        Canada
        Member #9419
        December 7, 2004
        228 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2006, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

If anyone is curious as to how to fix the counting for the spreadsheet, I modified the formula to correct the counting.  I checked back manually and it counts the exact number of hits.  Just a warning, the result is not very good for hits.  Looks like the counting of the forward digit really skews the results.  Anyway, with the corrected counting it produces only a couple straight hits. 

The following is for the first 0 digit count.  For the second digit just change the first Q$1 to r$11 and so on.  Then for the next set of 0-9 digit counting, change $J1802 to $K1802.  Hope everyone can understand my explanation.

=IF($J1802=Q$1, IF((SUMPRODUCT(--($M$3:$M1802=$M1802),--($J$3:$J1802=Q$1)))=0,0,SUMPRODUCT(--($M$3:$M1802=$M1802),--($J$3:$J1802=Q$1))-1), IF((SUMPRODUCT(--($M$3:$M1802=$M1802),--($J$3:$J1802=Q$1)))=0,0,SUMPRODUCT(--($M$3:$M1802=$M1802),--($J$3:$J1802=Q$1))))

So much for my Pick3 retirement.  LOL  Perhaps there is still something to salvage however.  I still think there is something there.  Anyway, hope my counting formula helps everybody.   

Pogo's avatar - wfl
          NC
          United States
          Member #29378
          January 1, 2006
          552 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2006, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I calculated last night for midday pick 3 & midday pick 4 as:

256 & 0313 respectively with a few other numbers ($12 at $1 per a pick 3 or pick 4) 

Today's midday drawing for Pick 3 & Pick 4 in VA were:

258 & 3033 respectively... ...so we're getting closer!!! -PoGo-

Anna, TX
            United States
            Member #26720
            November 21, 2005
            263 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2006, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

thanks! will check it out later.

Calgary
              Canada
              Member #9419
              December 7, 2004
              228 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2006, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Just finished checking through my 3240 draw history with the updated couting formula.  6 hits in 3240 draws.  Well, it's not amazing anymore, but it does beat random expectation which is only 3 hits. 

I believe somebody mentioned it, but perhaps by counting the number of times each digit follows the last digit for each position and then choosing the digit which has the highest combined hits with soniq's number choice method and this one, perhaps that would produce a greater number of hits. 

I'm gonna plug mt counting formula into soniq's original sheet and let you guys know my result soon.

Anna, TX
                United States
                Member #26720
                November 21, 2005
                263 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2006, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I think I may have something you want to look at. When I get to work I will send it over.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #1340
                  April 6, 2003
                  2450 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2006, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

sometimes simple is better...

gonna try this...

=SUMPRODUCT(--($M$3:$M1801=$M1802),--($J$3:$J1801=Q$1))

note the range is restricted to data above the required match, might have been a less serious formula error because the target was part of the results... waiting to see (another recalc...)

if the system appears to count correctly I will put it up when done, then update the others and put them up as recalcs get done.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Calgary
                    Canada
                    Member #9419
                    December 7, 2004
                    228 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2006, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Just went through your spreadsheet with my updated formula soniq......well about 5000 draws anyway.  Thought I'd just do half or so, cause it's so big.  Anyway, 4 hits was all it got.  I'll try your formula to see how it counts as well.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                      NC
                      United States
                      Member #29378
                      January 1, 2006
                      552 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2006, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

That's the exact same formula I'm using. I think it including the current search item was throwing it off, but it severely hurts the number of hits you get. But the data seems to be better. The numbers it produced for tonight's drawings are: (27 of them) lots of ties for the number counts, but here goes: 411, 412, 415, 481, 482, 485, 491, 492, 495, 511, 512, 515, 581, 582, 585, 591, 592, 595, 711, 712, 715, 781, 782, 785, 791, 792, and 795. Night time numbers in VA have a lot more ties going on. Has anyone tried a composite of the draws, you know, Midday & Evening draws??? I was going to make-up another sheet and run them tonight, however, how would we know to play them during the day or night... ...or both???

BTW, with the newest formula in place I hand checked about 500 +/- draws so far & it seems to be coutning correctly now. I'll keep checking though & I'll report back later this evening when VA's 11PM pick-3's come in. -PoGo- 

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2006, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

I redid the first sheet with my last formula revision, it does the same thing... 8 straights :-(

but the counts are right...

soon as it's done (locked up during save) I will add tonight's draw and see if the pick from last draw changes... I have a feeling it won't.

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2006, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

it didn't change, so it looks like that part is fixed up too...

I think it's time to break it down and see how many single digit matches were involved...

position 1 = 1,029

position 2 =  975

position 3 = 1,027

I am uploading this new (and newly unimpressive, sorry bout that folks) sheet to the website in place of the sb3 sheet on there... should only take a few minutes...

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                            NC
                            United States
                            Member #29378
                            January 1, 2006
                            552 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2006, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Soniq don't get down about it. It's progress!!!

I did a sheet with single digits - no info here. But, when I did a sheet with triple digits (1st digit from 3 draws) the overall number of hits is basically the same as the double digit system we are currently using. But here's the interesting thing, the numbers don't sart showing up until later on in the system unlike the double digit system, where the are spread out.

Next, I'm going to try the triple digit system on the night draws, because I have about five years worth of extra numbers beyond what the midday draw has, so stay tuned for the results.

Soniq, your doing some excellent work!!! 

Calgary
                              Canada
                              Member #9419
                              December 7, 2004
                              228 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2006, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Pogo, does that mean that it's the same as the double digit system before the counting errors were found or after? If it's before than maybe I can think about pick3 retirement again. : )