Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

SoniQ BOOM, a new P3/P4 system (Excel)

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 11 years ago by xavier102772.

Page 8 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Pogo's avatar - wfl
NC
United States
Member #29378
January 1, 2006
552 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2006, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Don't start thinking of retirement... ...well, not quite yet anyways. The triple digit system works just like the double digit system; both systems being the versions after we found the errors. So they are both only hitting very infrequently. But the good news is that the numbers the double digit system and the numbers the triple digit system hit on only overlap some. Meaning 1 system gives numbers the other system doesn't and vice versa. Another problem arises though one system may give you 2 numbers that tie & the second system gives you 2 numbers that tie - making just 1 digit have 4 possible numbers to fill its shoes. A minor set back, but it's providing us with further data. VA night pick 3 has been going for 15 or 15 1/2 years, s there's plenty of data... ...we just need to keep on digging and coming up with new ideas. Good Luck to all & talk to ya'll tomorrow! -PoGo-

Anna, TX
    United States
    Member #26720
    November 21, 2005
    263 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2006, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

did your new sheet for night, down from 41 counts to 6.

pogo, My texas sheet has night, eve, and then combined. the hits on the combined was only 10 more than mid, and 20 less overall.

I have all night again to work on this, soon as people stop calling me to fix something.

Oh well, job security.

Melissa 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2006, 9:57 am - IP Logged

recalcing the second sheet, will post to my website when done, this is the one that uses high to low to arbitrate ties...

the 4 sheets by name and function

sb3.xls    uses full history and arbitrates ties low to high (uploaded to website already)

sb3_h2l.xls  also uses full history but arbitrates high to low (to be uploaded on recalc completion)

sb3_roll.xls  uses rolling history, arbitrates like sb3.xls (pending recalc)

sb3_h2l_roll.xls  also uses rolling history, arbitrates like sb3_h2l (pending recalc)

again, the formulas are stripped and replaced with the value in all but the last 2 or so rows so they don't take up too much of my website space (only allowed 25MB, including the HTML and graphics)

thanks to all who helped identify the errors, that would have been heartbreaking to convert this to the rest of the 8 sheets with errors and false wins... (there are 4 sheets as above, only for pick4--all need fixin' yet)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2006, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I noticed the hits spaced out evenly, it may not be needed to post a rolling history, but I will still fix and post it just to compare.

the biggest difference in each individual column is about 900 matches... error formula was closer to 2000 matches in each column. if that can be increased, the hits will surely follow...

still, on average, each column picks the right number 1/10th of the time. the repaired version picks more individual digits than vtrac straight mirror does, but vtrac lines 'em up more. 21 hits vs. 8

I would like to incorporate a "hot number check" so that tie arbitration is aided by the hottest numbers, but how many draws constitute "hot"? 100? 1,000? 10? any ideas here?

after sb3_h2l is done, I am going to try a clean-sheet redesign to incorporate this. will add about 33 more columns but may help pick up the number of individual column hits (THAT is what we're after right now, matches on all 3 will happen naturally after individual hits are improved)

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #1340
          April 6, 2003
          2450 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2006, 11:06 am - IP Logged

second file done and uploaded... 8 hits also

position hits are mostly less...

position 1 = 997

position 2 =  985 (10 more than sb3.xls)

position 3 = 946

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2006, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

1800 draw rolling history version of H2L is done... 12 hits :-(

position 1 = 1,044

position 2 =  996

position 3 = 950

Pogo's avatar - wfl
              NC
              United States
              Member #29378
              January 1, 2006
              552 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2006, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I'm trying something new here... ...I'm setting my goal initially low. I'm going to start trying just to predict just 1 digit with some accuracy & consistency. I think shooting for a straight 3 was just to ambitious at this point. Soniq, again I can't say enough good things about what you started here. I haven't researched something this hard since College. The rest of the gand here: keep the great ideas flowing in & keep the positive thoughts going. Tonight I just finished dividing 15 years of VA's nightly pick-3 up into monthly segments. Putting all the Jan's together, Feb's together, Mar's together, etc. Not, much more usable data though. I was just thinking about the yearly soltices & all. Anyway... ...back to the spreadsheet :-) - PoGo-

Calgary
                Canada
                Member #9419
                December 7, 2004
                228 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2006, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Great idea to concentrate on picking one gigit with consistency and accuracy Pogo.  I think soniq is definately on the right track.  Let's try this:

Soniq's sheet currently selects a 2 digit precursor and does a count of the following digit and chooses the highest or lowest digit as the selection.  Why not do the same thing but use a single digit, double digit and triple digit precursor.  Sum for each digit position and select based on the highest or lowest count as per soniq's sheet.  Use a specific draw history as below for each precursor type, as below.  It can be tweeked I'm sure to get the best result.  Since Soniq, seems to be the master at Excel, I was hoping he wouldn't mind implementing this.  I'm pretty good with Excel, but I definately know when someone is better.  What do you guys think?  I think this would bring us closer.

For clarity:

Precursor 1(100 draw rolling history)

Digit 0 = 15 hits
                Digit 1 = 4 hits
                Digit 2 = 7 hits

Precursor 2(1800 draw rolling history)

Digit 0 = 8 hits
                Digit 1 = 12 hits
                Digit 2 = 3 hits

Precursor 3(full draw history)

Digit 0 = 3 hits
                Digit 1 = 5 hits
                Digit 2 = 2 hits

Total digit 0 = 26
                Total digit 1 = 21
                Total digit 2 = 12

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #1340
                  April 6, 2003
                  2450 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2006, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

you mean vertical combos greater than 2?

such as 1-4-6 would be position 1 in

1/1  1-3-5

1/2  4-6-8

1/3  6-2-0

?

Calgary
                    Canada
                    Member #9419
                    December 7, 2004
                    228 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2006, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Yes, so if you use your numbers below. The first vertical column, or precursor digit would be 6 for the single digit precursor count. The next would add the 4 to it, so it would be 64 for the 2 digit precursor and the 3 digit precursor would be 641. Follow the same format for each digit in every draw.

you mean vertical combos greater than 2?

such as 1-4-6 would be position 1 in

1/1 1-3-5

1/2 4-6-8

1/3 6-2-0

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #1340
                      April 6, 2003
                      2450 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2006, 6:03 am - IP Logged

I started out before posting with the single digit precursor... results were poor, even with the formula error.

triple digit precursors don't hold up well, there aren't enough of 'em even using full history.

the hardest part about tweaking the results is to avoid using data that you woudln't have had before each pick... I am trying to figure out how to increase the individual column matches in one single step...

perhaps this particular method needs to be modified... maybe announcers would work better 2 or 3 draws prior, rather than the next draw only... for example, vertical pair 5-2 might be calling for a particular number, and we need to see how long it takes for that number to come out. if the end pick is something like 7-4-1, see if 7-4-1 comes out within 5 or 10 draws from when it was called...

that's the direction I am heading at the moment.

Only Ion Saliu truly understands announcers... I like excel but when it comes to the lottery, I might just be the villiage idiot Jester

Calgary
                        Canada
                        Member #9419
                        December 7, 2004
                        228 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2006, 11:21 am - IP Logged

True that.  I agree that looking a few draws back may be the way.  I've been trying a new strategy based on Ion's Pick332 software lately when I saw what you had with the spreadsheet.  It uses another guys idea, modified from here for picking filter settings.  So, far it is the best strategy I have found/thought up.  If you're at all curious about it and know how to use Ion's Pick332 and/or Pick632, message me and I'll let you know the strategy I'm using.