Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

GA-KY-VA Lose for Life

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Will you boycott if no cash option?

Yes [ 8 ]  [26.67%]
No [ 19 ]  [63.33%]
Maybe [ 3 ]  [10.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2006, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Lotto South is being replaced by a "lose for life" game. No word on whether it will have the all-important cash option.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2006, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

First off, if you do not like something, then that's fine, but please stop trying to push your views about the thing onto other people.  It's really annoying, and now you are being associated with making a big deal out of nothing.  Who cares if a game in a state nowhere near you has a cash option or not?  It's not like you're gonna be able to play in that state anytime soon, so what does it matter?

Second, Todd never said anything to you about your signature?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2006, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

ew:

If the new GA-KY-VA game _does_not_ have a cash option, it's bad news for those of us who would rather collect our big lottery prize in lump sum. If the game becomes popular, other states may want to offer a "lose for life" game without a cash option. The WA Lucky for Life scratch game has a cash option, so there's no excuse for the PA game or the coming GA-KY-VA game not to have a cash option.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31349 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2006, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

ew:

If the new GA-KY-VA game _does_not_ have a cash option, it's bad news for those of us who would rather collect our big lottery prize in lump sum. If the game becomes popular, other states may want to offer a "lose for life" game without a cash option. The WA Lucky for Life scratch game has a cash option, so there's no excuse for the PA game or the coming GA-KY-VA game not to have a cash option.

you waste all your energy on this.  it is annoying.  give it a rest.  no one cares.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Knoxville
          United States
          Member #13510
          April 7, 2005
          89 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2006, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

What's annoying to me is when one member of a forum is critized by another for expressing their opinion, no matter how crass it may be.  After all, freedom to express your opinions is what forums are all about.  If you are that annoyed by the opinions of others then maybe you should not participate in any forum.

Knoxville
            United States
            Member #13510
            April 7, 2005
            89 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2006, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I really liked Lotto South and would drive 2 hours (round trip) from Knoxville, TN to the Kentucky border to buy tickets.  The last run went to $27 million which was great, but I could not get multiple draws so I spent a fortune in gas driving back and forth.  Now I am sad that it is ending.  I can't really get excited about the 140,000,000:1 odds of Powerball.  I don't know what Win for Life is but maybe it will be cool.  I have always planned on taking payments so it will not bother me if they don't have a cash option.  However, I think the game should definitely have a cash option.  The more people the game appeals to the better for the game.  They need to accomadate as many people as they can.

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
              kent, washington
              United States
              Member #3509
              January 26, 2004
              465 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2006, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

I really liked Lotto South and would drive 2 hours (round trip) from Knoxville, TN to the Kentucky border to buy tickets.  The last run went to $27 million which was great, but I could not get multiple draws so I spent a fortune in gas driving back and forth.  Now I am sad that it is ending.  I can't really get excited about the 140,000,000:1 odds of Powerball.  I don't know what Win for Life is but maybe it will be cool.  I have always planned on taking payments so it will not bother me if they don't have a cash option.  However, I think the game should definitely have a cash option.  The more people the game appeals to the better for the game.  They need to accomadate as many people as they can.

i wish i could have made that run with you. i liked playing that game when i was in the south. never won on it but it was a cool game. in my books it will be missed.

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
                kent, washington
                United States
                Member #3509
                January 26, 2004
                465 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2006, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Lotto South is being replaced by a "lose for life" game. No word on whether it will have the all-important cash option.

What do you call a lesbian dinosaur?  LickaLOTTOpos!  << i am not even lesbian and i don't like this. i am not even female or gay and i find this in bad taste. you have your right to express yourself but i have mine to express my distaste.

peace.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31349 Posts
                  Posted: January 5, 2006, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

What's annoying to me is when one member of a forum is critized by another for expressing their opinion, no matter how crass it may be.  After all, freedom to express your opinions is what forums are all about.  If you are that annoyed by the opinions of others then maybe you should not participate in any forum.

why should we tolerate crassness???

love to nibble those micey feet.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: January 5, 2006, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

it will be 1,000 a week for life............

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2006, 8:04 am - IP Logged

I knew this thread was coming. Expressing an opinion is fine, but when you try to ram that opinion down everyone else's throat on a daily basis via the forums, and private messages, that is not fine.  If fact there is also some hypocrisy in this thread. One member assumes that Cash Only is entitled to express his opinion, yet claims to dislike hearing others oppose it with their own opinions. However it does get kind of old hearing the same thing every single day about the same game, or game type. It got old after about my 5th day here.

Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #17830
                        June 27, 2005
                        309 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2006, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Some of the the information on the new multistate Win For Life game is posted on the VA Lottery web site (www.valottery.com) in this article:

New Virginia Lottery Game Offers The Prize Of A Lifetime!

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                          E-Town,Ky
                          United States
                          Member #3493
                          January 25, 2004
                          6348 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Anyone is supposed to be able to express there opinion on this forum,or so I thought,If that is there opinion,and want to take a poll so be it,  

Saleo Paleo    

Coastal Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #2653
                            October 30, 2003
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2006, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I voted NO.  Boycott might be a bit strong... 

By the way, there WILL be a cash option choice according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today.

The cash option is a lump sum of $520,000.

DD

Oh, and if I don't like another member's opinion, I do not have to respond.

United States
                              Member #16612
                              June 2, 2005
                              3493 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't play this game if it didn't have the cash value option. Boycott is a strong word so my vote was yes.