Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

GA-KY-VA Lose for Life

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Will you boycott if no cash option?

Yes [ 8 ]  [26.67%]
No [ 19 ]  [63.33%]
Maybe [ 3 ]  [10.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #5565
July 11, 2004
260 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2006, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Not having a cash option probably opens up the state to offering an alternative 6-number lotto that has a rolling cash jackpot.  I'd rather see both types of games available.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2006, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Not having a cash option probably opens up the state to offering an alternative 6-number lotto that has a rolling cash jackpot.  I'd rather see both types of games available.

At least PA has the all-cash Match 6. But there's no excuse to offering a game without a cash option (either jackpot or lifetime prize).

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2006, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Cash ONLY:  If you support annuitized jackpot games having a cash option, then would you also support cash only jackpot games having an annuity option?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2006, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Cash ONLY:  If you support annuitized jackpot games having a cash option, then would you also support cash only jackpot games having an annuity option?

Yes I would.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2006, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

If GA refuses to offer a cash option (KY and VA reportedly are) then could Massachusetts stop allowing Mega Millions winners to collect in lump sum? (MA Megabucks is annuity-only).

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2006, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

At least PA has the all-cash Match 6. But there's no excuse to offering a game without a cash option (either jackpot or lifetime prize).

Is Match 6 all cash?  I thought is was option.  Hummm.  Better then I thought.  I have never come close to winning the max, but have cleaned up on the multiple row options.  Then quit playing it.  Maybe I'll get a few when I go back to PA!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2006, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Is Match 6 all cash?  I thought is was option.  Hummm.  Better then I thought.  I have never come close to winning the max, but have cleaned up on the multiple row options.  Then quit playing it.  Maybe I'll get a few when I go back to PA!

Match 6 is all-cash.

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2006, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

If annuity and cash is involved, all I want is honesty on how much each option is worth.  Advertise the real value (cash) and state you only get the higher value (annuity) if you wait 20 or 30 years. In bold, up front, not on page sixty-four, buried in some table.

Cheers

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2006, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Match 6 is not only all cash, but once topped $5,000,000. And it just hit 5 figures again, a strange $200,000 jump at that. You can't go wrong with Match 6, big jackpots, and great odds at getting your money back, if not more.

(insert signature here)

Sparta, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #18331
                    July 9, 2005
                    1977 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2006, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Match 6 is not only all cash, but once topped $5,000,000. And it just hit 5 figures again, a strange $200,000 jump at that. You can't go wrong with Match 6, big jackpots, and great odds at getting your money back, if not more.

I contributed to the five million win.  I remember the lines around the block, for the beggers, story.  Like I've said before, never hit a big one, but have hit lots of dollars on it.  I cleaned up when they had that computer match thing.  Where, if you number matched some random number you were paid extra.  Hit it several times for several hundred dollars.  Too bad I have to drive to play.  I won more there then the NJ Pick6.  Pick6 pays very little for anything.  Cash 5 is good, Pick6 sux.  I can't get there until Saturday, we'll see if it is hit Friday.

Cheers

Sparta, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #18331
                      July 9, 2005
                      1977 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2006, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

WOW - Match 6 jumped to $1.1M - unfortunately, will charge me 8% tax on a win in PA!  Greed mothers.  Ph well, they'll let me keep the tax money on MM from tonight.

Cheers

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: February 28, 2006, 9:48 am - IP Logged

WOW - Match 6 jumped to $1.1M - unfortunately, will charge me 8% tax on a win in PA!  Greed mothers.  Ph well, they'll let me keep the tax money on MM from tonight.

I'm glad you would have to pay state tax if you hit PA Unlucky for Life.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                          Member #4416
                          April 22, 2004
                          1075 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2006, 9:00 am - IP Logged

I was a big fan of Lotto South, but that game is history now. There's no point in crying over spilled milk. I never really cashed a big ticket on Lotto South anyway. My biggest lottery win ever was $1000 on the old 6/42 Lotto Kentucky game. I genuinely look forward to playing the new Win for Life game with its 6/42 matrix and a bonus ball.

There's no way in the world I would boycott Win for Life. Gigantic jackpots might be quite attractive to most people, but the chances of winning such a jackpot are practically nil. I think Win for Life is a good game with an honest appeal. It doesn't dangle some impossible sum of money before us like a carrot; however, it does offer us a far better chance to win a reasonable amount of money. I certainly wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so $1000 a week would certainly make an appreciable difference in my life. It would seem downright foolish to accept a cash option for the 10 year minimum payout of $520,000 minus taxes when the game will offers $1000 a week for the rest of your natural life. Unless you're expecting to die in less than ten years, that just doesn't make good sense. Personally, I don't care what happens after I die; I'll take the $1000 a week while I'm living.

There are plenty of good reasons to play the new Win for Life game. The 6/42 matrix gives players much lower odds to beat, so it's a game in which we stand a much better chance of hitting the top prize. The bonus ball feature gives players additional chances to win secondary prizes. Even though I'm gunning for the big one, it's always good to have some smaller wins along the way. I like the idea of a steady, modest quarterly income as opposed to winning some outrageous amount of money that I don't really need. Too much money could create problems and change my life in ways that I'd rather not experience.

Anybody can take the cash option if it's offered in the state that they play in, but I'd have to pass on it. I'm certainly not going to boycott Win for Life for not having a cash option. CASH Only, maybe you should work on trying to iron out all of the shortcomings of the New York lottery. I should think that would be more than enough to keep you occupied. Down here, we still take a rather dim view of carpetbaggers! LOL

Good luck to all Win for Life players,

aye'

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: March 1, 2006, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I was a big fan of Lotto South, but that game is history now. There's no point in crying over spilled milk. I never really cashed a big ticket on Lotto South anyway. My biggest lottery win ever was $1000 on the old 6/42 Lotto Kentucky game. I genuinely look forward to playing the new Win for Life game with its 6/42 matrix and a bonus ball.

There's no way in the world I would boycott Win for Life. Gigantic jackpots might be quite attractive to most people, but the chances of winning such a jackpot are practically nil. I think Win for Life is a good game with an honest appeal. It doesn't dangle some impossible sum of money before us like a carrot; however, it does offer us a far better chance to win a reasonable amount of money. I certainly wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so $1000 a week would certainly make an appreciable difference in my life. It would seem downright foolish to accept a cash option for the 10 year minimum payout of $520,000 minus taxes when the game will offers $1000 a week for the rest of your natural life. Unless you're expecting to die in less than ten years, that just doesn't make good sense. Personally, I don't care what happens after I die; I'll take the $1000 a week while I'm living.

There are plenty of good reasons to play the new Win for Life game. The 6/42 matrix gives players much lower odds to beat, so it's a game in which we stand a much better chance of hitting the top prize. The bonus ball feature gives players additional chances to win secondary prizes. Even though I'm gunning for the big one, it's always good to have some smaller wins along the way. I like the idea of a steady, modest quarterly income as opposed to winning some outrageous amount of money that I don't really need. Too much money could create problems and change my life in ways that I'd rather not experience.

Anybody can take the cash option if it's offered in the state that they play in, but I'd have to pass on it. I'm certainly not going to boycott Win for Life for not having a cash option. CASH Only, maybe you should work on trying to iron out all of the shortcomings of the New York lottery. I should think that would be more than enough to keep you occupied. Down here, we still take a rather dim view of carpetbaggers! LOL

Good luck to all Win for Life players,

aye'

I still don't know whether KY has a cash option. Only Virginia definately does.

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2006, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Hopefully there were no top-prize losers in the inagural drawing. Think of the overhead that will be created by the three states for each of the next few decades.